• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season |OT|Runnin' in da mouf of Serg Abaka daily.

It's okay. The other fans needed this because come march hey are gonna be feeling ill knowing the lakers are rolling into the playoffs poised to win it all.

So long as konex shuts the fuck up.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Anyway, three of the most prominent examples of the hacking strategy in recent times(Shaq, Ben Wallace, Haywood) have all played prominent roles on championship teams, so it's not like it's some kind of foolproof strategy.

One day it will be hack an Asik. A Rockets fan can dream.

yo lebron does not like white people

LeBron.gif

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Do I have to be the voice of reason in Lakers-Age? At least wait until Nash comes back, before we panic. Let's see what Mitch can get for Pau.

linsivvi

Do I have to be the voice of reason in Lakers-Age? At least wait until Nash comes back, before we panic. Let's see what Mitch can get for Pau.

Most of us are pretty reasonable....

Anyway, Pau and Dwight both need to play better defense. Dwight probably hasn't fully recovered yet and let's just give Pau the benefit of doubt that it's his tendinitis that affected his game, but there's no denying that he's a delicate flower.

Not panicking until end of Jan if things don't improve.

And Dwight's free throws.

And their rebounding.

#3 in rebounds and #2 in differential.

It is not a problem as long as Pau put his big boy pants on.

If he's benched for worse rebounders, that number will dip.

Turnovers are the team's main problem...

Everything else has been good or okay besides fts. But even that isn't an overall negative since they shoot so many.

It's no surprise that they have won easily with sub 15 tos

Cloudy

Banned
Anyway, three of the most prominent examples of the hacking strategy in recent times(Shaq, Ben Wallace, Haywood) have all played prominent roles on championship teams, so it's not like it's some kind of foolproof strategy.

Phil had the clout to take Shaq out of games. I can't believe folks have forgotten how Kobe got his "closer" reputation. Shaq used to be on the bench late in tight games so they wouldn't foul him...

OKC quietly winning six in a row. When you go 30 for 34 from the FT line (in an away game, no less), you know you have it wrapped up.

Dwight Howard should pay attention. Why doesn't he have Nash teach him how to shoot FTs? It's the easiest shot in the game.

Sancha saying we'll all eat our lunch later on reminds me of when he still insisted the Lakers were better than the Mavs in the midst of them getting swept

linsivvi

OKC quietly winning six in a row. When you go 30 for 34 from the FT line (in an away game, no less), you know you have it wrapped up.

Dwight Howard should pay attention. Why doesn't he have Nash teach him how to shoot FTs? It's the easiest shot in the game.

FT practice is boring. If he wanted to improve or just maintain his previous level he would have.

FT practice is boring. If he wanted to improve or just maintain his previous level he would have.

True. It's just a shame since it's such an easy shot to master. Pure repetition. I went from being a 55% FT shooter as a freshman to right under 80% as a sophomore. All I did was shoot ~100 a day. And I wasn't getting paid millions like Dwight Howard.

Puddles

Banned

I am perfectly reasonable.

Too many people on this board are letting their disdain for the Lakers interfere with coming to what should be a painfully logical conclusion. Hack-a-XXX makes for an inferior product. There is no way to argue against that. A game with no intentional fouling is more watchable and more likely to produce an outcome in which the team that is better at executing its normal offense and defense wins the game than a game that includes intentional fouling.

If anyone wants to argue against that, feel free, but you won't do well.

A lot of people in this thread get some kind of sick humor out of spouting worthless platitudes like, "Want to know how to fix it? Make your FTs." As though their testicles will increase in size by telling other people to man up. It's a very Tea Party-esque philosophy that should have no place here considering the level of rational discourse we try to promote in this thread, but what can you do?

Dwight said that he shot thousands of free throws in the lockout offseason with a new shooting coach which immediately preceded a major drop in his FT%.

It may just be him BSing since he is mental and not very truthful, but he might have just fucked up his form.

A lot of people in this thread get some kind of sick humor out of spouting worthless platitudes like, "Want to know how to fix it? Make your FTs." As though their testicles will increase in size by telling other people to man up. It's a very Tea Party-esque philosophy that should have no place here considering the level of rational discourse we try to promote in this thread, but what can you do?

Dat terrible comparison.

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I think Kobe is the real reason the Lakers offense is so clogged up. He shoots way too many shots at far too inefficient a percentage. It's no coincidence that all four other Lakers starters were in positive scoring differential tonight and the black mamba was in the negative. He's truly an offensive black hole, and really sucks the life out of their flow. It was even worse when Nash was on the court.

Like I said, yours will be best of all.

I don't get it, other lakers-age have already relented that the team is garbage and they just wanna see kobe break records or some shit while you comparatively keep fucking that chicken believing a team that gives up 110+ points at home to league bottom offenses and blows double-digit leads because of a d-league center and Tony Douglass is gonna amount to anything; your junk squad literally threw out their entire gameplan 2 weeks into the season and now this new one isn't working and you magically think a 40 year old defensive sieve with a broken leg is the magic bullet

but then again you literally whined that since Dwight is awful at free throws they should change the rules

linsivvi

Dwight said that he shot thousands of free throws in the lockout offseason with a new shooting coach which immediately preceded a major drop in his FT%.

It may just be him BSing since he is mental and not very truthful, but he might have just fucked up his form.

Assuming he's telling the truth, can't he just go back to his old form then?

I don't get it, other lakers-age have already relented that the team is garbage

I don't think this team is garbage at all. The thing is, when you put 3 elite players together, it takes a while for the team to work. It took the Heat a season, a luxury the Lakers don't have since they are an old team. They have a couple months to put it together at most. It hurts even more that they wasted the training camp with Mike Brown only to panic 5 games in. Should've fired his ass after the playoffs.

