• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season |OT|Runnin' in da mouf of Serg Abaka daily.

Brinbe

sigh... there's just no hoping with this franchise as long as Bargs is force-fed shots and minutes regardless of his current form.

Lowry is a beast man, Raps lose to the Kings like always, and it's on to the next loss.

Only thing to wait for is the inevitable feel-good two week run of wins that destroys their draft chances and keeps them on the treadmill forever.

Lowry is a beast man, Raps lose to the Kings like always, and it's on to the next loss.

Only thing to wait for is the inevitable feel-good two week run of wins that destroys their draft chances and keeps them on the treadmill forever.

Why does BC have a job?

He's approaching Baylor-level failure right now...

Adam, you see dj with his arm around Blake. Blake's like get it off me man, for real, move it. Weird. Haha.

Sill happy to see weirdo kaman and brand.

KingGondo

Banned

Don't worry, if that happens OKC gets your pick and you can re-commence the tank next year.

You're welcome!

What is the purpose of Aaron Brooks on the Kings?

He provides a skillset that the Kings already have way too much of while stealing away minutes from Thomas and Jimmer while possibly costing the Kings some lottery balls for the very slight upgrade.

This roster makes no sense at all.

They need to cut some of that fat out by the trading deadline.

Must be one of those 1940s Globetrotters things

Bledsoe is too good for the Clippers. He'd be awesome in Utah.

Hands off.

Edit: First we had the VDN troll face...

A7O5ypdCEAE4bZR.jpg:large

Look at this turncoat.

I remember when Adam and I were loserbros. Warriors may be 11-7 but I haven't forgotten my roots. You should do the same Adam.

pilon, it's only a matter of time until Griffin gets injured and Paul leaves.

When that happens, the Clippers will never, ever be this good again. If I can't go Hollywood now while this happens, when can I ever?

... :x

Must be one of those 1940s Globetrotters things

Bledsoe is too good for the Clippers. He'd be awesome in Utah.

Al for Bledsoe and Odom's expiring.

...Fuck that doesn't work in the trade machine :(

It could work if the Clippers get under the tax I guess though.

Bledsoe and Favors would be really cool to watch together though the team would still need to flip Mo for a SG if it happened (which it won't)

Vahagn

That's what I have been saying: the Lakers stopped playing defense in the 4th. And that's the #1 reason why they lost that game.

Had they played the same defense they did in the first 3 quarters, the would've increased or maintained the lead even with Dwight's 5 over 10 FTs.

Dude how do you not understand this.

Dwight scored 5 points on 5 possessions. The Lakers could, on average, do that with 5 non Hack A Dwight possessions too. Except in that case, they would use about a 100 seconds off the game clock instead of only 8-10.

When you're down by a few possessions in the final 5 minutes of the fourth quarter, it makes sense to employ the hack a Dwight strategy in the same way it would make sense to employ that strategy with 30 seconds left and down by 5.

Teams play the foul game when they're in a winnable game but are behind, and they usually end up having to foul a 80-90% FT shooter and it's still smart strategy because you're extending the game and giving yourself the possessions needed to catch up. In the Dwight instance, it's much smarter because you're fouling a 50% shooter.

Imagine LA is up by 2 and there are 20 seconds left and they pass to Dwight who gets fouled and makes 1 of 2. That's a HUGE break for the team that's down. It's the Same thing with 4 minutes left. Also, teams scoring the final 3-4 minutes of a close game is pretty regular. If a team shoots 45% from the field, they essentially make half their shots over a 4-5 possessions sequence. that doesn't include offensive rebounding which gives you an extra shot during a single possession or foul shot attempts

If on 5 offensive possessions they go the the line one time and Hit 2-2. On the remaining 4 possessions they put up 4 FG, get one offensive rebound and get a 5th attempt and they Make 2 of the 5 shots with one being a 3 pointer they would have scored:

2 free throws
1 2 pt shot
1 3 pt shot

That's 7 points compared to Dwight's 4 or 5 in the same 5 possessions. And that breakdown isn't all that rare - it allows for being fouled once and getting 1 offensive rebound in 5 trips down the floor and only converting on 40% from the field.

Yo Knicks-Age...I'm gonna be all in yer city in a few weeks.

Gonna see my first game @ MSG.

It's gonna be KLove taking that J-Train straight to the Gaaaaw-den.

Dwight
18 (7-11)pts, 8 reb, 5 blks, 33minutes

Robin Lopez
15 (7-9)pts, 4 rebs, 5blks, 26minutes.

Difference in salary? $14,000,000

what are you saying exactly? o_o

------------------------

Congrats to the Mamba on 30k. damn thats impressive.

Top Bottom