• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season lOT2l It Wasn't Me, It Was Uncle Drew

probably not. amare still has a sore knee but he says he would play if the team needs him to. i think he should wait it out a little longer so hes closer to 100%. melo didnt participate in contact drills today either.

also tyson apparently has a sprained ankle and though he said hed be good for tuesday, he probably wont be 100%

Amare doesn't have a sore knee,he said he feels good after practicing with the dleague and with the players.

Pimpwerx

This is ridiculous.

I don't know him, but the kid sounds like a first-class douche. Even Delonte, with his boundless insanity, gets his crazy-ass in to work. He is a hazard to his teams because of it, but at least he tries. Royce can tweet all he wants, but he's not even reporting to work. And it's not like Houston isn't providing medical assistance. PEACE.

He hasn't played in how long? And he's sore form what? Practice?

He won't ever be 100% again.

he had surgery in november..

Amare doesn't have a sore knee,he said he feels good after practicing with the dleague and with the players.

ah okay, thats good. i guess my twitter feeds were slow. i kept hearing a back forth about "new years day for sure" to "that date isnt guaranteed". i just want this dude as healthy as possible

pilonv1

I don't think Royce has handled this well, however

The Rockets have told me in recent conversations that it is their right to decline even their own doctors' recommendations. The concept of not listening to medical consultants in medical situations is alarming.

I can see how this could spook someone with anxiety issues. But he really should be talking to them about this privately, because public comments wont paint anyone in a good light.

I have an anxiety disorder and i get my ass to work.

Yeah man, this dude is making me sick. Seriously, I have anxiety disorder that definitely interferes with my daily life but I continue to do what I gotta do to live. Sure it stresses me the fuck out but I don't let it control me like he is doing.

When asked if the current Clippers team was the best he's seen in his 17 seasons as a professional basketball player in L.A., Kobe Bryant replied: "I don't think it's a question about it."

"To put together win streaks that are that long, it shows a lot of focus, it shows a lot of unity and a lot of depth because they can beat you multiple ways," Bryant continued. "If you're going to have a winning streak that's that extensive, you have to have guys coming in from all aspects of the game."

Marvin Williams out with knee inflammation :/

Mo Williams' thumb is too swollen to even get an MRI...

Oh well. Maybe Corbin will actually play the young players and think about the future.

giri

Marvin Williams out with knee inflammation :/

Mo Williams' thumb is too swollen to even get an MRI...

Oh well. Maybe Corbin will actually play the young players and think about the future.

Next you'll expect him to play the players that got a double digit lead.

Thats just insane.

I have an anxiety disorder and i get my ass to work.

There are different degrees and nature to it. Your comment makes as much sense as someone saying "I find some guys attractive yet I found the strength to marry a girl anyway" (not that sexual orientation is an illness, i mean it is natural). Royce is making a big mistake in his tweeting, he should surround himself with people who could help his communication, but the whole thing is not just as simple as "don't be crazy" or "you can control it". Not always. Would you say to a schizophrenic he can control his hallucinations? People who take anxiolytics don't have more of a right to judge White.

Mavs are going to be looking at 13-23 soon probably.

Wonder if they'll trade Dirk or shut him down and tank hard for Noel.

You never know, he could be like David Lee and one year everything just comes together out of the blue

Maybe, but I think he'll just stay as he is. He's had a lot of changes in scenery and role and coaching and he still can't defend.

cacophony

jTvQXOdZlmzcU.png

lol

giri

Mavs are going to be looking at 13-23 soon probably.

Wonder if they'll trade Dirk or shut him down and tank hard for Noel.

they won't do anything this season. They'll give dirk a chance to get fit, along with healthy, and then see how he plays with Mayo.

I really don't expect any big moves from them this season.

The off season? ....

diehard

Fleer
There are different degrees and nature to it. Your comment makes as much sense as someone saying "I find some guys attractive yet I found the strength to marry a girl anyway" (not that sexual orientation is an illness, i mean it is natural). Royce is making a big mistake in his tweeting, he should surround himself with people who could help his communication, but the whole thing is not just as simple as "don't be crazy" or "you can control it". Not always. Would you say to a schizophrenic he can control his hallucinations? People who take anxiolytics don't have more of a right to judge White.

If his situation allowed him to travel and play in front of 20k people in college, then i think i know how bad his situation is.

thekad

Banned
I don't think Royce has handled this well, however

I can see how this could spook someone with anxiety issues. But he really should be talking to them about this privately, because public comments wont paint anyone in a good light.

That's all bullshit. He just doesn't want to be sent to the D-League.

I doubt Royce will end up actually receiving a dime from the Rockets after all this. Sounds like it's destined to end with someone suing the other.

Canuck76

Banned
The thing I don't like about Royce is that he keeps complaining that the Rockets haven't been giving him a fair shake in the media... But he refuses to elaborate on what exactly his doctors have been telling the Rockets. If he isn't willing to be forthcoming, stay the fuck off Twitter, it makes him look like a child.

