• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season |OT|Runnin' in da mouf of Serg Abaka daily.

Pimpwerx

KD and Melo.

Melo's impact on the team is really questionable. He grabs very few boards and doles out very few assists. Those are primary support numbers, and they don't reflect well on him at all. Are we then to assume that his defensive impact is great enough to offset this lack of offensive influence?

If MVP is just for getting buckets, then Kobe has that on him. Melo's teammates are just playing a lot better than Kobe's. That's the difference in records. If Melo is responsible for his teammates doing so well, then what specific stat or talking point is there to support that? The obvious ones don't back up the claim.

I do agree on you with Durant though. I think Durant is currently leading the MVP race, but Bron could make a case if he turns up the effort later around the ASB. PEACE.

Gondo's gonna need one of these RIP tshirts someone made.
ripdurant.jpg

PEACE.
lolol

KD and Melo.
dont be surprised when lbj gets it.

Melo's impact on the team is really questionable. He grabs very few boards and doles out very few assists. Those are primary support numbers, and they don't reflect well on him at all. Are we then to assume that his defensive impact is great enough to offset this lack of offensive influence?

If MVP is just for getting buckets, then Kobe has that on him.

I do agree on you with Durant though. I think Durant is currently leading the MVP race, but Bron could make a case if he turns up the effort later around the ASB. PEACE.

Agreed

If MVP is just for getting buckets, then Kobe has that on him. Melo's teammates are just playing a lot better than Kobe's. That's the difference in records. If Melo is responsible for his teammates doing so well, then what specific stat or talking point is there to support that? The obvious ones don't back up the claim.

His assist is lower due to other guys passing it.[hockey assist] 4th quarter belongs to melo and i think that should count for something.

rando14

His assist is lower due to other guys passing it.[hockey assist] 4th quarter belongs to melo and i think that should count for something.

Lol Melo has a lower assist ratio than Tyson Chandler dude.

Not to mention that KD has 2 and LBJ has 3 PER over Carmelo.

Durant, maybe, and that's only because we're used to LeBron dominating. Melo...No. No way.

Of course for me, MVP simply goes to the best player, so LeBron should get it every year.

I have been extremely pleased with KD's stats this year. I'm glad he's turning into a much more well-rounded player. For me it's a tossup between him and LBJ

that stat means nothing, he kicks out of double teams annd they find find the open shooter, thats why they get good looks from three. theyll make two, three passes to find the open man. one of those stats where the eye test means more than the raw number

Lol Melo has a lower assist ratio than Tyson Chandler dude.

Not to mention that KD has 2 and LBJ has 3 PER over Carmelo.

I have been extremely pleased with KD's stats this year. I'm glad he's turning into a much more well-rounded player. For me it's a tossup between him and LBJ

which is why lolstats fail again. Watch the games and you can see how he affects the game. Melo is never given credit where it's due. I do see some guys giving some now though.

which is why lolstats fail again. Watch the games and you can see how he affects the game. Melo is never given credit where it's due. I do see some guys giving some now though.
Do you think your team would get better if you switched LeBron or KD in for Melo? If so, I don't think he should even have a chance at the MVP.

Do you think your team would get better if you switched LeBron or KD in for Melo? If so, I don't think he should even have a chance at the MVP.

lbj but no kd. melo is a better playmaker from what i can see than kd. kd is only starting to expand. melo can always make plays but admittedly he didn't in the past as much.

Pimpwerx

KD and Bron boat a lot of hockey assists too. They still manage to generate more primary assists because they are simply better playmakers. They make a greater effort to involve their teammates in plays than Melo. Their greater assists proves that creating shots for their teammates is a primary part of their game. I don't see how that number can be explained away, like Melo is the first guy to discover the drive and kick. PEACE.

KD and Bron boat a lot of hockey assists too. They still manage to generate more primary assists because they are simply better playmakers. They make a greater effort to involve their teammates in plays than Melo. Their greater assists proves that creating shots for their teammates is a primary part of their game. I don't see how that number can be explained away, like Melo is the first guy to discover the drive and kick. PEACE.

whatever, but saying Melos impact on the team is questionable is dumb. like "i havnt watched more than two or three knicks games" dumb. him playing at the 4 spot is the key to what they wanna do offensively. JRs isos help out. the Felton/Chandler pn&r do too, but the offense overwhelmingly goes through Melo.

thekad

Banned
whatever, but saying Melos impact on the team is questionable is dumb. like "i havnt watched more than two or three knicks games" dumb. him playing at the 4 spot is the key to what they wanna do offensively. JRs isos help out. the Felton/Chandler pn&r do too, but the offense overwhelmingly goes through Melo.

It's possible for both of you to be wrong at the same time. The Knicks are playing well because Melo is playing great (though he'll tail off). But Lebron, KD, and CP3 are playing better.

