• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season |OT|Runnin' in da mouf of Serg Abaka daily.

SamuraiX-

DeMarcus Cousins said:
"I messed up," he said. "I'm apologizing to all my teammates for it, for responding the way I did, and we'll move on from it. … I grow from all of my mistakes."

Oh stfu

On another note, John Salmons played 29 minutes last night despite maintaining the worst +/- in the entire game.

Keith Smart basketball.

mhi

I hate everything about the SAC organization.

FREE Evans, Isiah, DMC, TRob, and JT. They just need to be contracted.

iamblades

Cousins needs KG and Doc Rivers in his life.

If the Celtics could get Cousins that would be insane. They wouldn't need him to run the offense in the way the kings do, so he could be more efficient on less usage, and Rondo would actually be able to get him easy buckets.

That said I don't think the Cs have the pieces to trade for him. As fucked up and inefficient as he is, he is still clearly the best player on Sacramento (which shows how terrible the Kings are). He'd have to have seriously burnt some bridges with the front office to get traded for what? Courtney Lee? Brandon Bass? Maybe Sullinger and Melo and hope one of them can develop?

Edit just realized they can't trade Courtney Lee because he came from sacto, and Bass can't be traded until Jan 15th.

mhi

RoyceWebb Royce Webb, ESPN NBA
Your franchise has issues if people think the team is the real problem in the relationship with Cousins

Seriously, does this franchise realize how thin the commodity of above average NBA level talent is ?

FUCK Stern for allowing this type of mismanagement to occur under his watch. I mean, GODMANIT this level of incompetence is fuckin absurd.

Bread

Banned
If the Celtics could get Cousins that would be insane. They wouldn't need him to run the offense in the way the kings do, so he could be more efficient on less usage, and Rondo would actually be able to get him easy buckets.

That said I don't think the Cs have the pieces to trade for him. As fucked up and inefficient as he is, he is still clearly the best player on Sacramento (which shows how terrible the Kings are). He'd have to have seriously burnt some bridges with the front office to get traded for what? Courtney Lee? Brandon Bass? Maybe Sullinger and Melo and hope one of them can develop?

Edit just realized they can't trade Courtney Lee because he came from sacto, and Bass can't be traded until Jan 15th.
Lee/Sully/Green/Melo for Jimmer/Cousins

do it danny

Cousins is weird. He is so talented, but usually good to great players on crappy teams put up better stats than he does. Love, for instance, was much better on a shitty Wolves team. Even if we attribute some of his crappiness to date to the Sacramento organization (and I think we should) does it make up enough of the gap to where he's actually good?

I really don't know. I'd love for him to be traded just so we can find out, though. What I do know is that it will never happen in Sacramento.

dalVlatko

Seems like Sacramento needs some veteran leadership like Anderson Varejao and Boobie Gibson

Byron Scott and Demarcus Cousins need each other

3 things Knicks-Age:

1) I'm in NYC right now.

2) Are any of you going to the Knicks game tomorrow? I am and wouldn't mind meeting up before or after the game.

3) Give me a great suggestion on where to eat. I'm pretty central to NYC, in Midtown near 7th and 53rd.

3 things Knicks-Age:

1) I'm in NYC right now.

2) Are any of you going to the Knicks game tomorrow? I am and wouldn't mind meeting up before or after the game.

3) Give me a great suggestion on where to eat. I'm pretty central to NYC, in Midtown near 7th and 53rd.

omfg

go get some halal guys tonight after the game. 6th and 53rd i believe

uhh what kind of food do you like and how expensive? I used to live around that area so I know it pretty well myself

omfg

go get some halal guys tonight after the game. 6th and 53rd i believe

uhh what kind of food do you like and how expensive? I used to live around that area so I know it pretty well myself

I love everything. Is the halal thing on a push cart? Cause if it is, I think I passed it on my way back to the hotel.

DMC around KG and Rondo, lol. them dudes are among the saltiest, dirtiest guys in the league, but yeah they probably would bring more productivity out of him.

iamblades

Cousins is weird. He is so talented, but usually good to great players on crappy teams put up better stats than he does. Love, for instance, was much better on a shitty Wolves team. Even if we attribute some of his crappiness to date to the Sacramento organization (and I think we should) does it make up enough of the gap to where he's actually good?

I really don't know. I'd love for him to be traded just so we can find out, though. What I do know is that it will never happen in Sacramento.

It really depends on what the player's strengths are whether they can be successful on bad teams or not.

