• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season |OT|Runnin' in da mouf of Serg Abaka daily.

Riggs

Banned
Nah, K-Mart Da God is coming back. We got this.

Until the Finals when Battier and Miller destroy us again

We should form a plan to send miller back to his trailer park and lock him inside for the finals. Not sure what to do about Battier though.

Mothman91

3fK12.gif

lol?

Dude is gonna be a don in a few years.

Yeah, but Nene is consistently injured. Dude brings some veteran leadership which we really need, and he can't live up to that damn contract because of that.

Nuggets definitely fucked us over with that.

I think Nene will be "healthy" ( 65 games a season) eventually, but my main concern is that Beal hasn't shown me anything to make me believe that he's actually good at basketball other than "he looks like he should be able to shoot!", even though I've never seen any evidence of that shit in actual games -- college, nba or otherwise.

I told wiz fans that id much rather have MKG, but nobody listened.

So many feels.

Guys, Brewer was never supposed to start. Brewer is there as a mechanism to keep JR on the bench/put Carmelo at the 4.

From what I see the Knicks lineup was supposed to be Chandler/Carmelo/Shumpert/Kidd/Felton. In cases where the opponents' PF is a beast Carmelo shifts the SF and Kurt Thomas/Camby start. Now the issue is Camby still isn't ready, Sheed is out at least 2 weeks, and Obviously Shump ain't going to be back by early February. Knicks just need to hold on and play like .520 ball until Shump comes back.

why does gaf have so many knicks trolls? its not like its a franchise that hogged much, if any, limelight in the postseason. Nor does it have a lengthy history of stealing franchise players from other teams. Me, Im really only an anti-fan of the Heat and the Lakers. (But okc is starting to get on my fucking nerves also, the way its pushed as the darling franchise of the nba)

why does gaf have so many knicks trolls? its not like its a franchise that hogged much, if any, limelight in the postseason. Nor does it have a lengthy history of stealing franchise players from other teams. Me, Im really only an anti-fan of the Heat and the Lakers. (But okc is starting to get on my fucking nerves also, the way its pushed as the darling franchise of the nba)

New York.

see the Isiah Thomas era. People don't want that shit to end.

And it's not really Knicks trolls, it's EVERYTHING trolls: that's pretty much how this thread is. But yeah, it goes back to the Isiah Era when they were a laughingstock. Donnie Walsh did a great job trying to clean up shit, his hiring of Woodson has helped greatly. Even GM Glen Grunwald has managed to do a good job finding sleepers to fill positions. But most of the time rational discussion doesn't last too long here, Hell you still have people saying the Knicks had the worst off-season of any team in the NBA.

Insane and constant hype from media and Knick fans. And they've consistently added some of the least likeable and most overrated players in the league over the last ten years.

Why do people hate OkC I ask myself the same thing ignoramus. I hate ny teams but I actually like the Knicks.
I think hate here breaks down into two camps: Hatred of the GAF base, then actual hatred of the team/players. In the case of OKC it's the "FThunder" moniker, they seem to live at the line and get BS calls alot. Then it's general amusement at the "PG" Westbrook. However, they also have one of the nicest guys in the NBA in Durant, so it's kinda weird.
Insane and constant hype from media and Knick fans. And they've consistently added some of the least likeable and most overrated players in the league over the last ten years.
What insane constant hype? They only hype I heard in the preseason is that the Knicks had "a shot" at a Top 4 seed in the conference, which they did. The only insane hype I heard here is the usual trolling. This coming from you of all people is amazing.

See, I'm talking stuff from this year and you talking shit from 10 years ago. You need to get with the times.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Why do people hate OkC I ask myself the same thing ignoramus. I hate ny teams but I actually like the Knicks.

It's almost all because of Westbrook. If they'd dropped him instead of Harden, the team would get way more love out here.

There was no hype till at least 2010, don't know what he is talking about in all the other years.
The only thing I can think of is that he means the Isiah Era. Curry, Marbury, Francis, Z-Bo... dark times for the 4-5 guys that made up Knicks-GAF. As a person who posted back then this is an example of the insane hype we Knicks fans had:

If MAYBE Eddy Curry can lose some weight
hopefully Jamal Crawford can play with more control
Can Steve Francis not play like he misses Cuttino Mobley
If maybe Marbury can stop running in the mountains Knicks MIGHT get the 8th spot
I swear I posted stuff like this all the time, you just hoped for the sake of hoping. Knicks-GAF didn't believe in anything back then: our effing coach/GM was Isiah Thomas. Hell half of us are still worried Dolan will do something stupid or they're fuck it up, which can be seen in alot of the post-Carmelo posters.

Personally, I'm enjoying the ride. I said before the season started Knicks have a shot to get the 4th spot; right now they're #1 and are playing .741 ball. Of course that won't continue but they're built up a nice cushion for themselves so when they get on a losing streak they can still be around #3-#4.

cause the way that franchise was moved from seattle was disgusting. Id let bygones be bygones, but the NBA and the media pretend that never happened and make a point of pushing the Thunder as the saintly franchise of the league. also Kendrick Perkins is extremely unlikable,and Westbrook is annoying as fuck as a player.

KingGondo

Banned
It's all because of Westbrook. If they'd dropped him instead of Harden, the team would get way more love out here.
OKC fans love YNB for the most part.

He has really stepped up his game this season too. He still gets out of control, but the effort is never in question.

I think hate here breaks down into two camps: Hatred of the GAF base, then actual hatred of the team/players. In the case of OKC it's the "FThunder" moniker, they seem to live at the line and get BS calls alot. Then it's general amusement at the "PG" Westbrook. However, they also have one of the nicest guys in the NBA in Durant, so it's kinda weird.

