• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season |OT|Runnin' in da mouf of Serg Abaka daily.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Chalmers shot 34.5% avg before Bron ever steped foot there.

And...yea we know Melo takes bad shots sometimes, that's on him.

Come on man even before Lebron and Bosh nobody was paying attention to Chalmers as a threat from the 3pt line. In fact you could using those same numbers to argue that his 3pt shooting was getting worse until Lebron and Bosh came to open it up for him.

Knicks will come back to Earth once Amare returns.

Will be 2nd to LA disaster for entertainment

Even if Amare messed the chemistry BADLY I bet Philly would take him and give the knicks Bynum's expiring and a shit load of picks....

Amare is the type of problem the majority of teams in the league wished they had

giri

09 Magic is arguably the best three point shooting team of all-time

2009 - 2010
Suns .412
Magic .375

2008 - 2009
Suns .383
Magic .381

In fact, that suns team in 09 - 10 was the only team in years to finish over .400 You have to go back quite a way to find the next team do it.

the next closest?

00-01 Spurs .407

03-04 Kings .401

Then
06-07 & 05-06 Suns at .399

Knicks will come back to Earth once Amare returns.

Will be 2nd to Lakers disaster for entertainment

lol you always like when a team fails. Amare will be off the bench at least initially to ease in. Lets wait and see because i remember woodson getting him to play defense last time.

Zeus Molecules

Why would they do that ? From my understanding, they want a c that can play inside out.

I brought this up before but

1) the wanted Amare before they took Bynum
2) would you rather say you turned Iggy into Amare for 2 and a half seasons or Bynum who you might let walk or he breaks down year 1 in his four year Max deal?

Knicks do the deal obviously for the expiring and thats only if he ruins everything like his last name was Kahn

Smokey

Even if Amare messed the chemistry BADLY I bet Philly would take him and give the knicks Bynum's expiring and a shit load of picks....

Amare is the type of problem the majority of teams in the league wished they had

A 100 million dollar contract, the worst defensive big in the game, and non insured knees?

Don't think so

And you think a team would give up draft picks for that? lolno

Come on man even before Lebron and Bosh nobody was paying attention to Chalmers as a threat from the 3pt line. In fact you could using those same numbers to argue that his 3pt shooting was getting worse until Lebron and Bosh came to open it up for him.

1. why the fuck would we do that?

2. we don't have any picks to give out for like the next 5 years

3. lol.

4. You cray.

2009 - 2010
Suns .412
Magic .375

2008 - 2009
Suns .383
Magic .381

In fact, that suns team in 09 - 10 was the only team in years to finish over .400 You have to go back quite a way to find the next team do it.

the next closest?

00-01 Spurs .407

03-04 Kings .401

Then
06-07 & 05-06 Suns at .399

right as I made the post I thought the Suns teams might have been better but I was too lazy to check

giri

C

Didn't you complain earlier about being called out for terrible posting?

Yeah. You shouldn't complain about it.

right as I made the post I thought the Suns teams might have been better but I was too lazy to check

That suns team was nuts, had 5 guys over .400 or something stupid.

FWIW, the years when they ran that 3pt offense down there, ORL were regularly a top 5 team. Suns were about the only ones to regularly beat them.

I can't be bothered to go back and check, but you had teams like Boston on there, but i think they would have taken much fewer attempts so i think it would be fair to say that the magic were one of the 3 best for a 4 /5 year period there.

Zeus Molecules

Chalmer's numbers don't count...alright.

glad you finally admitted it

A 100 million dollar contract, the worst defensive big in the game, and non insured knees?

Don't think so

have you seen the state of the bigs this year? Pau for Bargani is a talked about thing... let that set in

1. why the fuck would we do that?

2. we don't have any picks to give out for like the next 5 years

3. lol.

4. You cray.

wow I didn't know you had no picks to move bynum.... fuck you guys screwed the pooch huh

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Chalmer's numbers don't count...alright.

Chalmers looked like a wasted pick for a while. He still does... only time he looks decent is when the rest of his team gives a fuck.
See, ironically this is what you do. I get it, outside of Gaf you're crumbs. But why all the hate? Make you feel better?

So are you commonsenseforthepeople now? First you want me to check myself for reading what was literally written and reported, then you want me to stop calling out jdez for posting like he's trying to send a secret message to China.

I don't know what you want me to do commonsense

and what in the fuck are crumbs lol

Smokey

have you seen the state of the bigs this year? Pau for Bargani is a talked about thing... let that set in

those two players can actually play even if they are vaginas. They also don't have a 100 million dollar contract and knees that are not insured. At this point nobody would give up draft picks for that dude, that's being delusional.

Zeus Molecules

Didn't you complain earlier about being called out for terrible posting?

Yeah. You shouldn't complain about it.

hey man I remember being shitted on for defending sheed and kidd this off season. For saying Felton wouldn't be a bum, and the knicks will win... why stop now?

Amare isn't demanding to start and the second unit could use some oomph

Boozer Magazine. The Editor-in-Chief is saying that the source wishes to remain anonymous.

Going to side with bullshit here. I don't think Taj could win a spelling bee but no way he played D1 and couldn't atleast fake some competency. Now I know some real, real dumb people, like Antonio Gates....and even his bozo ass could read.

DY_nasty

hey man I remember being shitted on for defending sheed and kidd this off season. For saying Felton wouldn't be a bum, and the knicks will win... why stop now?

Sheed is effectively worthless and Kidd still has to survive 50+ games.

