• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season |OT|Runnin' in da mouf of Serg Abaka daily.

Fox318

Imagine if Kobe was supporting bad coaches to start with and then helping them get fired when it becomes obvious they are bad to just keep the seat open until he retires. We all know he is just devious & cutthroat enough to do it...

u1HtH.gif

Its true

Cipherr

Remember when the Lakers getting Dwight effectively dethroned the Thunder as the best in the West?

lololololololololool

Looking back on that now IS pretty damn humorous. Lakers will probably pull shit together and make the playoffs, but its not likely going to be the kind of season a lot of people expected.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Looking back on that now IS pretty damn humorous. Lakers will probably pull shit together and make the playoffs, but its not likely going to be the kind of season a lot of people expected.
This may be the easiest road to a repeat ever.

And no Syphon, not the Knicks.

Fox318

Probably more like:

ibpJRxsbUaS8g1.gif

Kobe: "See Mike I told you to go over there and bring back the Gatorade for the guys"
Mike" "But I did bring the Gatorade"
Kobe: "You brought Blue Blast. I told you we only drink Lemon-Lime."
Mike: "Damn you right Mamba. You right."

Kobe:"Alright Mike I think with me out we need to pass the ball down low to Bynum and.."
Mike:"Pass it to Kobe!!!"
Kobe:Mike, I'm here and can't play.
Mike: "Pass it to LeBron!!"

MPW

another 2nd round exit

if i was phil jackson, i would be in the crowd just to LOL

Karakand

You're gonna blame Dantoni for something they haven't being doing since the start of the season?

I don't understand what you're saying, so I'll restate my earlier post.

Before D'Antoni - 0 games where an opponent scored 40 points or more in a quarter
After D'Antoni - 3 games where an opponent scored 40 points or more in a quarter

Might be wrong, but I think this is in the exact same sample size (10 games) too.

I don't understand what you're saying, so I'll restate my earlier post.

Before D'Antoni - 0 games where an opponent scored 40 points or more in a quarter
After D'Antoni - 3 games where an opponent scored 40 points or more in a quarter

Might be wrong, but I think this is in the exact same sample size (10 games) too.

Teams didn't score 40 because the lakers played slow as shit. Lakers also never scored over what 35 with brown except the Detroit game. They've done it now.

Ynb made 5/6 3s to start the game and barely scored in the paint. If he's going to make 18 feet and out plus so be it. You have to live with that. More often than not okc loses. Tonight he got hot. You shake your head and move on.

Can someone explain to me why people are salivating at the thought of trading Pau for Bargnani? Admittedly I've only watched Bargnani play a couple of times but the guy can't play defense so would make a poor defensive team already worse, has a terrible .44 shooting rate for his career as a PF and has only .365 from 3 for his career and .296 last season yet people are calling him a legit 3 point thread. What?

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Durant: 26.5PPG, 16.6FGA
Westbrook: 20.9PPG, 17.9FGA

/trollface

SamuraiX-

Also lil rivers dropping 15 tonight. And an impressive block on rudy gay. Not near a superstar but this kid's doing work.

Nothing quite says "doing work" like averaging 28% from the field, 32% from 3, and half as many turnovers as assists on the season.

Cloudy

Banned
Durant guarded Kobe a lot. Also not sure who the third guy you speak of. Yeah Nash will help with ynb playing defense. He ignored Duhon out there.

Durant guarded Kobe when the game was out of hand hoping to have a nice play to give him some defensive cred.

And Ibaka is the 3rd guy. He sonned Pau in the playoffs and he's just to big for Jamison. However, Jamison can pull him away from the paint...

Cloudy

Banned
Can someone explain to me why people are salivating at the thought of trading Pau for Bargnani? Admittedly I've only watched Bargnani play a couple of times but the guy can't play defense so would make a poor defensive team already worse, has a terrible .44 shooting rate for his career as a PF and has only .365 from 3 for his career and .296 last season yet people are calling him a legit 3 point thread. What?

Bargs would fit this team better but neither of them can solve our real problem. We need you athletes

PS: Pau is shooting 42%. They are both abysmal this year but Bargnani could be a good #3 option cos he doesn't need the ball in the post

Cloudy

Banned
http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-lakers-fyi-20121208,0,5030264.story

The Lakers are debating whether to bring Pau Gasol off the bench when he returns from knee tendinitis, said a person familiar with the team's thinking.

Gasol has struggled mightily this season, averaging 12.6 points and shooting only 42%, both career lows.

The Lakers are trying to decide how a demotion to the bench would affect Gasol. If they determined it would be adverse, they'd keep him in the starting lineup.

More in link. I understand it's a delicate thing for a starter to be benched but the spacing is just better with Dwight and Pau separated. You'd think how it affects the team's performance would be the #1 consideration here not Pau's feelings

PS: I told you all this had to happen weeks ago but I was mocked. If Mike Brown had a clue, he'd have done this as well. Twin towers system won't work with scoring bigs unless they are interchangeable at PF and C so they can take turns posting and shooting jumpers. If not, one guy is going to get the shaft offensively..

linsivvi

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-lakers-fyi-20121208,0,5030264.story

More in link. I understand it's a delicate thing for a starter to be benched but the spacing is just better with Dwight and Pau separated. You'd think how it affects the team's performance would be the #1 consideration here not Pau's feelings

PS: I told you all this had to happen weeks ago but I was mocked. If Mike Brown had a clue, he'd have done this as well. Twin towers system won't work with scoring bigs unless they are interchangeable at PF and C so they can take turns posting and shooting jumpers. If not, one guy is going to get the shaft offensively..