In the Kevin love example, his strengths are rebounding and shooting, which are about as team independent as skills can get. Cousins rebounding numbers have been consistently great as well.

Cousins skills are ball handling and passing, but the team uses him most in shitty iso situations that force him to go 1 on 2 or 3 because everyone on his team is just watching instead of working to get open. Not that anyone else on his team is a good enough offensive threat to even worry the defense, so they could collapse on Cousins inside even if it left the perimeter open.

Generally ball dominant post players improve on better teams because they can pass out of the post when the play isn't there. Look at Blatche on the Nets this year for instance.

That's assuming Cousins even gets the ball on the post. Half the time he receives the ball out on the wing near the three point and his teammates expect him to get to the rim on his own, which often results in a bad jump shot.

Which is not to say that Cousins is not also responsible for all of these issues, there are plenty of things he could be doing that he isn't, but he is clearly not being used the way he should be.

I love everything. Is the halal thing on a push cart? Cause if it is, I think I passed it on my way back to the hotel.

Yes it's on a push cart. It has a website as well

ooo that is a lot of pressure

I'm looking up my favorite thai restaurant, don't see it, motherfuck...

If you look in the area from about 44th and 9th to 50thish and 9th, there's a ton of places there. i ate at them all and liked it all. not too far a walk I think

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
ESPNSteinLine
About to be posted online: ESPN sources say Mavs are waiving PG Derek Fisher at Fisher's request

Sad day for Brandy obviously.

He's totally going back to the Lakers isn't he?

Also, cousins to the C's? that'd be a disaster.

im not seeing it. hed get the ball in the lowblock and either score or pass out of the double team, the Czs are one of the best jump shooting teams in the league and top 5 in assists, they know what to do on a kick out and how to find an open shooter. (something the Kings dont and wont do)

ESPNSteinLine
About to be posted online: ESPN sources say Mavs are waiving PG Derek Fisher at Fisher's request

Sad day for Brandy obviously.

He's totally going back to the Lakers isn't he?

lol, what was the point of the experiment? Why would Fisher want out, too?

Also, CDR being picked up by Dallas. Damn it, another Lakers D-leaguer to do something somewhere else.

"(Mavericks owner) Mark Cuban has been extremely supportive and has granted me this request. I cannot say enough good things about this organization. From Mark, to Coach (Rick) Carlisle, to the players on the Mavericks' team, I sincerely thank them for the opportunity.

"I have made decisions in the past, leaving money and opportunity on the table, and I will need to do that again. My family is my priority and that is where I choose to be. I won't close the possibility that I will play again, however for now my family and being close to them remains the priority."

Sounds like Fisher is retiring.

giri

im not seeing it. hed get the ball in the lowblock and either score or pass out of the double team, the Czs are one of the best jump shooting teams in the league and top 5 in assists, they know what to do on a kick out and how to find an open shooter. (something the Kings dont and wont do)

KG and Rondo aren't known for their cool demeanor and mentoring.

Jason terry isn't exactly a "vet leader" either.

It's a better situation, sure.

You missed a debate a couple of weeks ago where a highschool kid dunked on a dude -- nuts in mouth and all -- from the fucking freethrow line and the ref called a charge.
Holy shit I wish I saw that. The charge in high school/college on a dunk is Bigfoot, people claiming they're seen it.

poor mike bibby

tumblr_mffq7lpdhT1s0cjm8o1_500.png

KG and Rondo aren't known for their cool demeanor and mentoring.

Jason terry isn't exactly a "vet leader" either.

It's a better situation, sure.
hed be a mean bastard sure, probably wrack up the techs, start a on court brawl, etc. I said those two were among the dirtiest, saltiest guys in the league. But they're productive, nonetheless.

3 things Knicks-Age:
1) I'm in NYC right now.
1) Of course you visit when I decide not to visit NYC. Dammit!
2) I can't :(.
3) There are a few great places on 34th near the Garden, but captmcblack knows the name. Check NYC-GAF thread for more info.

Nash will come out only to take off a mask revealing he was Fisher all along. It all adds up. The real Nash has been living retired in Canada since the summer.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
3 things Knicks-Age:

Go to Niles restaurant its basically across the street from MSG, its a great place I always eat at whenever I am going to something at MSG. Strong drinks and good food for a decent price. Just reserve on opentable.

What the hell... Love is't going to travel because he apparently has an eye injury. From that one play against OKC where he was doing the eye injury gestures it looked like he didn't even get touched near the face or eyes. Guess I must be missing something..

Top Bottom