• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season lOT2l It Wasn't Me, It Was Uncle Drew

I mean, Cloudy is right that Kobe's still a top 5 player and a contender for MVP. CP3 is also in the mix, but I really think MVP is a three-way battle between the stud small forwards. Durant, Melo, or LeBron will win it this year, and deservedly so.

I also think as the Clippers bench starts to inevitably flounder and CP3's options whittle down, CP3 won't be able to take over the game offensively like he used to in his Hornets days. His jump shot seems to be faltering, and he's not nearly as quick or elusive as he was pre-knee injury.

Kobe is only behind Durant and Lebron in terms of offensive dominance this year, which is pretty baffling because he's playing better than his MVP season with significantly better teammates and has a significantly worse record than that Lakers team did at this point in the year.

The clips will lose because they aren't living off of the success of their stars' best years. Paul and Blake are beyond season averages. It means that as a team they are doing really well and the roleplayers are playing behind expectation.

But when you hit the playoffs and have to go on the road and teams can plan you out, you can go on terrible runs like the Spurs did last year. You can't expect roleplayers to keep you afloat through the NBA playoffs. Its going to bite you eventually.

MVP is a two man race between Bron and Durant. I'd give it to Durant because he's playing in a tougher conference.

Pimpwerx

They won a playoff game last year and they still haven't shut up about it. Melo getting MVP would be turrible, mainly becuase he doesn't deserve it.

Knicks lost the series handily, save for Melo walking on water in Game4, and they still managed to trash talk that one win. They don't deserve shit. PEACE.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I don't think KD has ever not played with a shoot-first PG. Even Augustin was shoot first... until Larry Brown skullfucked and killed him.

Barkley is paid to give his opinion, funny how sensitive some of these players get.

If you want to shut Barkley up then prove him wrong, he'll admit when he's wrong or Kenny or someone on that crew will stand up to him.

He isn't blogging in his free time to take a shit on YNB's dumbass. On the otherhand publicly having your teammates back isn't the worst thing in the world.

How the fuck does Chuck not know what he's talking about? KD needs to get a clue and force Westbrook to get a "not all shots are created equal" tat on his shooting hand.

linsivvi

How the fuck does Chuck not know what he's talking about? KD needs to get a clue and force Westbrook to get a "not all shots are created equal" tat on his shooting hand.

Charles has a history of not knowing what he talks about though. Just because somebody is an all-time great doesn't mean he's a good basketball analyst.

See: Bill Walton.

Classic example of Chuck not knowing what he's talking about:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxb8cONyZTI

Pimpwerx

Chuck is wrong often. What people like about him is his honesty. On topics he's familiar with, he makes great points. On stuff he just reads in passing, or gets in notes from the production team, he's usually off-base. KD and Brooks have defended Westbrook's reckless style of play in the past. There must be something there that they like. PEACE.

thekad

Banned
Royce White said:
Im not interested in pleasing fans, unless your a fan of... #Transparency & #Humanity... if those are your interests, you should be pleased.

Can we release this kid already?

Everyone is wrong about things occasionally, that doesn't mean you can just flat out say Barkley doesn't know what he's talking about. YNB wastes a lot of possessions, he makes up for them but he sure as hell could stand to improve his shot selection (by a lot) and become a better player.

I think sometimes peoples expectations are too high.

The Thunder are fine. They've gotten better every year and gone farther in the playoffs each time, and with this style of play.

He's got a career high in assists right now and near career lows in turnovers, so while he's not shooting well, he's clearly passing more. The percentages will go up over time.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
They won a playoff game last year and they still haven't shut up about it. Melo getting MVP would be turrible, mainly becuase he doesn't deserve it.

Knicks lost the series handily, save for Melo walking on water in Game4, and they still managed to trash talk that one win. They don't deserve shit. PEACE.

Err, the team said they it pissed them off that they only won that 1 game in that series. Just because fans and the MSG managers decided to drop balloons doesn't mean shit as to how the Knick franchise felt. Yes, they were happy...for that 1 day. But that feeling quickly ended.

Everyone is wrong about things occasionally, that doesn't mean you can just flat out say Barkley doesn't know what he's talking about. YNB wastes a lot of possessions, he makes up for them but he sure as hell could stand to improve his shot selection (by a lot) and become a better player.

Dude lunges at the basket, no type of touch what so ever around the rim. And he's not getting the calls he's used to getting to bail him out. I can only imagine if he had Kryie's father in his life.

Err, the team said they it pissed them off that they only won that 1 game in that series. Just because fans and the MSG managers decided to drop balloons doesn't mean shit as to how the Knick franchise felt. Yes, they were happy...for that 1 day. But that feeling quickly ended.

MorisUkunRasik said:
They won a playoff game last year and still haven't shut up about it.

thekad

Banned
That's punishment for your years of relentlessly trolling Kobe.

He was a 16th pick with very obvious flaws as an NBA player, so I didn't really expect much from him. I thought it was likely he would be a bust. The way he's busted, though, is what's so irritating. Dude's a complete moron.

We won that one playoff game versus the eventual champion with injuries to virtually everyone except Melo, lockout STAT, half-season lockout JR, unknown quantity Novak, and the charred husk of Mike Bibby.

I celebrated hard that day, and I don't care. It was the first time the Knicks won a playoff game since I was like 18 or 19 or something. #yolo, and all that.

I hope Melo keeps this pace up, the Knicks win 50+ games, wins the division, and wins the MVP just to piss more people off and make them throw every arcane advanced statistic at him futilely. That will mean that playoff trolling will begin in earnest - right on time.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Someone give me some good celts news... any rumors going on atm? Ever since the marcin Gortat thing there really hasn't been any big rumors.

Hopefully Danny Ainge has lost his pants tent for Jeff Green and can find some team stupid enough to take that contract.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I've said several times I'm STILL chapped over that deal getting 86'd by Stern.

I know exactly how good CP3 is and Konex is just delusional.

A guy like that is going to chip. It's just a matter of when.

Gotta be careful with those knees though, that's the only reason I wouldn't be too upset about the situation.

thekad

Banned
Apparently Lowry is coming back today, but off the bench...

Amazing how everyone but Bargnani can get blamed for his shittiness as a player. Calderon may have made a whole lot of money because Lowry and Bargnani coincidentally went down at the same time.

cloving you know MWP is a repeat offender

someone who has routinely tried to kill other players doesn't have the same leeway as a harmless flopper like Wade

cloving you know MWP is a repeat offender

someone who has routinely tried to kill other players doesn't have the same luxury as a harmless flopper like Wade

Bitchmade also has been responsible for Rondo being injured, the Collison foul, etc. wade is protected by stern. Cant wait until his gential herpes ass retires.

Top Bottom