You were mocked because you've been saying this for a few seasons, even back when Gasol was a better player than Bynum and the Lakers were winning because they had 2 effective big men playing defense.

It's only December, but hopefully everyone sees what I was talking about, when I was pretty much the only one screaming that OKC was gonna still run LAL off the court this offseason. The fact that they might still do it without Harden is even more satisfying.

Cloudy

Banned
You were mocked because you've been saying this for a few seasons, even back when Gasol was a better player than Bynum and the Lakers were winning because they had 2 effective big men playing defense.

The Lakers won 2 rings with Odom playing the majority of the playoff minutes next to Pau. Bynum was just along for the ride in those playoff runs. In 2008, Bynum didn't even play in the playoffs and they made it to the Finals

Bynum and Gasol combo helping LA win 2 rings is a myth!

Emwitus

I'd rather stick it out with pau than trade for that shot chucker...batman know's we have enough of that from kome.

The Lakers won 2 rings with Odom playing the majority of the playoff minutes next to Pau. Bynum was just along for the ride in those playoff runs. In 2008, Bynum didn't even play in the playoffs and they made it to the Finals

So what your saying is pau helped us win 2 rings with a broken Bynum and inconsistent lamar?

EDIT:Ditto on the bench move. But not for Jamison...he got killed tonight vs Okc. Maybe jordan hill.

Cloudy

Banned
I like Pau off the bench better than trading for Bargnani. After helping us get 2 rings, it'd be really sad to ship him off to the Raptors. He doesn't deserve that lol

If you actually bothered to look at the stats, the Odom-Bynum combo was the problem in the playoffs. Gasol-Odom combo was best but Pau-Bynum was next.

Also, during the regular season, the Bynum-Pau combo was the best by a lot. Of course, injuries hurt Andrew for the playoffs. In addition, Bynum allowed Pau not to have to bang against Cs all season and playoffs long, which helped a lot.

Cloudy

Banned
So what your saying is pau helped us win 2 rings with a broken Bynum and inconsistent lamar?

I'm saying it was a Pau/Lamar combo. Bynum chipped in here and there

If you actually bothered to look at the stats, the Odom-Bynum combo was the problem in the playoffs.

Not in 2009 and 2010, it wasn't...

Emwitus

Also, any move that get's our starting 5 older isn't a good one...IMO. I'm not a fan of jamison in the starting line up at all.

linsivvi

I'm saying it was a Pau/Lamar combo. Bynum chipped in here and there

Not in 2009 and 2010, it wasn't...

But you were advocating benching Pau, not Bynum, so how does Pau/Odom being the best combo helps your argument? Since both the best and second best combo involved Pau, you can't say you were right for wanting him benched.

Also, Pau can't bang with centers as a full time job. Bynum playing center helped a lot or he would have declined even faster.

As for this season, let's wait until both him and Nash are healthy before passing judgement. Nash wants to play with him and who are we to doubt him now?

Cloudy

Banned
Also, any move that get's our starting 5 older isn't a good one...IMO. I'm not a fan of jamison in the starting line up at all.

He is a better fit with Kobe and Howard than Pau. The starting lineup is just too unbalanced with Pau out there. Jamison doesn't need touches and he spreads the floor for Kobe and Dwight. You may not be a fan of him starting but Jamison has been our 3rd best player this season and it's not close. He deserves to start..

linsivvi

He is a better fit with Kobe and Howard than Pau. The starting lineup is just too unbalanced with Pau out there. Jamison doesn't need touches and he spreads the floor for Kobe and Dwight. You may not be a fan of him starting but Jamison has been our 3rd best player this season and it's not close. He deserves to start..

Jamison is too old to play at a consistent and high level for a full season. He should be the 6th man no doubt. He's not as good a rebounder as Pau even at his declined state and he's definitely not even close as a passer.

You can get by starting him for a short period of time. If you rely on him playing heavy minutes he won't play like this in April.

Cloudy

Banned
But you were advocating benching Pau, not Bynum, so how does Pau/Odom being the best combo helps your argument? Since both the best and second best combo involved Pau, you can't say you were right for wanting him benched.

Also, Pau can't bang with centers as a full time job. Bynum playing center helped a lot or he would have declined even faster.

As for this season, let's wait until both him and Nash are healthy before passing judgement. Nash wants to play with him and who are we to doubt him now?

- Not true. I said either one of them had to be benched just to separate them. I actually wanted Bynum traded for his selfish play!

- Pau better learn how to bang with centers because he is a poor PF in today's NBA (so-so jumper and no footspeed) . KG, Bosh and Duncan are playing C. I don't see why Pau can't do it fulltime

- Nash can't help Pau make long-range jumpers and rotate faster on defense. He just doesn't fit with Howard and I don't see him starting again unless Jamison gets hurt

Westlo

- Pau better learn how to bang with centers because he is a poor PF in today's NBA (so-so jumper and no footspeed) . KG, Bosh and Duncan are playing C. I don't see why Pau can't do it fulltime.

You want a backup center for Howard to be earning over 20 million a season? L O L

Top Bottom