• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season |OT|Runnin' in da mouf of Serg Abaka daily.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Yeah, i said it earlier, but Tim Duncan is a good example. He's a career .689 FT shooter. Not amazing, but you never even question the topic of FT shooting and TD. Just doesn't come up. Dwight hovered around that 60% mark, and it would probably be the same, a non-issue.

It's when guys hover around 50% and under that they get in trouble.

i.e. dwight, DJ, reggie evans, blake last year.

Duncan's free throw percentage has been going up the last 4 years. It was his only weakness when he was younger.

giri

You really think the Spurs have no chance to beat the Heat if they get out of the West considering that their offense is built around threes and the Heat can't defend the three point line? Really?

I think the spurs have a better chance of beating the heat than OKC does.

This year and Last.

Them and The grizz might have the best shot in the NBA at it.

Duncan's free throw percentage has been going up the last 4 years. It was his only weakness when he was younger.

Well... no, he's always been around .700. A few seasons well above. A few seasons well Below. But always around that Mark. And i think a PF SHOULD average around .700.

PF more than a C that is.

Linsivvi so panicking? I don't care what others think, anyway. People here said things like Miami wouldn't make the finals two years ago or the west wins the finals no matter what last year or nearly all of gaf claimed spurs would beat okc and were sure of t two game in (yeah I ended up right on the last two). So I don't care if some or most or all of lakers-age is panicking.

I will wait til I see Nash and pau play a month together before I make my mind up on this team.

I've been right the last two years about them so not gonna change now. I said they couldn't beat okc last year and I said they'd be too tired to make the finals in 2010. This team hasn't gotten a chance to really play so I hold off on judgment.

Do you even watch Orlando games at this point?

you literally said Dallas was too weak both mentally and physically to beat the Lakers in 2011 so don't go all revisionist history on us

and I've watched almost every Orlando game this year

you like to blame Konex but he was here when the Lakers won b2b titles whereas during your tenure the Lakers have gotten swept by JJ Barea, seen Phil Jackson get booed out of Staples and replaced with Mike Brown and Dantoni, get crushed by OKC and see a mega blockbuster trade result in a sub-Bobcats record; time to look in the mirror buddy

LeBron.gif

Wow, I never seen that gif... what a bitch.

Random, but Monta's stats are freaking horrible this year, wtf. 0.0 offensive win shares and the Bucks are 14 points per 100 possessions worse defensively with him in the game (17 points worse all together). He hasn't looked good and has gotten a lot of negative press and has been overrated, but I didn't think it was that bad.

Yes. Thought it last year, why change now?

They didn't play the Heat in the playoffs last year and came extremely close to winning the West.

So obviously no shot while the Grizzlies have a shot despite also having had a disappointing playoff run last year...?

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I won't judge the Lakers until Nash comes back. That's their biggest concern right now.

you literally said Dallas was too weak both mentally and physically to beat the Lakers in 2011 so don't go all revisionist history on us

and I've watched almost every Orlando game this year

you like to blame Konex but he was here when the Lakers won b2b titles whereas during your tenure the Lakers have gotten swept by JJ Barea, seen Phil Jackson get booed out of Staples and replaced with Mike Brown and Dantoni, get crushed by OKC and see a mega blockbuster trade result in a sub-Bobcats record; time to look in the mirror buddy

I don't recall any of that about Dallas. I remember being optimistic about it but considering my like of dirk even branduil back then said I was an okay laker fan.

Konex is just a joke. Do you actually think I believe he has mystical powers?

I imagine a future where everyone shoots FTs underhand and in the high 90s because some superstar comes along and finally bucks the trend. Making them is the name of the game. Form shouldn't matter. PEACE.

Or even look at Shawn Marion's weirdo foul shots.... at 80%, who cares how it looks?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
True. It's just a shame since it's such an easy shot to master. Pure repetition. I went from being a 55% FT shooter as a freshman to right under 80% as a sophomore. All I did was shoot ~100 a day. And I wasn't getting paid millions like Dwight Howard.

