• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season |OT|Runnin' in da mouf of Serg Abaka daily.

Jdez15

Banned
I think he just took out 3 of the best players in the league?
IrvingWow2.gif

giri

I was really only wrong about The Knicks not being good this year, and it was pretty popular during the offseason.

I knew Lin was an average starter
I knew fields was bootyhole
I knew Amare would miss a big portion of this offseason
I know it'll be tricky to work Amare back in, not impossible but NY has the option to sit him like The Jazz are doing to Raja Bell.

and I know NY will come back down to earth when their shooting cools off, just a matter of when. Knowing the knicks it'll probably be during the playoffs.
What happens when the lakers go back to being 25th in the league in 3pt % instead of 7th?

giri

Uh...they'll be worse?

I'm nowhere near confident that Meeks, Darius fucking Morris or Chris fucking Duhon can maintain competence.

(No, but you do have Nash coming back)

I really hope for the lakers sake they start posting Pau when Nash comes back.

Or do something odd like have Pau play with the bench so he can just post up all day, and run Jamison at the 4, letting Nash and Dwight PnR as the starters.

I know people hate on Mike D, but he's not that bad a coach really. Pretty smart guy.

linsivvi

What happens when the lakers go back to being 25th in the league in 3pt % instead of 7th?

Nash
Duhon shot 42% last season.
Meeks 37% last season.

You know better than anyone that there will be plenty of 3s under Pringles.

The problem is that they will give up a lot more points under his system too.

I was really only wrong about The Knicks not being good this year, and it was pretty popular during the offseason.

I knew Lin was an average starter
I knew fields was bootyhole
I knew Amare would miss a big portion of this offseason
I know it'll be tricky to work Amare back in, not impossible but NY has the option to sit him like The Jazz are doing to Raja Bell.

and I know NY will come back down to earth when their shooting cools off, just a matter of when. Knowing the knicks it'll probably be during the playoffs.

lol you are always negative against the knicks. They are good and credit need to finally be given. Our shooting is good because most of the guys can shoot. If it doesn't work they can go inside especially with amare coming back. They haven't even play the defense and ball movement that we know they can do.I bet we will see that in the playoffs.

Hopefully they can keep that undefeated record at home alive.

not only that but we got embarassed by the rockets the first time. need revenge, so theres extra motivation to win at home.

Man i don't got a good feeling about this one....

yeah this is gonna be tough. but forget lin, tonight will begin copesanity. dude is gonna drop 30+ and jr smith gonna go off.

If they actually care they will win. we will see with the defense tonight.

very much this.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I know how we can get rid of neocavs.

Just tell then Rubio is better than Irving. I'm sure one of them will call him euro trash again.

I mean both of them look like they could be future All-Stars before they move to marquee teams. If anything the discussion should be where they end up after they grow tired of not making the playoffs.

linsivvi

I know how we can get rid of neocavs.

Just tell then Rubio is better than Irving. I'm sure one of them will call him euro trash again.

Why we still got neocavs?

I mean both of them look like they could be future All-Stars before they move to marquee teams. If anything the discussion should be where they end up after they grow tired of not making the playoffs.

You don't think the Wolves, if healthy, can make the playoffs?

Irving, on the other hand, will leave the comic sans the moment he can.

If you were better at posting, some Wolves fan would probably save this post for when they get more playoff wins this year than the Knicks got over the previous ten.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I love busting peoples balls on here about Irving because half of them truly believed Irving would have been a bust.

?

Pretty sure most declared him an injury prone notasgoodasrubio but hey whatever keeps your teeth white.

Jdez15

Banned
Speak for yourself. Just because neocavs don't hang around here during the playoffs doesn't mean the rest of us won't be here.

Hey we are in a rebuilding stage, you can't just be a playoff team after losing the best player in the league. We will be back.

lol you are always negative against the knicks. They are good and credit need to finally be given. Our shooting is good because most of the guys can shoot. If it doesn't work they can go inside especially with amare coming back. They haven't even play the defense and ball movement that we know they can do.I bet we will see that in the playoffs.

They are playing well, I've said as much.

I don't think its reasonable to expect Melo to continue to shoot 12% higher than his average from 3, for Felt to shoot 7% over his average from 3, Brewer to shoot 8% over his average from 3 and Kidd to shoot 11% over his average from 3(I'm being generous and only counting the years where he was a good 3% shooter 04 and on).

Jdez15

Banned

I don't think its reasonable to expect Melo to continue to shoot 12% higher than his average from 3, for Felt to shoot 7% over his average from 3, Brewer to shoot 8% over his average from 3 and Kidd to shoot 11% over his average from 3(I'm being generous and only counting the years where he was a good 3% shooter 04 and on).

Why not? Are players not able to get better at their faults?

giri

The only thing i'd say about the Knicks shooting over their average... they're getting a lot of wide open shots. Not a lot of these are contested 3's. So long as that continues they really can keep it up for a long period.

Top Bottom