Should've never hired him.

It's okay. The other fans needed this because come march hey are gonna be feeling ill knowing the lakers are rolling into the playoffs poised to win it all.

You know I'm with you cause we you know I think games right now don't mean a shit regardless of how bad the team looks, but you have absolutely nothing to back your irrational confidence

poised to win it all? lol

giri

Assuming he's telling the truth, can't he just go back to his old form then?

He probably can. Shaq worked out how to go back to his college FT form when he was in PHX, and i believe it was his best FT Shooting year ever. Basically, he stopped trying to work on "the perfect form" and just worked on getting a few key basics right.

It was his second best year ever at almost 60%

It's entirely do able.

Shaq apparently was coached for many years to work on the perfect form to get him up to 75-80% oh his FT's, so shooting coaches kept "completely rebuilding his form". Which is why he never got good with it. Wouldn't be surprised if diwght was the same.

I don't get it, other lakers-age have already relented that the team is garbage and they just wanna see kobe break records or some shit while you comparatively keep fucking that chicken believing a team that gives up 110+ points at home to league bottom offenses and blows double-digit leads because of a d-league center and Tony Douglass is gonna amount to anything; your junk squad literally threw out their entire gameplan 2 weeks into the season and now this new one isn't working and you magically think a 40 year old defensive sieve with a broken leg is the magic bullet

but then again you literally whined that since Dwight is awful at free throws they should change the rules

Linsivvi so panicking? I don't care what others think, anyway. People here said things like Miami wouldn't make the finals two years ago or the west wins the finals no matter what last year or nearly all of gaf claimed spurs would beat okc and were sure of t two game in (yeah I ended up right on the last two). So I don't care if some or most or all of lakers-age is panicking.

I will wait til I see Nash and pau play a month together before I make my mind up on this team.

I've been right the last two years about them so not gonna change now. I said they couldn't beat okc last year and I said they'd be too tired to make the finals in 2010. This team hasn't gotten a chance to really play so I hold off on judgment.

Do you even watch Orlando games at this point?

PBY

Banned
Linsivvi so panicking? I don't care what others think, anyway. People here said things like Miami wouldn't make the finals two years ago or the west wins the finals no matter what last year or nearly all of gaf claimed spurs would beat okc and were sure of t two game in (yeah I ended up right on the last two). So I don't care if some or most or all of lakers-age is panicking.

I will wait til I see Nash and pau play a month together before I make my mind up on this team.

I've been right the last two years about them so not gonna change now. I said they couldn't beat okc last year and I said they'd be too tired to make the finals in 2010. This team hasn't gotten a chance to really play so I hold off on judgment.

Do you even watch Orlando games at this point?

I agree with you 100% Pretty sure the Lakers will be in the Finals. But fuck a hack a Dwight rule.

Westlo

So long as konex shuts the fuck up.

Best case scenario is you take 1 game off OKC before you get bounced in the first round.

You know I'm with you cause we you know I think games right now don't mean a shit regardless of how bad the team looks, but you have absolutely nothing to back your irrational confidence

poised to win it all? lol

Lakers will go on some kind of winning streak that will scare everyone and then lakers age will puff their chest out. My comment was on the perception of gaf to come, not mine. Nash hasn't played so there is no evidence either way.

I think Miami is the best team in the league and are simply bored. I've seen that script too many times firsthand.

I think lakers and grizz are the only teams with a chance to take them out based on matchup. But that I'm not sure lakers are that good to even get there or do it until I see them.

Emwitus

Okc and Miami were far more athletic teams than the lakers with two of the best players in the league. The lakers on the other hand are relying on a 38 years old no defense, no legs point guard to come and save them. Yeah, first round fodder.

linsivvi

He probably can. Shaq worked out how to go back to his college FT form when he was in PHX, and i believe it was his best FT Shooting year ever. Basically, he stopped trying to work on "the perfect form" and just worked on getting a few key basics right.

It was his second best year ever at almost 60%

It's entirely do able.

Shaq apparently was coached for many years to work on the perfect form to get him up to 75-80% oh his FT's, so shooting coaches kept "completely rebuilding his form". Which is why he never got good with it. Wouldn't be surprised if diwght was the same.

Yeah I remember that year. Dwight shouldn't have fixed what wasn't broken. He could get by at 60% and he shouldn't have changed his form.

Assuming he's telling the truth.

giri

Yeah I remember that year. Dwight shouldn't have fixed what wasn't broken. He could get by at 60% and he shouldn't have changed his form.

Assuming he's telling the truth.

Yeah, i said it earlier, but Tim Duncan is a good example. He's a career .689 FT shooter. Not amazing, but you never even question the topic of FT shooting and TD. Just doesn't come up. Dwight hovered around that 60% mark, and it would probably be the same, a non-issue.

It's when guys hover around 50% and under that they get in trouble.

i.e. dwight, DJ, reggie evans, blake last year.

Lakers will go on some kind of winning streak that will scare everyone and then lakers age will puff their chest out. My comment was on the perception of gaf to come, not mine. Nash hasn't played so there is no evidence either way.

I think Miami is the best team in the league and are simply bored. I've seen that script too many times firsthand.

I think lakers and grizz are the only teams with a chance to take them out based on matchup. But that I'm not sure lakers are that good to even get there or do it until I see them.

You really think the Spurs have no chance to beat the Heat if they get out of the West considering that their offense is built around threes and the Heat can't defend the three point line? Really?

Top Bottom