Pimpwerx

It's possible for both of you to be wrong at the same time. The Knicks are playing well because Melo is playing great (though he'll tail off). But Lebron, KD, and CP3 are playing better.

I'm pretty sure I'm right. My point is Wikipedia-certified. PEACE.

Spike Lee says he REFUSES to see Quentin Tarantino's new flick, "Django Unchained" when it opens tomorrow ... claiming the slavery-revenge movie is "disrespectful to my ancestors."

Lee first went off on "Django" during an interview with Vibe Magazine ... when he was asked for his thoughts on the subject matter and gave the following response:

"I can't speak on it 'cause I'm not gonna see it ... All I'm going to say is that it's disrespectful to my ancestors. That's just me ... I'm not speaking on behalf of anybody else."

He later tweeted about the movie -- "American Slavery Was Not A Sergio Leone Spaghetti Western.It Was A Holocaust.My Ancestors Are Slaves.Stolen From Africa.I Will Honor Them."

"Django" -- which stars Jamie Foxx as a slave who kills slave-owners in the Deep South -- has been drenched in controversy for weeks ... with some critics upset that the n-word is uttered more than 110 times during the movie.

Anyone seeing this?

its the middle of the nineteenth century. them n bombs was flying around like bees. anyway, its just an opinion from Spike on why he wont see it, who cares.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Anyone seeing this?

spike lee is an idiot.

Yeah, it's one thing to come to that conclusion AFTER seeing the movie, but it's another to make that assertion beforehand.

Besides, it's Tarantino. This is what he does. He takes on a controversial subject matter and flips it on its head. He did the same with Inglorious Basterds.

And it's a Blaxploitation Spaghetti Western. Get it right, Spike. That's the whole point.

PBY

Banned
Yeah, it's one thing to come to that conclusion AFTER seeing the movie, but it's another to make that assertion beforehand.

Besides, it's Tarantino. This is what he does. He takes on a controversial subject matter and flips it on its head. He did the same with Inglorious Basterds.

And it's a Blaxploitation Spaghetti Western. Get it right, Spike. That's the whole point.

I agree with you for the most part, but Spike hasn't seen the film either.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
The n-word is uttered 110+ times in a 2 hour 50 something minute movie? The math on that is incredible.

Is nigger literally in every other sentence? Like, that's all Django is ever referred to as?

I couldn't watch that with my parents.

Melo does what is asked of him. Lebron doesn't have a pg on his team he is the primary ball handler. KD has a team that doesn't really make the extra pass they are all good shooters just about so the first pass leads to a shot. The knicks make multiple passes before a shot happens. with Felton and Kid he isn't asked to make plays for other people even though he does it when it is needed. Also sometime felton likes to go nut. why? I don't know.

BobLoblaw

Banned
The n-word is uttered 110+ times in a 2 hour 50 something minute movie? The math on that is incredible.

Is nigger literally in every other sentence? Like, that's all Django is ever referred to as?

I couldn't watch that with my parents.
Not sure if want. I'm pretty sure a movie of this scope could've easily been done with less than half of that. Seems pretty deliberate. I mean 110 times? Damn.

Riggs

Banned
Spike has never liked Quentin Tarantino by the way. Quentin was just on Howard Stern the week before their Christmas vacation talking about how it was really crazy on set in some of the scenes the set people were actually crying. Pretty sure (haven't seen yet, just assuming) this movie was done with some taste it's not like Tarantino is trying to exploit anyone, the damn slave owners get destroyed from what I hear. Spike is mad ignorant to make statements on a film he has not even seen but whatever that's just how he is these days. At least the dude is entertaining as hell at Knick's games.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Spike Lee ain't half the filmmaker QT is. He mad.

stop.... you might not agree with him, based on his politics.... but stop, its like hearing you say the Lakers are a good team... your completely wrong....

Well if he's a Knick he'd get the NY Effect. So he'd get called for the Crab Dribble + more fouls and less ref respect. That's gotta have an impact on his game.

Then give me Melo cause Lebron ain't about that struggle life.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Spike sucks.

Fact.

yeah it sucks he won't ever get the oscar he deserves because of his politics.

tarantino makes entertaining films that excite while Spike tends to deal with films that try to make you feel usually negative feelings like anger, sadness, and outrage.

Beyond that Spike is a quality drama director Show me one film that Tarantino did on par with Malcolm X? You can't cause Tarantino is in a different lane. Both are good/great directors with good filmographies.

yo im excited for tomorrow's game against OKC. Lebron and KD have a rivalry going on and lebron has said as much. I know it's the reg season the rivalries of today aren't shit compared to those of old but fuck it, I'm hype.

I expect 30+ from both KD and Bron

Top Bottom