• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT| Don't Compare Refs to Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.
mavs gonna mav

loldirk_a_GIFSoupcom.gif

dirkdirkdirk_o_GIFSoupcom.gif

markymark_o_GIFSoupcom.gif

Nobility

Banned
Sorry I haven't been posting, I've been having mini seizures orgasms with the beginning of the Blazers scoring run.

I can't believe my eyes.

dream said:
well, I mean, like, context and circumstance

this is the greatest performance I've ever seen

WTF is this shit. greatest ever? Are you 12?

MJ's flu game. Magic's 1980 game 7 NBA Finals? Sigh...

That said, this was fucking epic. Had Terry hit that jumper to win the game, it would have been one of the biggest sucker punch losses ever. Roy was unfreakingreal. What a 1 man show that was. So glad I came back for 2nd half of this one.

Can Dallas recover from this? How do they always choke like this!?

Black Mamba said:

That said, this was fucking epic.

Yeah, not even close to being one of the best performances of all time but obviously the best in the playoffs so far.

Branduil

Black Mamba said:

That said, this was fucking epic. Had Terry hit that jumper to win the game, it would have been one of the biggest sucker punch losses ever. Roy was unfreakingreal. What a 1 man show that was. So glad I came back for 2nd half of this one.

Of course they can't. I hope their plane crashes and they all die. End the pain.

Black Mamba said:

I think so. Dallas always does well at home. The question is if they can win a game 6 back in Portland. Or if they lose at home, if they can win one in Portland.

The mavs are now what, 2 for their last 18 for road play-off games.

punkypine

Black Mamba said:

You'd have to be about 40 to remember Magic's game.... there are dozens of more recent examples anyway

anyway, can't believe i turned the game off. god damn it

reilo said:
This is. wow.

Black Mamba, Blackface: choke on it bitcheeeesssss

Not sure why you say it to me. Roy is one of my favorties. I said Roy shouldn't be playing if he can't get anything going early. He has moved a lot better in game 3 and this one. I didn't say he shouldn't play. Go back and re-read what I said, I specifically noted IF he can't do anything.

Obviously, he got it going!

Bread

Banned
Black Mamba said:

Do you really expect anyone here to remember a game from 1980? Lol. He said the best he's ever seen, not best performance ever.

Sho_Nuff82 said:
As much as I hate to admit it, the Celtics' comeback over the Nets was better. I was fucking heated that night.
Kidd was on that team too.
That game...that was when Pierce earned his nickname.

Told ya'll Portland wouldn't reach 90 points.

Black Mamba said:

As much as I hate to admit it, the Celtics' comeback over the Nets was better. I was fucking heated that night.
Kidd was on that team too.

StickSoldier said:
Did RC really go a whole quarter without trapping or atleast double teaming Broy one time? Fuckin chokers man, it's all that team is.

After the second blow-by, don't you have to let Marcus Camby or Gerald Wallace beat you with a jumper?

Duki

Banned
sportsguy33 Bill Simmons
This is like watching a play of Game 4 of the 2006 Finals with Brandon Roy as Dwyane Wade and the refs as the refs.
7 minutes ago

looooool

I hope before Roy's career is totally done, he gets a chance to play on a contender, even if it's off the bench (like Walton on the Celts) because you have to think he's got more moments and games like this in him. He wasn't just a great player, whatever "it" is, he's got it, it's a shame his body failed him.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
@ESPN_Caplan: Mavs blow out Blazers, silence Rose Garden: PORTLAND, Ore. -- http://es.pn/frs9Sh

PORTLAND, Ore. -- A stunning third quarter saw the Mavericks blow the doors of the Blazers with a 30-14 quarter for a 67-49 lead heading into the fourth quarter.

The Mavs led by as many as 23 points as the Blazers missed their first 15 shots of the quarter and needed a late flurry just to get within 18 points.

After Portland clawed back from a 10-point lead to trail by two at the half, the third quarter started ominously for the Mavs with Jason Kidd picking up a fourth foul early on. But, Dallas was hitting shots while Portland wasn't. Shawn Marion had eight points in the quarter and Dirk Nowitzki had seven. Kidd hit his third 3-pointer and Peja Stojakovic buried two.

Portland is shooting 28.6 percent for the game as the Mavs are playing tight defense and giving up few second-chance opportunities.

threenote

Banned
Black Mamba said:

not everyone is an old timer like you.

Branduil

Ninja Scooter said:
I hope before Roy's career is totally done, he gets a chance to play on a contender, even if it's off the bench (like Walton on the Celts) because you have to think he's got more moments and games like this in him. He wasn't just a great player, whatever "it" is, he's got it, it's a shame his body failed him.
I'm glad he got injured. I hope his career ends after this season and he retires ringless.

Who gives a fuck about the refs, honestly. They were up by 18 in the 4th! It was some sloppy basketball and RC didn't make any adjustments on BRoy. It's like RC was content with Roy making every shot and slowly chip away at the lead. This series is going Blazers in 6 like I originally said.

snack said:
Roy took over, but it was still a choke job on behalf of the Mavs.

You have to have both in situations like that, one player can't overcome a 20 point deficit in the 4th by themself.

Dallas should have gone to Marion and Dirk more late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom