• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season |OT|Runnin' in da mouf of Serg Abaka daily.

For those who missed it:

Ron Artest is still a colossal waste of space.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jfk629UFw6w

funny that it was serge who ended up walking backwards. not many guys in the league could throw hands at Metta and come out alive....David West, Pekovic, Zbo, Tony Allen, Jax...cant think of too many others. which is a shame cause artest is a goon whose been running wild and unchecked for too many years. fines and suspensions dont mean shit to him, dude needs a taste of his own medicine.

funny that it was serge who ended up walking backwards. not many guys in the league could throw hands at Metta and come out alive....David West, Pekovic, Zbo, Tony Allen, Jax...cant think of too many others. which is a shame cause artest is a goon whose been running wild and unchecked for too many years. fines and suspensions dont mean shit to him, dude needs a taste of his own medicine.

lol...and metta would not last 5 seconds against the raiders backup safety.....NBA tough is a lot like 3am beauty at the bar.

edit: Except Oak....Oak fuck shit up.

lol...and metta would not last 5 seconds against the raiders backup safety.....NBA tough is a lot like 3am beauty at the bar.

edit: Except Oak....Oak fuck shit up.
i give no fucks about how nfl backups compare to metta, im talking bout players on the court and how there's maybe a half dozen of them that would even try to smack him around. we all know the nba is soft, thats why artest runs around like a unchecked bully for a decade

I really hate the pass that the NFL players get because of how big they are and because there sport is contact. The majority of them are charmin soft like every other sport.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I tried to warn y'all about Matt Bonner. JAAAAX and Matt Bonner are bffs.

KingGondo

Banned
5BBE3534-222D-4C64-9593-0A0CA0063528-10259-000005E0EA57BE26.jpg

10EB548C-C8B7-4F03-A4B5-B20467D62086-10259-000005DFCEED01E0.jpg

jack.jpg

Misterhbk

Something tells me Serge is just as soft as any other nba player. He's just big. For some reason I think Artest would lay hands on him. Hell, old ass Sheed could probably do the same.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Lol @ Sheed and B Diddy

The only ones who are 'hard' have mental issues like Ron, others who pretend are just a joke, act like a professional

Ron is legit crazy.

You clearly don't know about Baron though. Dude used to run from cross court to start shit with guys twice his size.

And Sheed is still a urban legend for the shit he did after UNC alumni games
They are all getting old. Where is the next generation?

Gerald Henderson is a goon. I'll never defend the shit he does.

didnt Tony allen get in some shit in chicago for rumbling with some bangers in a bar? the Czs had to deal with death threats on him and all that..
there is no new generation of goons or enforcers, just some outliers like DMC. Its what Stern wanted

Puddles

Banned
I figured lakers would be playing from behind all game. That said the lakers really either played the game to a push or outplayed okc outside of that stretch where Westbrook went off from outsides. Never made 5/6 threes before. Had ynb done it in the paint I wouldn't dismiss it but from outside it's how you want him to play. Sucks to lose but I thought the lakers did okay given he circumstances. Down two main starters on the road and one super hot outside ynb was what won the game for okc. Okc will lose more games playing this style against a healthy laker team

On to the next one.

Yeah, that and a few stupid fastbreaks that led to easy points for OKC.

People like to talk about how Nash won't improve the defense. In the half-court, he won't. But when Nash comes back, we'll still give up fewer points per game, because there won't be so many turnovers for the opponents to score off of. "Points allowed" involves more than just half-court defense. Fuck, if Dwight was a better free throw shooter, that 40 point quarter wouldn't have happened, because Orlando wouldn't have been able to get so many possessions using hardly any time off the clock.

If we could just cut out 3-5 turnovers per game, the Lakers would have won last night, and would have won a few other close games as well.

In short:
Hack-a-Dwight increases opponent scoring because they get more possessions.
Turnovers definitely increase opponent scoring.

One of those should improve with Nash's return. The other... that's up to Dwight.

Puddles

Banned
Best part is Snyder in the back trying not to look at Kobe "advising" Mike Brown. Like a guy that walked in on spousal abuse and just wants to gtfo.

I wonder if Kobe will go straight into coaching when he retires, or if he'll take a few years off to bang white chicks full time.

Also: Blackace, thanks for that three day ban. I would have said something to get permed if I had been allowed to keep going.

Was watching that Sactown stream for the Magic game yesterday and for some weird reason Grant Napear and the other guy were salivating over Big Baby, calling him an asset to the league and how lucky it is Orlando has a player like him. The fuck was that all about.

TRob for BBD

same reason you watch Clippers games even though CP3 will leave that shitpile organization run by a racist fuckstain in the summer to play with Dirk

bitch, bereavement is all you'll be doing come July

after getting swept by the Lakers CP3 will look around him and see Caron Gomes, Dumbandre, Crawful and say ffffffffffuck this shit going to Texas

You just can't handle Dumbandre's improvement, son.

And lol @ anyone being scared of the Fakers.

linsivvi

You just can't handle Dumbandre's improvement, son.

And lol @ anyone being scared of the Fakers.

Considering the Clippers currently hire 4 ex-Lakers players, I think it's safe to say that the Clippers are the real Fakers.

Edit: 5 if you count basketball reason.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
If OJ Mayo keeps up his .47/.51 shooting, I'll be utterly stunned.

It's been 20 games. After a while, statistically, you can start establishing a trend.

His last ten games are more indicative of what I think he will the rest of this season:

18.7PPG, 47FG%, 42 3PT%, 81FT%

Which, for him, are amazing numbers, too.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
It seems like the Suns are ready to put Tucker in the starting lineup instead of Michael Beasley, who is shooting 37 percent this season and has a cumulative league-worst plus-minus ratio of a minus-136 points.

“Maybe him coming in with the second unit and having a little bit more freedom will help too,” Suns coach Alvin Gentry said Friday. “But we have to find some kind of way to get this thing where it’s right and we’re consistent in what we’re doing.”

Even without Tucker, the Suns could still move Beasley to the bench and move Jared Dudley to the starting lineup in his more natural small forward role that is better for him defensively.

I don't like plus/minus, but still. Maybe one day, Mike.

Top Bottom