• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season lOT2l It Wasn't Me, It Was Uncle Drew

Pkaz01

cp3 since his team is doing the best.
The clippers bench is helping him more than anyone is helping durant. They lost harden and didnt fall off too much thanks to durant.
The clippers best being so good and lebron already having three. This is durants year

Clippers are too stacked cp3 has too much help to be mvp

linsivvi

CP3's minute count is really low this year so I'm not sure how much total value he's providing to his team compared to LeBron or Durant.

What a weird argument to make. All Clippers starters are low in minutes because they've been blowing out opponents. Their win margin is 10 points, #1 in the league.

The clippers bench is helping him more than anyone is helping durant. They lost harden and didnt fall off too much thanks to durant.
The clippers best being so good and lebron already having three. This is durants year

Clippers are too stacked cp3 has too much help to be mvp
cp3 is making them better though.kd has russel who avg is nearly 30 ppg.

linsivvi

i've never used it, still have the same question. How so?

82games is definitely reputable. The problem is with the person mis-using those stats (to put Kobe near the top).

MVP is so patently Durant that it makes me question the level of intelligence in this forum at the moment.

Actually, when you put it this way, that 30 games into the season and somebody is "patently MVP", even when there are multiple players playing at an extremely high level, it is your intelligence that has to be questioned.

Just heard about and read the news about White/the Rockets. It sucks to hear that he's having so much trouble and as much as I want him to overcome his mental issues, it does appear that he's facing this problem in the wrong way, which is probably partly due to his illness and partly due to just a high esteem of himself.

I slightly followed him during his high school years and also during his stint with the Gophers and it was pretty apparent that he has some definite mental disorders outside of just his well-known travel anxiety. Perhaps the biggest example that I can remember is when he was arrested for involvement in some theft of a laptop or something at MOA and shortly after he published a video on youtube talking about how he was leaving the Gophers but at the same time he also went on a long speech of how much he loved the coaches and the programs and how he wanted to help them get lots of success in the future even though he had just announced he was leaving the program. It was really strange to watch, and I'm sure I forgot a lot of the details, but it's definitely apparent that he has some terrible mental problems that have plagued him for most of his life.

It seems that he has embraced social media as a method of talking about his inner feelings, but that I guess/speculate that the comfort he finds in the internet also has held him back from making any true progress offline. He really just needs to pursue true help, but it's hard for me to make any guesses as I don't really know his current situation or anything. While I like giving him the benefit of the doubt, he really has started to push that and is coming off as arrogant/etc, making it harder and harder to support him or feel sorry for his problems.

What a weird argument to make. All Clippers starters are low in minutes because they've been blowing out opponents. Their win margin is 10 points, #1 in the league.

Teams generally collapse when MVP level players are on the bench for a long time though. The fact that CP3 has the best backup PG in the league makes me wonder how much the Clippers would lose if he got injured. They would be far worse, but the fall off from the Thunder without Durant would seem to be significantly greater.

Actually, when you put it this way, that 30 games into the season and somebody is "patently MVP", even when there are multiple players playing at an extremely high level, it is your intelligence that has to be questioned.
I'm talking about overall level of play at this juncture in the season. Conjecturing about players' odds of ultimately netting the MVP is complete folly. CP3 is one slip away from a career-ending injury via knee implosion, which makes the speculation about his chances of being this season's MVP ever more hilarious.

linsivvi

Teams generally collapse when MVP level players are on the bench for a long time though. The fact that CP3 has the best backup PG in the league makes me wonder how much the Clippers would lose if he got injured. They would be far worse, but the fall off from the Thunder without Durant would seem to be significantly greater.

That's purely hypothetical. During their win streak they have many blow out wins where the starters played under 30 minutes. In their first 2 wins against the Jazz he played 38 minutes or so because those games where close. The minute/game argument only works if he stays on the bench even during close games, which is definitely not the case here.

I'm talking about overall level of play at this juncture in the season. Conjecturing about players' odds of ultimately netting the MVP is complete folly. CP3 is one slip away from a career-ending injury via knee implosion, which makes the speculation about his chances of being this season's MVP ever more hilarious.

Yeah let's pretend that other player don't exist. You are hilarious(ly dumb).

Edit: Are you one of Green Shinobi's alt? Must be. Nobody sane would discount LBJ's chance at MVP...

balddemon

Banned
lGE8f.png

Guys, please help me not drink myself to death after this shameful shameful loss :( was for league champ too

rando14

Give us some reasons why you think KD has this MVP thing locked down.

The Clippers went 16-0 in December to join the 1995-96 San Antonio Spurs and 1971-72 Lakers as the only teams to go undefeated over a month. Their franchise-record winning streak is the longest since Boston won 19 in a row four years ago.

Or they just tired of giving it to LeBron like when you know Charles Barkley and Karl Malone won MVP then got raped by MJ in the finals.

whatever, but popularity with the media plays its part. if Kidd hadnt smacked up his wife, hed probably have won a MVP but he got ignored during those Nets years. the one anomaly was the year Iverson won, but who knows how many of those votes were votes against Shaq

whatever, but popularity with the media plays its part. if Kidd hadnt smacked up his wife, hed probably have won a MVP but he got ignored during those Nets years. the one anomaly was the year Iverson won, but who knows how many of those votes were votes against Shaq
lol at the kidd comment.

Sanjuro

Found online, could be useful for some of you smaller market guys or just wanting to get some money off.

Free $20 ScoreBig Credit. Get tickets to sports, concerts, theater, and more for free!
ScoreBig sells tickets for sports, concerts, theater, and other live entertainment events in a similar way to Priceline, in that the users can name their own prices. Right now they have a coupon code SAVE20 to get up to $20 off ANY PURCHASE.

I found a ton of NBA tickets for under $20, some for $10 each, and generally speaking, I found their algorithm to heavily discounted if the event is coming up in the next few days.

http://www.scorebig.com

Use the code SAVE20 at check out to get $20 off anything.

I tried it on a few, doesn't look like I can get it down enough for here. I remember the good old days when StubHub had codes all the time and I would get free tickets for the NY Mest.

Top Bottom