• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season lOT2l It Wasn't Me, It Was Uncle Drew

Who would the Cs give up for Cousins? Sullinger and Melo? Ainge ain't moving his boy Green, and trading Bradley would be almost as dumb as trading Perkins.

giga

Royce's contract is guaranteed for $3m up to next season. Fucking lol.

Unsafe atmosphere in the D-league? Jesus, KG hasn't regressed that badly.

Canuck76

Banned
I think the kings should try to hold onto cousins. Trade Evans, but this dude is not a dime a dozen. How many big men are there like this in the league? This isn't a dwight situation where you know dude's going to bail in a year.

Just keep feeding him, be more consistent with the punishments if he keeps acting up and hope they start winning. But i don't think at this point you can trade him. It's not completely unrepairable.

Caron Butler has burst into flames :/

I think the kings should try to hold onto cousins. Trade Evans, but this dude is not a dime a dozen. How many big men are there like this in the league? This isn't a dwight situation where you know dude's going to bail in a year.

Just keep feeding him, be more consistent with the punishments if he keeps acting up and hope they start winning. But i don't think at this point you can trade him. It's not completely unrepairable.

I'm pretty sure there are a lot of big men who do nothing well other than offensive rebound.

Smokey

Royce's contract is guaranteed for $3m up to next season. Fucking lol.

Unsafe atmosphere in the D-league? Jesus, KG hasn't regressed that badly.

He should go be an activist for anxiety issues..guess you can do that now and steal millions at the same time though

Acting bitch made right now

Just gettin back into NBA lots I don't know about, thnx ... read some earlier in this thread, sounds bad for him. He a pretty good player?

Holy shit blake pulled that out his ass hah

No one knows. Summer league flashes but that's it. Talking about him is damn near OT because dude hasn't done anything in the league. I hope we get a leak eventually, it's becoming harder and harder to care about the situation considering the Rox are decent.

Riggs

Banned
No one knows. Summer league flashes but that's it. Talking about him is damn near OT because dude hasn't done anything in the league. I hope we get a leak eventually, it's becoming harder and harder to care about the situation considering the Rox are decent.

GOt ya , probably explains why I didn't know much about him I guess.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I will explode if we land Cousins and keep Kemba and MKG and keep our pick.

I will explode if we land Cousins.
in joy?

I'm assuming Deron won't be getting a triple double.

and he hasn't been very good since the wrist injury
when did this fucking injury occur? can it not heal? wouldn't it be best he take the season or however long it takes for surgery and the rehealing process to happen? playing with an injury usually makes it worse, no?

or is it an old injury that he can never be same from?

diehard

Fleer
I'm convinced Ronnie Turiaf's entire presence is the guy to be embarrassed so others dont have to.

when did this fucking injury occur? can it not heal? wouldn't it be best he take the season or however long it takes for surgery and the rehealing process to happen? playing with an injury usually makes it worse, no?

he needs surgery, didn't get it so he could play in the Olympics, was a bad decision.

in joy?

He had no business playing in the Olympics. He didn't even play well there. But it's hard to turn down that sex village with Australian swimmers walking around everywhere.

I'm convinced Ronnie Turiaf's entire presence is the guy to be embarrassed so others dont have to.

he needs surgery, didn't get it so he could play in the Olympics, was a bad decision.

He had no business playing in the Olympics. He didn't even play well there. But it's hard to turn down that sex village with Australian swimmers walking around everywhere.
i guess he'll be better next season unless he fucks up his wrist even more, assuming he gets the surgery done.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
AWoj: If Royce White decides he wants to play basketball, he'll have to play in Rockets organization. Houston has no intention of releasing him.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
ugh stuck with him .______.

Good write up...

http://www.hardwoodparoxysm.com/201...te/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

"Dear Royce White,

I’m done. I’m sorry, I tried, but I can’t do this anymore.

I wanted so badly to support you, to back you in your fight to raise awareness about mental illnesses and break the stigmas surrounding them. But it’s hard to believe that’s what you’re fighting for anymore.