And again, Felton is exactly what people described - an idiot.

giri

those two players can actually play even if they are vaginas. They also don't have a 100 million dollar contract and knees that are not insured. At this point nobody would give up draft picks for that dude, that's being delusional.

(Shhhh, don't tell anyone, Pau makes the same as Amare)

just one year less left on his contract

Amare isn't demanding to start and the second unit could use some oomph

You quite literally don't know the history of that contract and amare's medical problems if you're making statements like that. It shows a fundamental lack of knowledge. Too much to sum up in under 200 words.

The only hope you have of shifting Amares contract is if he comes back and starts putting up numbers. Thats it. If he comes back and plays like he did to start last year? Enjoy paying $60M to a spectator.

Smokey

Sheed is effectively worthless and Kidd still has to survive 50+ games.

And again, Felton is exactly what people described - an idiot.

Nowell: Fiction. Felton's not as bad as many Portland fans would believe, but for whatever renaissance he might be enjoying after last season's catastrophe, he's still got 375 points on 372 shots this season. Lin's the better player.

DY da prophet

DY da prophet
Cavan: Fact. As someone with skin in saying otherwise, it's time all of Knicks Knation come to terms with Felton being the better fit for New York's win-now model. Ray's solid perimeter D, ability to get to the rim and fast-blossoming chemistry with Tyson Chandler are pretty much where the Knicks need them to be.

Chau: Fact, though player comparisons like these rely on circumstance. Felton, as motivated as he's been since his last stint in New York, is a perfect fit for the framework in play for the Knicks. In that sense, he is better than Lin, who is still finding his way on a team he can't truly call his own.

Pina: Fact. Based on almost every statistical metric used to measure a basketball player's offensive impact, Felton is blatantly outplaying Lin right now. He's also leading one of basketball's finest offenses with confidence and sound decision-making -- so much so that it almost feels like those disappointing career detours to Denver and Portland never happened.

Windhorst: Fact. He's a more polished and experienced point guard. It isn't totally fair to compare point guards when one of them has eight years of experience and one of them basically has a year of experience. Down the line, Lin could develop his skills more and get a better handle on the position. Today, however, that is not the case.
oh snap.

DY_nasty

Keep hope alive, Adam
Eric Gordon will finish his last rehabilitation work in Los Angeles this week and will then head back to New Orleans to be re-evaluated by the Hornets.

Gordon, who hasn't played this season due to a knee injury, posted on Twitter Monday that he's excited to be around the Hornets again.

Monty Williams believes the Hornets will find out this weekend how close Gordon is to returning.

"I haven't seen him in a couple of weeks, so we'll find out this weekend,'' Williams said.

Cavan: Fact. As someone with skin in saying otherwise, it's time all of Knicks Knation come to terms with Felton being the better fit for New York's win-now model. Ray's solid perimeter D, ability to get to the rim and fast-blossoming chemistry with Tyson Chandler are pretty much where the Knicks need them to be.

Chau: Fact, though player comparisons like these rely on circumstance. Felton, as motivated as he's been since his last stint in New York, is a perfect fit for the framework in play for the Knicks. In that sense, he is better than Lin, who is still finding his way on a team he can't truly call his own.

Pina: Fact. Based on almost every statistical metric used to measure a basketball player's offensive impact, Felton is blatantly outplaying Lin right now. He's also leading one of basketball's finest offenses with confidence and sound decision-making -- so much so that it almost feels like those disappointing career detours to Denver and Portland never happened.

Windhorst: Fact. He's a more polished and experienced point guard. It isn't totally fair to compare point guards when one of them has eight years of experience and one of them basically has a year of experience. Down the line, Lin could develop his skills more and get a better handle on the position. Today, however, that is not the case.
Do you want me to recruit me from Lakers-age? Is that what this is?

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
This Orlando team is teeerrrible, no wonder Red Blaster is ang- wait no, he was always angry.

Contractually, if Amare Stoudemire somehow made this Knicks team worse, would the Knicks have to play him enough for his detrimental effect on the basketball court to continue?

I can't see the Knicks suddenly losing 10 games straight when he comes back. I'd imagine they'd refrain from playing him.

...but this assumes the clearly realistic scenario of Kurt Thomas x Rasheed Wallace x Chris Copeland >>> Stoudemire being true, which of course is fucking absurd, you clowns.

Anyway, MAIN EVENT TIME. Haters, grab your junk and pray to Lin, the Beard and Parsons!

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I'm not hating. He's good people but my man isn't a bookie. Remember the RB from the movie the program that threw out big words? That's AG.
Yeah, I think everyone realizes that Taj Gibson is an idiot.

You want to know who's a true scholar, though? This guy.

carlos-boozer.jpg

Let that sink in for a sec
Yes, 4-5 terrible games due to no Carmelo and thinking he can score 40. We all know this about Felton. He's also playing hurt, but he at least ins't making the crazy turnovers he used to. Let this sink in:
Based on almost every statistical metric used to measure a basketball player's offensive impact, Felton is blatantly outplaying Lin right now.
You zagnut.

Chalmers looked like a wasted pick for a while. He still does... only time he looks decent is when the rest of his team gives a fuck.

So are you commonsenseforthepeople now? First you want me to check myself for reading what was literally written and reported, then you want me to stop calling out jdez for posting like he's trying to send a secret message to China.

I don't know what you want me to do commonsense

and what in the fuck are crumbs lol

I'd personally wish you'd stop Skip Bayless style acting like your word is gospel, that's all.

Man I just went SAS...where are my cheeze doodles and my current list of best teams to front run?

"Kobe, do you like to make buckets?"

Top Bottom