If his doctors' advice amounts to "let Royce start, give him 30 minutes and 20 touches per game, it's good for his anxiety and self-esteem", well, that's just never going to happen at the professional level.

Yeah i agree. I was sort of a defender of this kid earlier but he's obviously doing jack to help the rockets. Only thing he's done is light it up at summer league and then sort of hole up in his home and talked trash on twitter.

If you have mental problems that's fine, but shut the hell up on twitter and come in to work and try to get better and spend as much time in with the team as possible.

From the stuff that's been posted the past few pages, doesn't sound like he's doing that.

That's all bullshit. He just doesn't want to be sent to the D-League.

I doubt Royce will end up actually receiving a dime from the Rockets after all this. Sounds like it's destined to end with someone suing the other.

I wonder what you know less about, health or law. Seems like a draw.

thekad

Banned
I wonder what you know less about, health or law. Seems like a draw.

Are you going to #educate me?

Royce White said:
Lol! why elaborate? it's doctor recommended, that's all that should matter. #Logic Unless you can lend a better medical opinion.

#Logic tells me he refuses to play unless the Rockets "reasonably accomodate" him with minutes he doesn't deserve.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
So that rockets team that won 22 straight or whatever isn't GOAT, but a clippers team with 16 is?

Oh Kobechu.

lol

giri

Are the Rockets really not following the advise of doctors?

No one knows that, because the Rockets refuse to comment on it.

You know, they're trying to not string the kid out to dry.

The only public comment I've seen them make about their demands is that if he is feeling to ill to go to training, then he has to go to therapy that day instead.

Which, IMO, is a pretty reasonable allowance.

Pimpwerx

Isn't the NBDL assignment just the Rox covering their bases? They can prove that they made multiple efforts to accommodate him, including assigning him to a position that has slightly easier travel requirements. It sounds like he's really hung up on not having his own doctors, but I don't see how that should be keeping him from work. Doesn't he need to make a good faith effort of actually going in to work, and then if he has an issue with the medical staff, file his grievance then? I don't understand his rationale really. PEACE.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
No one knows that, because the Rockets refuse to comment on it.

You know, they're trying to not string the kid out to dry.

The only public comment I've seen them make about their demands is that if he is feeling to ill to go to training, then he has to go to therapy that day instead.

Which, IMO, is a pretty reasonable allowance.
Absolutely it is.

cacophony

what pisses me off more than anything is that the dude is getting paid more than Parsons and Greg Smith for doing nothing. I wish the rockets would suspend his pay if thats even possible

pilonv1

what pisses me off more than anything is that the dude is getting paid more than Parsons and Greg Smith for doing nothing. I wish the rockets would suspend his pay if thats even possible

I would think they've been paying him to show they're not trying to alienate him and want to help him. That will probably change soon if he's not progressing.

What I don't like about Royce's comments is, and I'm talking out my ass here, wouldn't a professional likely tell him not to get on planes or do lots of other things that aren't expected from NBA players.

The severity of his condition seems to be completely at odds with what he wants.

What I don't like about Royce's comments is, and I'm talking out my ass here, wouldn't a professional likely tell him not to get on planes or do lots of other things that aren't expected from NBA players.

The severity of his condition seems to be completely at odds with what he wants.

Ya just gotta wonder how the fuck the Rockets missed noticing his mental issues during interviews or ignored them. Weird.

cacophony

This can't all be about riding planes.

It's not. The Rockets allowed him to use a van to get game to game and he still failed to show up to the next game right after this was made. he just wants to have his way 100% with his own doctors or something (&probbly doesnt want to play in the dleague)

Yesterday, USA Today reported that Sacramento is attempting to deal Demarcus Cousins, but there is a split between management and ownership on the deal. The management of Sacramento believes a trade would be best for both parties, while ownership is hoping to get more for their most prized asset. Today KSR has spoken with a source close to Demarcus Cousins both that confirms trade talks are ongoing and Cousins is hoping a deal will be worked out soon. According to the source, the four teams that are most likely to end up making such a deal for cousins are Boston, Dallas, Orlando and Charlotte. The USA Today story reported that Detroit, Houston and Washington are also potential destinations, but the source tells KSR that Cousins has been told those are all unlikely for a variety of reasons.

multiple sources but da fuq

we have nothing useful for a circus tent like Sacramento

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Royce White needs to understand what "reasonable accommodations" actually means... Rockets are stuck with him right now until Royce puts the final nails in his own coffin.

He's made a complete ass out of himself on Twitter.

pilonv1

According to the source, the four teams that are most likely to end up making such a deal for cousins are Boston, Dallas, Orlando and Charlotte

If the Bobcats could get Cousins and keep Biyombo, Walker & MKGOD they'd be pretty fun

Top Bottom