Yep.

If you don't practice your free throws at all, you'll probably shoot 50-65% by default. Maybe 70.

It's easy to raise that number just through repetition and practice, though. By 10 or 15 percentage points. Easily.

What you're seeing from Dwight is the result of a naturally poor free throw shooter who doesn't give a shit about practicing his free throws. And when you're making the kind of money Dwight is, it's kind of pathetic he can't even take the time to shoot 20-50 free throws a day.

Yep.

If you don't practice your free throws at all, you'll probably shoot 50-65% by default. Maybe 70.

It's easy to raise that number just through repetition and practice, though. By 10 or 15 percentage points. Easily.

What you're seeing from Dwight is the result of a naturally poor free throw shooter who doesn't give a shit about practicing his free throws. And when you're making the kind of money Dwight is, it's kind of pathetic he can't even take the time to shoot 20-50 free throws a day.

Dwight practices free throws all the time; in Orlando he shot a couple hundred each week and would make sometimes 30 in a row during practices

he's just terrible at them in game situations cause he's not in rhythm and his form is garbage

Smokey

i caved and will be getting comcast next week when i can move so i can watch rockets games :(

fuck

company was pretty shitty a few years ago. doubt its changed much.

PBY

Banned
From the NBAs Facebook (yes, I'm a 12 year old):

NBA
‎Serge Ibaka served up a pair of foreign facials tonight in Brooklyn!

A Pair of Foreign Facials Courtesy of the Congo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32ZcZhxaJjQ
Serge Ibaka serves up a couple of nasty dunks against the Nets in Brooklyn. Visit nba.com/video for more highlights.
Like · · Share · · 3 minutes ago ·

BobLoblaw

Banned
OKC is still the only team that can beat Miami
Because it worked out so well for them last season, right? No offense, but you're out of your mind. The Grizz and the Spurs are the only two teams that I'd bet it all on to beat the Heat. The Thunder are actually worse now that Harden's gone. Yeah, he didn't show up in the finals last year, but Kevin Martin is a straight up shooter, not a facilitator.

Other than those, the Knicks and maybe the Celtics (if they can get their shit together) have a chance, but to say no one exept OKC is laughable. Do you even watch NBA games?

Allen Iverson Says His Monthly Income is $62k But Monthly Expenses are $358k

According to TMZ the reason A.I. is saying his debt is so high because of paying back creditors and monthly expenses like these.

10,000/month on clothes, $10,000/month on grocery/house items, $1,000/month on dry cleaning, $5,000/month on entertainment, $5,000/month on restaurants.

this is...sad.

OKC with Harden would have easily been the best in the west this year. They gotten better almost every year, there's no evidence that this would have been the year they hit the wall. They won't do anything without harden though.

Spurs are regular season tigers. Grizz or clips are who I would bet to come out the west.

Puddles

Banned
The last few pages were such a clusterfuck.

"You lost, now you want to change the rules of the game, get over it, derp!"

Mamba knows what's up. Sorry that some of us think the game shouldn't be reduced to the ludicrous display we got tonight. I can say with confidence that my opinion would be exactly the same even if I weren't a Lakers fan. Fuck it, if I were a Rockets fan, I'd be absolutely embarrassed by my team's cowardly behavior tonight. I'd be stoked about the win, but I sure as shit wouldn't be proud of it.

The integrity of the game is worth a lot more than cheap moralizing about how some overpaid athlete needs to practice free throws in the gym. It's worth a lot more than one W or L on the schedule for any team. Tonight the integrity of the game took a step back, and that really bothers me.

Sorry if some of us are looking past one game and at the big picture.

Puddles

Banned
The last few pages were such a clusterfuck.

"You lost, now you want to change the rules of the game, get over it, derp!"

