• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season |OT|Runnin' in da mouf of Serg Abaka daily.

I think Beasley might be the biggest bust of the 2000s other than Darko and Skita. Huge expectations, picked before YNB and Love, has a style of play that makes teams worse. Marvin Williams and Kwame are up there as well but at least they can provide some tangible help to a team whereas Beasley just destroys everything.

Pimpwerx

It's only December, but hopefully everyone sees what I was talking about, when I was pretty much the only one screaming that OKC was gonna still run LAL off the court this offseason. The fact that they might still do it without Harden is even more satisfying.

I said the same thing, and Lake fans just said I was jelly. It's a game of matchups, and I think OKC matches up better. Thunder perimeter offense is best in the league, and Laker's perimeter defense is awful. Dwight and Pau won't be able to overcome the damage done there with their matchups against Perk and Serge. I just don't see how swapping Bynum for Dwight was gonna be some killer, and I don't think Nash is enough of a difference-maker. He's a great PG and shooter, but the spacing with a Dwight/Pau frontcourt is just not that great, and with Nash being one of the primary floor spacers, his handling the ball will tend to diminish the effect. OKC is still the team to beat IMO. I expect Memphis to run into problems when they face playoff defenses and their lack of a superstar is exposed. PEACE.

I think Beasley might be the biggest bust of the 2000s other than Darko and Skita. Huge expectations, picked before YNB and Love, has a style of play that makes teams worse. Marvin Williams and Kwame are up there as well but at least they can provide some tangible help to a team whereas Beasley just destroys everything.

I don't think you can be the biggest bust of the decades when the team that drafted you gives zero shits about it.

Miami was going to conspire and collude their way to the big 3 no matter what.

As for the Lakers...pimp and lark want to act like they are all knowing...but that Lakers team last year came within a few points of taking the advantage of that series with gimp Bynum and Ramon Sessions at the point.

I mean it's impossible to imagine that adding Nash and Dwight to replace those guys couldn't give them an advantage, and honestly I'll believe it when I see it , assuming they are healthy of course.

It's still way too early. A lot of teams look bad right now, even ones with good records.

And to add to this Kobe is playing the best he has in a few years.

The whole thing is really insane to be honest.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

None are as bad as taking Rafael Araújo with the overall 8th pick. Of course, there were no expectations because it was a terrible pick.

I said the same thing, and Lake fans just said I was jelly. It's a game of matchups, and I think OKC matches up better. Thunder perimeter offense is best in the league, and Laker's perimeter defense is awful. Dwight and Pau won't be able to overcome the damage done there with their matchups against Perk and Serge. I just don't see how swapping Bynum for Dwight was gonna be some killer, and I don't think Nash is enough of a difference-maker. He's a great PG and shooter, but the spacing with a Dwight/Pau frontcourt is just not that great, and with Nash being one of the primary floor spacers, his handling the ball will tend to diminish the effect. OKC is still the team to beat IMO. I expect Memphis to run into problems when they face playoff defenses and their lack of a superstar is exposed. PEACE.

I'd worry about making it out of the East if I was Miami.

The Thabeet and Flynn picks still shock me, just based on the tons of info that was out at the time that both of these guys were just not worth it..

I don't think you can be the biggest bust of the decades when the team that drafted you gives zero shits about it.

Miami was going to conspire and collude their way to the big 3 no matter what.

As for the Lakers...pimp and lark want to act like they are all knowing...but that Lakers team last year came within a few points of taking the advantage of that series with gimp Bynum and Ramon Sessions at the point.

I mean it's impossible to imagine that adding Nash and Dwight to replace those guys couldn't give them an advantage, and honestly I'll believe it when I see it , assuming they are healthy of course.

It's still way too early. A lot of teams look bad right now, even ones with good records.

It's not about being all knowing. It's just that, exactl what I said would happen is happening. Lakers were old slow and unathletic last year and its the same story this year. And I think the dantoni pick makes them a lot worse off. At least brown understood they need to walk the ball down the court as much as possible. I feel that them trying to play Dantoni-ball against OKC/LAC/SA/MEM will get them laughed off the court come playoffs.

Like I said though, it's only December, and I know first hand how a team can turn it around within a season. The big difference with us though us that our defense was there day one and at the end of the day we had the best all around player in the league. And wade was a still a top 3 player.

Speaking of all knowing, how bout them Celtics?

Yea no

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

they don't want to hear you though...

is skita slang for Thabeet... cause Thabeet is bumsauce...

None are as bad as taking Rafael Araújo with the overall 8th pick. Of course, there were no expectations because it was a terrible pick.

We benefited from that and I still feel a little mad...like wtf.

His "highlight reel" was grainy as fuck and ESPN went silent...what in the world man.

The Raptors had a hard life.....

etiolate

Banned
Was watching that Sactown stream for the Magic game yesterday and for some weird reason Grant Napear and the other guy were salivating over Big Baby, calling him an asset to the league and how lucky it is Orlando has a player like him. The fuck was that all about.

TRob for BBD

That other guy was Bill Walton.

We play the Spurs today?

oh lawd

350x700px-LL-2cc3b751_uppercutbus.gif

Srsly

Banned
It's a foul on anyone else besides Blake Griffin. If it's Blake Griffin, he should just man up and stop being a whiny bitch.

Puddles

Banned

They're 0-2 against New York this year. One of those losses was without Melo.

I've always said that Melo's peak is higher than Bron's peak, and it looks like he might be putting it together this year.

You add a player who's better than Bron to a team that just beat Bron's team? Knicks in 5.

They're 0-2 against New York this year. One of those losses was without Melo.

I've always said that Melo's peak is higher than Bron's peak, and it looks like he might be putting it together this year.

You add a player who's better than Bron to a team that just beat Bron's team? Knicks in 5.

I'm not watching the clips game

But lawler is so horrible

Western Conference scout on his favorite team to watch:

"The Clippers. They're really the powder-keg team of the league. They're athletic. They're so erratic, though. They can cause so much defensive havoc when they want to, but they can be very unpredictable.

"And, to be honest, I really like watching Ralph (Lawler) call their games."

Nya to you.

lol @ linsivvi's post

I've missed a lot in this thread. (I'm never here no mo') but

No Melo? No difference. This is a no excuses, no nonsense, lunch pail, hard hat, disability check Knicks team, that plays better without Chuckasaurus Rex. Contenders or embarrassing frauds? Tonight, and tonight alone, will decide it all. [Bart Scott]Can't wait![/Bart Scott] PEACE.

is the best shit I have read in a looooong while.

PEACE.

Top Bottom