• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season |OT|Runnin' in da mouf of Serg Abaka daily.

Riggs

Banned
yeah it sucks he won't ever get the oscar he deserves because of his politics.

tarantino makes entertaining films that excite while Spike tends to deal with films that try to make you feel usually negative feelings like anger, sadness, and outrage.

Beyond that Spike is a quality drama director Show me one film that Tarantino did on par with Malcolm X? You can't cause Tarantino is in a different lane. Both are good/great directors with good filmographies.
j9LOZleQCWa6Z.png

Sorry cheap shot.

yo im excited for tomorrow's game against OKC. Lebron and KD have a rivalry going on and lebron has said as much. I know it's the reg season the rivalries of today aren't shit compared to those of old but fuck it, I'm hype.

I expect 30+ from both KD and Bron

Same it's only thing I am looking forward to tomorrow.

masud

Banned
Yall need to stop hating on Felton. Sure he's been taking and missing a lot of shots recently but he makes the offense go and he doesn't turn the ball over. This team would be GARBAGE without him this season. Melo and Jr isos all day...

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Sorry cheap shot.

.... ehh doesn't matter cause it doesn't take away from what I said earlier

I surprised Laker fans aren't more grateful he did a documentary on Kobe and they Lakers so that they have something to remind them of when they were a good team.

Riggs

Banned

I surprised Laker fans aren't more grateful he did a documentary on Kobe and they Lakers so that they have something to remind them of when they were a good team.

LOL you asshole I just spit out part of my sandwich laughing, thnx.

Cloudy

Banned
From Kobe's facebook:

Happy Holidays from the Bryant fam!
Vanessa is now publicly active on Instagram (@LadyVB24). Be sure to follow, I may be joining soon. Enjoy the game tomorrow, it should be a good one.
Mamba Out

537567_10151326748405419_815352351_n.jpg

I guess they decided to stay together. "Mamba out" is pretty douchey lol

Nori Chan

Lmao you're good for not even half a season yet and you're talking shit. Act like you've been here...oh wait you're a rookie.

Just go back to not knowing how it is here and complain about too much Knicks trolling

Zeus Molecules

Has nothing to do with his politics. Spike Lee has made some good movies, but nothing on QT's level.

To summarize my reply since I quoted you. Different directors in different lanes. Spike is more comparable to Eastwood. They both made war movies (Eastwood's were better) and dramas (Spike's tend to be better). QT is a different Lane. Both have made classic movies. QT Grindhouse style is different than Spike's films that tend to be character driven dramas.

You should also be grateful for "Kobe Doin' Work" cause it showed the lakers as a functional team that were contenders.

Lmao you're good for not even half a season yet and you're talking shit. Act like you've been here...oh wait you're a rookie.

Just go back to not knowing how it is here and complain about too much Knicks trolling

^^^ See he's mad

linsivvi

You just compare Spike Lee to Eastwood? lol man I need a cigarette

He spoke out against with Eastwood too, which is exactly his problem. He just talks too much. It doesn't help his case that he hasn't made a great feature film in a while, and I don't see that happening with the Old Boy remake.

Riggs

Banned
He spoke out against with Eastwood too, which is exactly his problem. He just talks too much. It doesn't help his case that he hasn't made a great feature film in a while, and I don't see that happening in the Old Boy remake.

What was his beef with Eastwood?

Zeus Molecules

What was his beef with Eastwood?

he thought he didn't show enough African American soldiers involvement in WWII. Which is true movies tend to gloss over their involvement in WWII but Eastwood didn't deserve that critique be aimed solely on him since that has been for the most part the norm. To make matters worse he made the Miracle of St Anna that fell apart cause Spike couldn't avoid politics in it and stick to a war film.

he thought he didn't show enough African American soldiers involvement in WWII. Which is true movies tend to gloss over their involvement in WWII but Eastwood didn't deserve that critique be aimed solely on him since that has been for the most part the norm. To make matters worse he made the Miracle of St Anna that fell apart cause Spike couldn't avoid politics in it and stick to a war film.

St. Anna was trash, which is more to my point. QT has made some classics. Spike made some too (DTRT and Malcolm X) but he's also shown more reason to think that he's fallen off. Inglorious Basterds, on the other hand, was vintage Tarantino and in a lot of ways showed some growth and evolution as a director.

linsivvi

What the hell? It was centered around the Japanese.

There were 2 films. Flag of our Fathers was from the American soldiers perspective.

I think Spike is still capable of making a great movie, but he needs to pick better scripts. His next 2 movies, Old Boy remake and Inside Man 2, aren't exactly encouraging.

Zeus Molecules

St. Anna was trash, which is more to my point. QT has made some classics. Spike made some too (DTRT and Malcolm X) but he's also shown more reason to think that he's fallen off. Inglorious Basterds, on the other hand, was vintage Tarantino and in a lot of ways showed some growth and evolution as a director.

see that you can argue but saying he suck's or that he has never made a masterpiece that I had to disagree with completely. Also OLDBoy is right up spikes lane so I expect a return to form when it comes out. Also St Anna didn't suck it just fell apart in the end. I always said if they showed the shooting in the post office again at the end of the flash back to give the audience some satisfaction it would of been a better movie.

What the hell? It was centered around the Japanese.

Also Spike had a point

Link

St Anna was pretty good until the monologue at the end. IB was pretty terrible throughout. I will never understand how people like QT movies. His only decent ones are Pulp Fiction and Death Proof and neither was all that great.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Yall need to stop hating on Felton. Sure he's been taking and missing a lot of shots recently but he makes the offense go and he doesn't turn the ball over. This team would be GARBAGE without him this season. Melo and Jr isos all day...

I'm gonna have to disagree there. Felton has been a huge burden these past few games.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
On the topic of Tarantino and Spike...

Pulp Fiction is one of my all time favorite movies. Reservoir Dogs was great too, even if it was a bottled movie. I loved Jackie Brown too.

But everything else he's done since was shit. And that includes Kill Bill. I SAID IT!

Celtics gonna get blown out today, Terry gonna go 1-32042432 again just like on friday

Jeff Green save us.

I never saw Jackie Brown and its still on netflix, i'll try to watch it soon, Pulp Fiction is the best Tarantino movie B^) followed by Inglourious Basterds, wish i saw it in theaters though

Pimpwerx

Only bad movie QT has done is Death Proof. Part of that might have been the cast not pulling off the dialogue, but I just found that movie grated on my nerves. Everything else from him has been good. Even Jackie Brown. Let's see if I can get this right:

Pulp Fiction > Reservoir Dogs > Kill Bill 1 > Inglourious Basterds > Jackie Brown > Kill Bill 2 > Death Proof

I'm pretty sure that's the official order of things too. If you ask the experts, that's how we rank his movies. PEACE.

On the topic of Tarantino and Spike...

Pulp Fiction is one of my all time favorite movies. Reservoir Dogs was great too, even if it was a bottled movie. I loved Jackie Brown too.

But everything else he's done since was shit. And that includes Kill Bill. I SAID IT!
Inglorious basterds. Lol knick culture.

etiolate

Banned
Basterds is the only QT movie that I've loved. It was more than Tarantino jerking off to his own geekdom. Not that I'm a huge spike lee fan either.

Top Bottom