• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season lOT2l It Wasn't Me, It Was Uncle Drew

Cloudy

Banned
Exactly. Our bench is better than the starters of some teams, but they really shine when going up against other benches. If you've watched CP3 and Bledsoe play for any considerable amount of time and still think that Bledsoe is better, then I really don't know what to tell you. I guess your main beef with PGs is that they might prevent Kobe from taking more shots.

lol I don't think Bledsoe is better than CP3. I just think it's offensive to put CP3 in the same category of the top elite players.

No one ever compared Stockton or Isaiah to Jordan but folks think it's okay to lump CP3 in with Kobe, LeBron, KD and Melo. Fucking disrespectful IMO lol

CP3 is not even in the same league as Kobe as an offensive player and will never be. That stat is obviously skewed for high assist guys. BOGUS

CP3 is one of the smartest players in the league and is ruthlessly efficient

Kobe is basically a shorter Hedo Turkoglu at this point but with worse defense

Emwitus

I appreciate good PG play but I'm not going to give one guy credit for another guy making his fucking shots! Just because our PGs suck doesn't mean CP3 is a legitimate MVP candidate.

The main job of a point guard is to control the offense and get players in position to score the easiest way possible.

Gaddam lol

Cloudy

Banned
Exactly. Our bench is better than the starters of some teams, but they really shine when going up against other benches. If you've watched CP3 and Bledsoe play for any considerable amount of time and still think that Bledsoe is better, then I really don't know what to tell you. I guess your main beef with PGs is that they might prevent Kobe from taking more shots.

lol I don't think Bledsoe is better than CP3. I just think it's offensive to put CP3 in the same category of the top elite players.

No one ever compared Stockton or Isaiah to Jordan but folks think it's okay to lump CP3 (and Nash in his prime) in with Kobe, LeBron, KD and Melo. Fucking disrespectful IMO lol

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Just like defensive rating is skewed against guards, just like your 82games chart doesn't care about bench quality.

All sport stats are bogus if you just use them out of context to suit your narrative.

Or if you are a simpleton that believes only PPG matter.

No one ever compared Stockton or Isaiah to Jordan but folks think it's okay to lump CP3 (and Nash in his prime) in with Kobe, LeBron, KD and Melo. Fucking disrespectful IMO lol

As for PG being overvalued, Magic says, "Fuck you!"

reilo

No one ever compared Stockton or Isaiah to Jordan but folks think it's okay to lump CP3 in with Kobe, LeBron, KD and Melo. Fucking disrespectful IMO lol

STOP POSTING

jman2050

This is going too far in the opposite direction.

Kobe's days of being an elite player are long since over though.

reilo

What's even more hilarious is that CP3 is playing at the most stacked position this league has possibly ever seen -- and he's a level above everyone else.

Why would you compare players of two totally different skill sets? Stockton was one of the best players of his day. If the Jazz were one of the best teams when the Bulls were having an off year, I wouldn't have had a problem with him winning MVP over Jordan.

Cloudy

Banned

LOL crazy how Kobe is so disrespected now. Before the season started, folks were calling him the 3rd best player on his own team. Now that Dwight has been exposed as a fraud w/o superior 3pt protection, it's somehow Kobe's fault. People now invent and exaggerate defensive shortcomings because his offensive efficiency can't be attacked this year.

I hope he can prove the doubters wrong again :D

LOL crazy how Kobe is so disrespected now. Before the season started, folks were calling him the 3rd best player on his own team. Now that Dwight has been exposed as a fraud w/o superior 3pt protection, it's somehow Kobe's fault. People now invent and exaggerate defensive shortcomings because his offensive efficiency can't be attacked this year.

Dwight Koufos sucking isn't Kobe's fault but getting lit up by Corey Brewer and CJ Miles is

jman2050

He's disrespected because of people like you who constantly diminish the accomplishments of superior players in an attempt to prop Kobe up via process of elimination. Jordan didn't need his fans doing shit like that.

The Clippers are scoring 114 points per 100 possessions when CP3 is on the court despite CP3 playing a ton with Willie Green and Caron Butler.

His plus or minus numbers are really good this year. Eric Bledsoe is just a total beast which makes CP3's net plus or minus look bad (like how Joakim Noah used to post bad net plus or minus when Asik was his backup and now has one of the best net plus or minus marks in the league with Nazr backing him up)

What's even more hilarious is that CP3 is playing at the most stacked position this league has possibly ever seen -- and he's a level above everyone else.

I've said several times I'm STILL chapped over that deal getting 86'd by Stern.

I know exactly how good CP3 is and Konex is just delusional.

A guy like that is going to chip. It's just a matter of when.

Only on GAF is KOBE BRYANT *not* an elite player in the NBA.

Is he not as good as he was in his prime? Sure. Does he take too many shots? Always has.

Is he KOBE FUCKING BRYANT, 5-time NBA champion and current league scoring leader with close to (if not actually) 30 PPG? Yes.

And mind you, I hate Kobe...but you have to give credit where credit is due.

When you do the GM sit down in 2k13 it's so retarded, I basically went to the GM and told him I hate Evan Turner's soul and game and he told me "BE PROFESSIONAL" so I told him fuck off and then demanded a trade

Being an asshole is so amusing in the game

When you do the GM sit down in 2k13 it's so retarded, I basically went to the GM and told him I hate Evan Turner's soul and game and he told me "BE PROFESSIONAL" so I told him fuck off and then demanded a trade

Only in 2k can Doug Collins hate Turner so much that he suits up and then demands to be traded.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife

I told the Rockets GM, I wanted to be a bigger part of the offense.
He tells me he'll talk to the coach about getting more touches.

Nothing changed.

Top Bottom