At first, I thought you were fighting the good fight. You used your celebrity to speak out against the misconceptions surrounding anxiety. Was it uncomfortable at times? Yes, but the tough yet essential topics are always uncomfortable at first. Continued discussion is what makes them less so.

Teams were scared of you. You were outspoken about your anxiety in a realm in which most who suffer from mental illness keep quiet. And yet, your openness was what gave me, and countless others who suffer from mental illness, hope. When you were drafted, it seemed like a victory for all of us, those with a mental illness, and those who just wanted to see a player of your unique talents take the floor.

Unfortunately, things didn’t get off to a great start. Issues about travel and support systems arose instantly, and prevented you from being at training camp. Then it prevented you from playing in all of the Summer League games. But you did get on the court, and that should have been the start toa promising rookie campaign and a chance to show everyone that anxiety doesn’t have to control our lives.

Should have been. It wasn’t.

Instead, more issues surfaced, and you began a war of words, a war you couldn’t possibly win, with the ONE organization that was willing to take a chance on you. You called them unsupportive, uncaring, ignorant. You called them liars. You took to twitter, howling about this misdeeds and unsafe environment not just of the Rockets, but of the NBA itself. With every chance you got, every perceived slight, you railed against the very people who were trying to help. Only you didn’t want help. Help involves compromise, not bending over backwards to acquiesce to one’s every demand. More and more, it seems like that’s what you actually wanted. You wanted to get better, to join the team, but only on your terms.

There were those who tried to get through to you, to show you that although your heart was in the right place, the direction in which you were headed could only lead to disaster. But you didn’t, no, you wouldn’t listen.

You had the amazing opportunity to make an impact not just on the court, but off of it. You could have broken down barriers. You could have been a leader, a voice for the silent sufferers of mental illnesses, showing them that they don’t have to be ashamed.

And you blew it. Your #AnxietyTrooper and #TeamAnxiety rallying cries, once endearingly cheesy, are now outright embarrassments. Don’t you realize that with every petulant outburst or refusal, you’re further cementing the already negative misconceptions regarding mental health?

You’re not helping. You’re making it worse.

I hate writing about this. In a better world, a world for which you were supposedly a champion, I wouldn’t have to continuously write about you. I wouldn’t have to say that your actions are not representative of me, or anyone else who suffers from anxiety, or depression, or a multitude of other mental illnesses.

Once, it seemed like you were actually trying to help, addressing this taboo in a constructive manner. Now, it just appears you’re using your anxiety as a cover for…well…being an ass.

I know anxiety is a struggle. No, scratch that, I know anxiety is the asshole that holds your head underwater, lets you up just enough so you can remember what breathing feels like, then shoves your head underwater once more. But that doesn’t give you the right to be a petulant brat when you don’t get what you want.

Today, Royce, you lost most of the goodwill and trust your bravery and candor won you. It was already slowly eroding with each outburst against your employer, but when you referenced the Newtown tragedy in your statement refusing Houston’s D-League assignment, somehow equating the massacre of 28 people, 20 of whom were children, to your plight, you hammered the final nail into your own coffin. It was ignorant, and it was beyond disgraceful.

It’s a terrible thing to lose hope. But I’ve lost all hope in you, Royce.

Signed,

Jordan White"

thekad

Banned
I mixed up injuries, he actually needs ankle surgery. I think it takes about 2 months to recover.

I don't see the point in putting that off. They could probably make the playoffs in the East without him.

I will explode if we land Cousins and keep Kemba and MKG and keep our pick.

Sam Amico said:
NBA GM wouldn't be specific, but says "if what I hear is true," Kings will have tough time turning down Bobcats' offer for DeMarcus Cousins.

Kembust/MKG/Cousins/Noel would be an interesting core.

pilonv1

Sam Amico ‏@SamAmicoFSO

NBA GM wouldn't be specific, but says "if what I hear is true," Kings will have tough time turning down Bobcats' offer for DeMarcus Cousins.

Believe DY

Bobcats must be going to eat some salary from the Kings

The Bobcats can't trade their pick and Biyombo hasn't really impressed that much so I would have to think that Kemba or MKG would have to be the core of the deal if it's supposedly good.

Or there's no deal and it's BS.

Top Bottom