• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season |OT|Runnin' in da mouf of Serg Abaka daily.

That Bobcats tanking machine is on full steam.

Those early season wins is going to cost them though.

610x-72.jpg

shira

That's when you realize that Terrence Ross is drawing love, no less, while not even having the rookie season of Harold Miner, that you really feel bad for their fanbase.

So far he doesn't have a consistent jumper or the ability to score in traffic.

Who needs more Wince? Dunker's knees are gone in 3-4 years

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
lol

i swear the only reason Hakim is in the league is because of his http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cWtw8DWFGg "taste my nuts" dunk over Royal Ivey back in the 2003 NCAA tournament

other than that..dude is garbage

I don't even know how Royal Ivey looks in the mirror after that. I hope he sought professional help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-sAtBTBkpA this was just crazy to me though. Dude played great post defense and hakim just didn't give a fuck

Yeah.

He's no Westbrook

fuck is you sayin? he jumps as high if not higher and his straight line speed is Nate Robinsonesque. the guy has elite physical abilities, who cares if he doesnt, cant or wont put up Westbrook numbers
edit: hes only finishing at the rim at 64% of the time out of 160+ attempts in the last two years. those are Westbrook numbers.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
fuck is you sayin? he jumps as high if not higher and his straight line speed is Nate Robinsonesque. the guy has elite physical abilities, who cares if he doesnt, cant or wont put up Westbrook numbers

Westbrook is another level... he might be one of the best athletes at the position in the history of the league. Bledsoe is an outstanding athlete, but he isn't on that level.

Hell, I was the one saying that Bledsoe was a better prospect than Wall. But the scale is an exponential one. And having a brand of athleticism that lets you get away with certain things means that you need to be waaaaay above where's currently at. Its like comparing Desmond Mason to Andre Iguodala. Both were crazy athletes. One was a freak athlete, the other was just great.

Will someone pay him? Absolutely. Is he going to be a good player? Better than Dooling at least. He's going to need a lot of work though. As he plays now, he just freeballs. He's going to actually need to be treated like a project and go the Lowry route if he wants to be successful.

Brinbe

So far he doesn't have a consistent jumper or the ability to score in traffic.

Who needs more Wince? Dunker's knees are gone in 3-4 years

Look, I do realize the need to needleesly dump on your own team, but you do realize he went 5-8 (3-5 from 3)? So the J is coming along. At the very least he's putting up smarter shots. His offensive game will come and he's already a much better defender than Wince's lazy-ass.

That's when you realize that Terrence Ross is drawing love, no less, while not even having the rookie season of Harold Miner, that you really feel bad for their fanbase.
We'll take what we can get when we've been force-fed Garbagnani and Calderon for the last six years. Lowry/Ross/Ed/Val (and maybe DeRozan) represent something to finally get excited about. Now we just need to tank it all for Wiggins.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Jesus christ,how many home games does Miami have already.

I believe they played 2 road games in 33 days just this past month.

That prompted Marc Stein to proclaim that:

It's no excuse but maybe this helps explain why Heat's been so frequently flat: Tonight is just their second road game in span of 33 days

Yes. The Heat were "flat" the other night because they were well rested.

Vahagn

I believe they played 2 road games in 33 days just this past month.

That prompted Marc Stein to proclaim that:

Yes. The Heat were "flat" the other night because they were well rested.

I don't know about rested - I think it's a legitimate ? Whether HEAT players are still celebrating their chip every night in Miami. I remember Shaq said they would party every other night the season they won a chip. I can only imagine what some of those guys do in Miami every night after they win a chip.

Like it's a pretty well known fact that Metta parties all the time in LA. One or another person i know runs into him at some club like once a week.

That's why coaches always talk about extended road trips galvanizing teammates and getting them focused because they actually spend time together.

I don't know about rested - I think it's a legitimate ? Whether HEAT players are still celebrating their chip every night in Miami. I remember Shaq said they would party every other night the season they won a chip. I can only imagine what some of those guys do in Miami every night after they win a chip.

Like it's a pretty well known fact that Metta parties all the time in LA. One or another person i know runs into him at some club like once a week.

That's why coaches always talk about extended road trips galvanizing teammates and getting them focused because they actually spend time together.

Man, our avatars suck. :/

Westbrook is another level... he might be one of the best athletes at the position in the history of the league. Bledsoe is an outstanding athlete, but he isn't on that level.

Hell, I was the one saying that Bledsoe was a better prospect than Wall. But the scale is an exponential one. And having a brand of athleticism that lets you get away with certain things means that you need to be waaaaay above where's currently at. Its like comparing Desmond Mason to Andre Iguodala. Both were crazy athletes. One was a freak athlete, the other was just great.

Will someone pay him? Absolutely. Is he going to be a good player? Better than Dooling at least. He's going to need a lot of work though. As he plays now, he just freeballs. He's going to actually need to be treated like a project and go the Lowry route if he wants to be successful.
I really don't see it man. He's a beast athelete for sure though.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Sacramento will regret it when they do. I think he'd thrive on a well-run team.

I'm not one to clamor for headcases after all these years of dealing with them on my own team, but I agree. I wouldn't mind Cousins on the Blazers.

linsivvi

Sacramento will regret it when they do. I think he'd thrive on a well-run team.

Well he needs a lot of maturing but I guess it can be done under the right coach.

Come to think of it, Adelman would be that person. If he could handle Artest and even earn his praise, he can handle DMC.

Top Bottom