• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season lOT2l It Wasn't Me, It Was Uncle Drew

man, brewer didnt make a single one of those shots during the shoot around while clyde and breen were talking lol

*sigh*

Figured I might as well join NBA GAF.

Life long Knicks fan and loving the shit out of this season. J.R. Smith reminds me of the greatest Knick of all time John Starks.

whats good eric

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/sto...nets-serious-jeff-van-gundy-coach-source-says

The Brooklyn Nets hold Jeff Van Gundy in high regard and consider him a serious candidate behind top target Phil Jackson to fill their head coaching vacancy, if he's interested, a league source told ESPNNewYork.com.

Another league source, however, told ESPNNewYork.com that Van Gundy, an ESPN NBA analyst, needs to learn more about Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov and the inner workings of the organization before determining his level of interest. The source said Van Gundy, the former New York Knicks and Houston Rockets coach, likely would prefer taking over the Nets after the season, not during it.

One coaching source advised Thursday that an approach for Southern Methodist University's Larry Brown could not be ruled out, even with Brown in his first season at SMU, because of Brown's close relationship with Nets general manager Billy King. Other veteran coaches available include Nate McMillan, Mike Dunleavy and Flip Saunders, also an ESPN analyst.

I don't want JVG gone from ESPN and next town brown needs to do this

I shed tears like a motherfucker that day but I also have every John Stark card ever made, so it didn't change my opinion that much.

I liked him too, I was in denial even as I did not want Hubert Davis to play, but my god, I'll be dead before you catch me say Starks was "great" or worthy of a grandiloquent mention. Kinda like how I enjoy having Smith around, but I won't ever forget how he shot 3/15 like 4 games in a row last playoffs

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
holy shit the pace of the Rockets/Spurs game lol Times have sure changed.

Pimpwerx

I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that the Heat will never get the first seed in the LBJ era

People only remember the last team standing. As long as banner 3 rises next year, no fucks are given. I wish we didn't lose to godawful teams like the Pistons and Wizards though. PEACE.

Isak_Borg

I liked him too, I was in denial even as I did not wanted Hubert Davis to play, but my god, I'll be dead before you catch me say Starks was "great" or worthy of a grandiloquent mention. Kinda like how I enjoy having Smith around, but I won't ever forget how he shot 3/15 like 4 games in a row last playoffs

I was fucking around when I said he was great but the narrative of his career was great, from a CBA player bagging groceries to going to the NBA really struck a chord with me as a kid and kind of stuck with it. Reason I keep rooting for Knicks, Mets, Jets and Islanders, tendency to root for losers.

Figured I might as well join NBA GAF.

Life long Knicks fan and loving the shit out of this season. J.R. Smith reminds me of the greatest Knick of all time John Starks.

ig5XJbxx8QKe7.gif

I was fucking around when I said he was great but the narrative of his career was great, from a CBA player bagging groceries to going to the NBA really struck a chord with me as a kid and kind of stuck with it. Reason I keep rooting for Knicks, Mets, Jets and Islanders, tendency to root for losers.

Nah I hear you, sports are all about narratives. I side with David versus Goliath too. Just don't tell me about the money the Knicks spend and have spent, it kinda contradicts everything I want to believe

People only remember the last team standing. As long as banner 3 rises next year, no fucks are given. I wish we didn't lose to godawful teams like the Pistons and Wizards though. PEACE.
Oh for sure I will take the eighth seed and a ring every time. but yeah it is annoying watching shitty teams style all over us

this team needs a long ass road trip that its lacked, too bad this trip is full of scrub teams

Deron won't like Larry Brown so they won't go with him. Deron is most likely in Prok's ear. I would think Billy King could be the next one to go. And could see Prok personally breaking Deron's legs if doesn't step his game up.
I liked your idea about Phil replacing billy king, holy shiiiiiit that would be boss

phil as a gm would be amazing. i would pay good money to hear what those negotiations go like

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
fucking refs absurd

SamuraiX-

DMC looks less pissed off and is playing more under control.

Did his little timeout actually work?

Still can't box out for rebounds. -_-

Matrix

another slow start

i like how clyde was saying this team is great at shooting FTs so dont foul them. and their first 7 points came from free throws..

charsace

I liked your idea about Phil replacing billy king, holy shiiiiiit that would be boss

phil as a gm would be amazing. i would pay good money to hear what those negotiations go like

They just asked Prok about Phil and dude had a big ass smile on his face. He said PJ is the coach for now. lol. You know he's going hard for Phil.

Top Bottom