• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season lOT2l It Wasn't Me, It Was Uncle Drew

SoulPlaya

more money than God
haha,how come you have Taj so much?
It's not that I don't like Taj. I just don't like what he represents. Taj Gibson, to me, is another in a long line of Bulls players that became overrated and overvalued by the Bulls organization because he shows "hustle and intensity". The Bulls organization has a bad habit of holding onto players for too long because they see potential in them that just isn't really there. Taj is a capable defensive player that has shown no real offensive development since his rookie year (and he's already 27 years old). Now, instead of trading him for a valuable asset, Taj Gibson will be making close to $10 mil a year because he shows "hustle and intensity".

"Hustle and intensity" is the same reason why this team held onto useless guys like Nocioni and Kirk Hinrich for so long. It's why Deng got a deal that paid him almost $14 mil a year. Now, Taj will be another player getting paid huge dollars to scream while he dunks, miss open jump shots, and dive for useless rebounds all while getting beaten by the Miami Heat. I'm not saying he's a bad player, but Bulls fans have convinced themselves that he could be a starting PF on a championship team, and that's ridiculous. Yes, he plays better defense than Boozer, but he'll never have the career numbers that Boozer has.

giri

Indiana trying really hard to lose this game. Doubt we can help them out.

I think most though the shooting % would drop but Marc playing as passive as his brother was unexpected.

Yeah, when Marc reverts to being pass only, it gets ugly, turn overs happen.

The weird part is, they seem to have stopped running a lot of sets they were earlier in the year. Ones that were working well, so i dont' get the logic there.

They desperately need a starting quality SG though.

It's not that I don't like Taj. I just don't like what he represents. Taj Gibson, to me, is another in a long line of Bulls players that became overrated and overvalued by the Bulls organization because he shows "hustle and intensity". The Bulls organization has a bad habit of holding onto players for too long because they see potential in them that just isn't really there. Taj is a capable defensive player that has shown no real offensive development since his rookie year (and he's already 27 years old). Now, instead of trading him for a valuable asset, Taj Gibson will be making close to $10 mil a year because he shows "hustle and intensity".

"Hustle and intensity" is the same reason why this team held onto useless guys like Nocioni and Kirk Hinrich for so long. It's why Deng got a deal that paid him almost $14 mil a year. Now, Taj will be another player getting paid huge dollars to scream while he dunks, miss open jump shots, and dive for useless rebounds all while getting beaten by the Miami Heat. I'm not saying he's a bad player, but Bulls fans have convinced themselves that he could be a starting PF on a championship team, and that's ridiculous. Yes, he plays better defense than Boozer, but he'll never have the career numbers that Boozer has.

It's a shame that your FO and ownership sucks so much ass. I feel sorry for Rose.

I wonder how often Hollinger has talked to the Grizz's GM so far about trading Gay, lol.

Also, how the Bulls stop the Cats from getting the longest losing streak ever :(

Pimpwerx

Jury summons suck ass.

4 hours of staring at a wall only to be released without even getting to any selection process.

Fuck da knickz

Coulda been worse. You coulda been selected and had to spend 9 miserable days watching a boring-ass Medicare fraud case, like I did. I literally fell asleep in the courtroom multiple times. There's only so many signatures and forms I need to verify before my eyes glaze over. Next time, I'm telling them I'm a racist. PEACE.

giri

They overpaid for Taj, but with the health problems the starting front court has had, they really couldn't afford to let him go with out getting something back. But they should have got a good package if they gave up taj and asik.

And, it was hard for them to trade for melo, because at the time deng was destroying people defensively, and the bulls were on a roll, it would have been a huge gamble for them.

I wonder if they could have landed afflalo for taj or asik. Would have been interesting.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
They overpaid for Taj, but with the health problems the starting front court has had, they really couldn't afford to let him go with out getting something back. But they should have got a good package if they gave up taj and asik.

And, it was hard for them to trade for melo, because at the time deng was destroying people defensively, and the bulls were on a roll, it would have been a huge gamble for them.

I wonder if they could have landed afflalo for taj or asik. Would have been interesting.
The reason why they didn't trade for Melo had nothing to do with Deng. They didn't want to trade Noah. He was "untouchable" to them. The health problems came from Noah, not Boozer. A starting tandem of Taj and Boozer is too small to take you anywhere, anyway.

giri

.500 basketball.

He doesn't even try to score anymore.

Weird part is, when he gets down there on the block, he's making shots and playing well, shooting 73% ... but only at 2.9 attempts per game.

I wonder how often Hollinger has talked to the Grizz's GM so far about trading Gay, lol.

Eh, who for? Rudy has been playing good D this year, and despite his offensive woe's, who are they going to get to replace him?

giri

The reason why they didn't trade for Melo had nothing to do with Deng. They didn't want to trade Noah. He was "untouchable" to them. The health problems came from Noah, not Boozer. A starting tandem of Taj and Boozer is too small to take you anywhere, anyway.

Yeah, and noah was then, and is now, still one of the best centers in the league. But not untouchable.

And boozer had plenty of health problems 2 years ago. he only played 59 games.

That was the season they were starting Kurt Thomas regularly due to noah and boozer being injured all the time.

Yeah, and noah was then, and is now, still one of the best centers in the league. But not untouchable.

That was the season they were starting Kurt Thomas regularly due to noah and boozer being injured all the time.

God it's shameful how bad the center play is in this league now.

giri

He is passing up wide open shots too it incredibly frustrating to watch.

I don't think I've missed a grizz game, and... that's a common trend for the whole team.

It was really bad when ellington couldn't buy a 3 for about 5 games, so he stopped shooting too.

SoulPlaya

more money than God

Boozer broke his hand before the season started two years ago, and he missed time because of that. Noah has been the one dealing with a multitude of health problems since then. I'm not saying Noah should be untouchable. I'm saying that was the dumbass Bulls' organization's mindset. Any Bulls fan will tell you that they are averse to risk taking.

giri

Boozer broke his hand before the season started two years ago, and he missed time because of that. Noah has been the one dealing with a multitude of health problems since then. I'm not saying Noah should be untouchable. I'm saying that was the dumbass Bulls' organization's mindset. Any Bulls fan will tell you that they are averse to risk taking.

OH, i advocated that Melo deal at the time. And still do. And when you see what Asik is now... knowing they had that on the bench....

And i agree the bulls FO is killing their chance at a chip. Ruining the team in many interesting ways.

Maybe him and Royce White can be roomies.

3015033_o.gif

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Vucevic really growing on me and making some great strides. So much polish for a 2nd year big. Still can't play any defense but hes 22 so whatever.

Magic won the deal!

SoulPlaya

more money than God
OH, i advocated that Melo deal at the time. And still do. And when you see what Asik is now... knowing they had that on the bench....

And i agree the bulls FO is killing their chance at a chip. Ruining the team in many interesting ways.
Exactly.

Top Bottom