What insane constant hype? They only hype I heard in the preseason is that the Knicks had "a shot" at a Top 4 seed in the conference, which they did. The only insane hype I heard here is the usual trolling. This coming from you of all people is amazing.

See, I'm talking stuff from this year and you talking shit from 10 years ago. You need to get with the times.

Pretty sure that it was sooner than 10 years ago that I read that Melo should win MVP or that Raymond Felton and Ronnie Brewer were now 40% three point shooters due to a magic shooting coach.

Riggs

Banned
Damn well I am just getting back into basketball this year so I have lots to learn. Only reason I knew anything was from playing NBA2k since 2007 lol. Starting to really watch games this year tho. Ignoramus I didn't know the move was filled with bad blood that sucks , I really am loving OKC though. Live in FL buy its hard to cheer for the Heat honestly.

Guys, Brewer was never supposed to start. Brewer is there as a mechanism to keep JR on the bench/put Carmelo at the 4.

From what I see the Knicks lineup was supposed to be Chandler/Carmelo/Shumpert/Kidd/Felton. In cases where the opponents' PF is a beast Carmelo shifts the SF and Kurt Thomas/Camby start. Now the issue is Camby still isn't ready, Sheed is out at least 2 weeks, and Obviously Shump ain't going to be back by early February. Knicks just need to hold on and play like .520 ball until Shump comes back.

Camby is playing 2morrow.

He has really stepped up his game this season too. He still gets out of control, but the effort is never in question.

People just don't like his rough around the edges style of play. He is the pulse of the Thunder though.

Pretty sure that it was sooner than 10 years ago that I read that Melo should win MVP or that Raymond Felton and Ronnie Brewer were now 40% three point shooters due to a magic shooting coach.
Please point to the post where these EXACT WORDS were said, I beg of thee.

Carmelo does have a legit shot to win MVP if he/the Knicks continue to play well, there's no debate about that. Brewer isn't getting ridiculously wide open looks anymore (which I said many times is the only time he should ever shoot 3's) and due to forcing it lost what little confidence he had. Felton is playing with bone brusies in both hands and people choose to look at his shooting during the smaller sample size yet ignore the injury? Sure, whatever.

EDIT: I will agree that Felton is being a moron that he won't adjust by driving and taking higher-percentage shots. All of Knicks-GAF have called him out on that. Felton goes out and thinks he can score 40, which is why I hope the insertion of Amar'e can further help Felton.
Starting to really watch games this year tho. Ignoramus I didn't know the move was filled with bad blood that sucks , I really am loving OKC though. Live in FL but its hard to cheer for the Heat honestly.
1291131680_two-thumbs-up.jpg

Damn well I am just getting back into basketball this year so I have lots to learn. Only reason I knew anything was from playing NBA2k since 2007 lol. Starting to really watch games this year tho. Ignoramus I didn't know the move was filled with bad blood that sucks , I really am loving OKC though. Live in FL buy its hard to cheer for the Heat honestly.

I can respect that. not many guys in the league I hate more than DWade and I dont wish any kind of success at all on Bosh.

What's wrong with wade?

someone post that .gif of Wade laid out on the floor with his hand at his eye looking for a foul.
Hes a dirty player and he thinks he should get a foul call after every missed shot. Used to like the guy when he came into the league, I knew he would be a force. He was humble back then.

someone post that .gif of Wade laid out on the floor with his hand at his eye looking for a foul.
Hes a dirty player and he thinks he should get a foul call after every missed shot. Used to like the guy when he came into the league, I knew he would be a force. He was humble back then.
I don't think there's a single GAFfer who disliked Wade when he came into the league. I thought he was going to teach Lebron to man up and show him how to win, and it turned out Wade is now a whiny bitch.

The only thing I can think of is that he means the Isiah

Personally, I'm enjoying the ride. I said before the season started Knicks have a shot to get the 4th spot; right now they're #1 and are playing .741 ball. Of course that won't continue but they're built up a nice cushion for themselves so when they get on a losing streak they can still be around #3-#4.
L1W9q.png

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well

He's still a crucial home playoff loss waiting to happen. Durant loses sleep over that knowledge.

BobLoblaw

Banned
...also Kendrick Perkins is extremely unlikable,and Westbrook is annoying as fuck as a player.
I can get behind this. I mean, I respect the hell out of what the Thunder have been able to accomplish as an organization, but between Westbrook's chucking and Perkins' scowl, I'm pretty much at my limit.

Riggs

Banned
I can get behind this. I mean, I respect the hell out of what the Thunder have been able to accomplish as an organization, but between Westbrook's chucking and Perkins' scowl, I'm pretty much at my limit.

Hey at least it's not the Nets, right?

Watching Wallace play like an idiot makes me cringe, looking at Humphries makes me mad, Joe Johnson not being on the Hawks ticks me off, and fucking Deren Williams piss's me off because in NBA2k I got picked up by the Nets in My Player mode as a PG and he stole all my time. Fucking Nets and that stupid floor at the Barclays w/ the lame ass DJ always playing Jay Z songs! Fuck the Nets!!! (Was gonna write PEACE! at the end of that but I don't wanna be lame and steal that shit hah)

etiolate

Banned
The Kings won't be looking for cap relief. They had to sign guys this off-season just to not be in trouble with the league with how low their salary was. Their signings were basically pretending to care signings.

melo is playing at an MVP level, no hyperbole about that. brewer, no idea what happened but the fact that he was even making 3s like that made him better to me than i initially thought. felton is playing with bruises in both hands and is probably trying a lot harder than he should be.

lol what hype. even us knicks fans are surprised at how well were doing. we have our expectations in check

Top Bottom