• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season |OT|Runnin' in da mouf of Serg Abaka daily.

giri

Could you imagine if the Lakers were a lottery team next year...

Funny part is. they couldn't even trade kobe away next year if they were still this bad, and dwight ends up signing elsewhere.

He'd be stuck.

30Mil or w/e the fucking absurd amount of money he's getting paid.

Utah puts 60 up on the Lakers?

Cloudy

Banned
Funny part is. they couldn't even trade kobe away next year if they were still this bad, and dwight ends up signing elsewhere.

He'd be stuck.

You act like Kobe's not earning his pay and then some. The only thing worse than sucking is sucking w/o a player folks want to watch...

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

He'd be stuck.

If he waives his no trade clause

If things got too I could see them shutting down Kobe and tanking out the rest of the season

Actually Konex is right on this one. From a revenue standpoint, Kobe is worth more than $30 million to the Lakers as a business. As far as on the court, he is clearly worth a max contract, whether that be a $20 million max or a $30 million max is irrelevant. It's not like they'd be under the cap if he took a pay cut.

Canuck76

Banned

If things got too I could see them shutting down Kobe and tanking out the rest of the season

Haven't they traded all their 1st round picks though? Phx has one at least of theirs in the future. And your not tanking top 10 with the NBA's best that make tanking an art

giri

You act like Kobe's not earning his pay and then some. The only thing worse than sucking is sucking w/o a player folks want to watch...

Look, he probably brings that in, in income. But i'm not sure he's playing like a guy who is worth it on the court.

Yeah. But i meant, they couldn't even do him a "thanks for being here, we suck now, we'll trade you to a contender so you can maybe win another chip" trade.

Cause.

$30M.

What "contending" team has 30M in bad contracts. Even NY only has 20M.

He absolutely is worth a max contract, and a max contract for a guy that is in his 17th year is much higher than a max for a guy who is coming off his rookie deal. That's the nature of the game. Same thing will probably happen to guys like LeBron and Dwight when they hit their 30s. Guys get paid for what they dud not what they will do. When LeBron is 35 he will probably be making $25-30 million a year and won't be nearly as good as he is now.

giri

He absolutely is worth a max contract, and a max contract for a guy that is in his 17th year is much higher than a max for a guy who is coming off his rookie deal. That's the nature of the game. Same thing will probably happen to guys like LeBron and Dwight when they hit their 30s. Guys get paid for what they dud not what they will do. When LeBron is 35 he will probably be making $25-30 million a year and won't be nearly as good as he is now.

I'm not saying he's not worth a max.

He's not worth $30M when the "cap" is set around 60M. I don't think anyone is really worth 30M.

I don't disagree with your post, i just don't see that he's worth THAT much. And not just him. No One. The last person who probably was, was prime shaq.

I'm not saying he's not worth a max.

He's not worth $30M when the "cap" is set around 60M. I don't think anyone is really worth 30M.

I don't disagree with your post, i just don't see that he's worth THAT much. And not just him. No One. The last person who probably was, was prime shaq.

If fucking Zack Greinke can get damn near 25 million, Kobe is worth 30 easily.

Top Bottom