• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season |OT|Runnin' in da mouf of Serg Abaka daily.

Ah, the infamous "D'Antoni doesn't work on D" speech. Isn't that why for years in the D'Antoni reign I've said Knicks have to get guys who play D and assistants who coach it because Mike doesn't care too much about it?

Last 2 years Knicks got:
Woodson, a known defensive coach as an assistant
Shumpert, a good player on D
Chandler, Key Defensive cog for Dallas

Same thing Lakers-GAF. You need to bring in role guys who'll play D.
Is there any other over-rated former coach of the year that the Lakers can hire and overpay? How about Sam Mitchell?
The Smitch? Oh now you're just being mean.

Laker Smitch would be a dream come true. I was just thinking how I wish the Raptors never got rid of that guy. Sure, he didn't understand NBA Xs & Os and liked to go golfing on days before playoff games instead of preparing, but on the plus side, he beat up his own players and was generally hilarious.

Also, COTY on a team with Bargnani on it.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

I told Laker-age they weren't about that winning life once they brought D'antoni in. Now they are starting to understand why

Ah, the infamous "D'Antoni doesn't work on D" speech. Isn't that why for years in the D'Antoni reign I've said Knicks have to get guys who play D and assistants who coach it because Mike doesn't care too much about it?

Last 2 years Knicks got:
Woodson, a known defensive coach as an assistant
Shumpert, a good player on D
Chandler, Key Defensive cog for Dallas

Same thing Lakers-GAF. You need to bring in role guys who'll play D.

The Smitch? Oh now you're just being mean.

Keep in mind that seems to have been a plan to get players to put under Woodson and around Melo and Amare. The Lakers need to keep Dwight and rebuild around him once the contracts of their aging stars expire. But that is 2-4 seasons away.

Branduil

Lakers want some of this.

io1sFu9TFgPP3.jpg

To defeat the hack-a-shaq you must become the hack-a-shaq.

Everyone said lakers had to be healthy to be good. They're not healthy and not good.

Not sure why everyone is so shocked what we all said was true. No reason to bother blaming any coach right now. Should they ha e beaten the cabs? Yeah. But they're not at a point to rely on it.

Build a top heavy team you need the stars to be playing.

linsivvi

What did magic say about D'antoni?

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8738145/magic-johnson-says-los-angeles-lakers-need-better-utilize-pau-gasol

"When Gasol was on that (low) block, he averaged 18 points, he shot 53 percent from the field and he still is the best passing big man in the game," Johnson said Tuesday, shortly after introducing Greinke at a news conference at Dodger Stadium. "But you have him at the free-throw line? That makes no sense. That's not his game.

"His game is to catch it on the low block, face his man, one dribble left or right. He's got great moves. But now all the blame is on his shoulders, like he's not performing well? He can't take that. That's not who he is.

"They've got to put him in a winning situation, because once Gasol starts to play well, I think the team will start to play well. Then you come in with Steve Nash. But you've got to get Gasol going. Gasol, to me, is the key to this whole thing. If you continue to have him at the 3-point line, he's not going to perform well."

"I've gotta adjust my system a little bit if I'm the coach. That's all," Johnson said. "His system doesn't fit the talent that the Lakers have. You can't run with this team. Who are the runners? You've got one guy who can get up and down the court and that's Kobe (Bryant).

"Ron (Metta World Peace)? Love him, but he's slow. Both our big men are not fast guys. So we gotta say, 'Maybe I should scale it back. I run, if the basket is there, we take it.' Just like us in 'Showtime,' we ran and if we got the layup, good. If not, Kareem (Abdul-Jabbar), come here, bail us out. That's what you do. That's basketball."

"What he needs to do is say, 'Look, I have a certain philosophy but I don't have the type of players to play that scheme and that system. But I do have two of the best seven-footers in the game.'"

AHAHAHHAHAH look no further than NY when people asked to adjust his philosophy to the players he had. He's stubborn as shit, he'll never do it. Or he'll do a "halfway" thing where it won't work but then throw the players under the bus.

Look, Carmelo Anthony had baggage and blood. He also was not liked much back then... but if he even tries to take on Kobe Bryant/Gasol, I will laugh my fucking ass off at the fallout.

Magic was a great coach, analyst, and tv host.

Tbf, he has been shitting on him since day 1. Magic has gotten annoying constantly calling for the team to be blown up since two years ago.

I still believe coaches don't matter outside of rotations and I've been fine with the. Under mda. I have no idea what he or Phil could do about the tos or fts and that's the problem.

SamuraiX-

Magic needs to stfu.

Lakers hire D'Antoni knowing fully well what type of system he runs and has ALWAYS run and you expect him to just change it and try something new? That's not why you hired him. You hired him because of previous success based with the system that he has ALWAYS RUN.

Also smfh @ "two best 7-footers in the game"

linsivvi

Magic was a great coach, analyst, and tv host.

Tbf, he has been shitting on him since day 1. Magic has gotten annoying constantly calling for the team to be blown up since two years ago.

I still believe coaches don't matter outside of rotations and I've been fine with the. Under mda. I have no idea what he or Phil could do about the tos or fts and that's the problem.

Maybe you could try contradicting his points instead of mocking him.

Coaches don't matter? What?

Maybe not you, but most people here also acknowledged that both Pringles and Mike Brown are shitty coaches seasons ago.

Because Barnes shit the bed in the playoffs for two straight seasons.

Minimum salary.

Magic needs to stfu.

Lakers hire D'Antoni knowing fully well what type of system he runs and has ALWAYS run and you expect him to just change it and try something new? That's not why you hired him. You hired him because of previous success based with the system that he has ALWAYS RUN.

Also smfh @ "two best 7-footers in the game"

Dwight is 6'10 and a half in shoes which makes it fairly impossible to start an argument involving that.

Cloudy

Banned
Because Barnes shit the bed in the playoffs for two straight seasons.

He was always a reliable guy off the bench when healthy and he makes peanuts in NBA money. Seems like they decided not to re-sign him right after the police altercation. Big mistake cos he's better than anyone on our bench (and a few of the starters) right now..

Maybe you could try contradicting his points instead of mocking him.

Coaches don't matter? What?

Maybe not you, but most people here also acknowledged that both Pringles and Mike Brown are shitty coaches seasons ago.

Minimum salary.

Magic said Howard can't run. He's probably the best center in the game for running. He's wrong there. That's enough for me to prove my point.

The triangle would have put the ball into Dwight's hands a lot which has proven to be disastrous at times. Dude turns it over a lot one on one. And is fear Nash becomes Payton II

Pau is floating at the ft line when playing without Howard but hiward doesnt do that. This is on pau. He should be in the paint is just isn't going there not course he's hurt and was getting blocked at the rim a lot regardless.

Until the lakers cut down on tos none of this matters. And without Nash I don't see how this is possible regardless of coach.

It's pointless to point out the lakers sucking when we all agreed they're top heavy and missing two of the four while one playing isn't even fully recovered yet.

It's stupid to complain.

Top Bottom