Mamba knows what's up. Sorry that some of us think the game shouldn't be reduced to the ludicrous display we got tonight. I can say with confidence that my opinion would be exactly the same even if I weren't a Lakers fan. Fuck it, if I were a Rockets fan, I'd be absolutely embarrassed by my team's cowardly behavior tonight. I'd be stoked about the win, but I sure as shit wouldn't be proud of it.

The integrity of the game is worth a lot more than cheap moralizing about how some overpaid athlete needs to practice free throws in the gym. It's worth a lot more than one W or L on the schedule for any team. Tonight the integrity of the game took a step back, and that should bother all of us.

Sorry if some of us are looking past one game and at the big picture.

pilonv1

Random, but Monta's stats are freaking horrible this year, wtf. 0.0 offensive win shares and the Bucks are 14 points per 100 possessions worse defensively with him in the game (17 points worse all together). He hasn't looked good and has gotten a lot of negative press and has been overrated, but I didn't think it was that bad.

Had an argument with an idiot the other day who thought the Warriors were better off keeping Ellis and then using cap space, as if someone would sign with them.

It's amazing how much better they are without him. He's got some excellent parts to his game but some dismal other parts.

He will never shoot decent. Ever ever ever. It has nothing to do its taking them seriously.

A ft is the most basic shot. You are what you are after 3 years in the league or around then. It's all muscle memory.

God that game was frustrating. I cannot stand watching this hacking. Change the rule. Lakers will struggle to win close games. It ruins the offensive rhythm for a quick offense and let's the other team gather itself for theirs.

Turnovers continue to kill this team. 19 again. Giving free points away. Their ft defense is good but fuckig turnovers. Sigh.

ahhahhahahahah. This season just keeps on delivering!!!. Keep playing like shit Lakers :)

Cloudy

Banned
I won't judge the Lakers until Nash comes back. That's their biggest concern right now.

Nash will help the shooting and turnovers but his defense is worse than the garbage we've been playing lol.

Also, a big part of Kobe's current efficiency is driving to the hoop. With Nash dominating the ball, Kobe will be shooting more jumpers and 3s. I guess not having to handle the ball will keep him fresher in the long run but I feel his game will take a slight hit when Nash comes back.

On the other hand, we desperately need another guy who can create his own shot in tight games.

Nash will be a positive since our PG rotation sucks but this team will only go as far as Kobe and Dwight take them...

God that game was frustrating. I cannot stand watching this hacking. Change the rule. Lakers will struggle to win close games. It ruins the offensive rhythm for a quick offense and let's the other team gather itself for theirs.

The rule is fine. The guy needs to make his fts or sit down till the 2 minute mark. I wonder how many games we'll lose like this before the fans boo his ass off the court late in a game...

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
If you'd have asked me who would fall on their sword first, Puddles or Cloving, I'd never have guessed the former.

Cloving has fallen on his sword so much it is dull now..

etiolate

Banned
Everyone who has ever taken any part in hacking, whether as a player, as part of a coaching staff, or a league official who let it happen, is an absolute disgrace to humanity and should be shipped off to a warzone somewhere. Siberian fucking labor camps out of Dostoevsky would be too good for those fucks. I don't think I have ever read a story of human suffering that would be as much as these guys deserve for their actions.

In some form or way this will end up in a NBA thread title.

Cloudy

Banned
D'Antoni said he didn't take out Dwight because you don't do that to a player.

But how come its okay to take out Pau because "you're trying to win the game"???

That's a good question. D'Antoni had no issue humiliating Pau by inserting him and yanking him right after in the ORL game. He's also been calling him out in the media after games.

Seems like Dwight has this team by the balls with his impending FA

Pkaz01

I don't want to beat a dead horse here but what the hell is up with people saying they need to make a rule change for the hack a shaq/dwight

They did make a rule change by implementing the 2 minute rule how much more catering does a professional player need?

But he was right that at the end of the day defense was the biggest problem and it will continue to be if lakers commit so many turnovers and refuse to guard the perimeter.

Top Bottom