• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season |OT|Runnin' in da mouf of Serg Abaka daily.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
IWMTB check Kemba's PnR numbers. Tell me if my eyes deceive me.

We aren't even past a quarter of the season yet. A lot of guys that drafted look bad. Beal has looked like trash too and he was the 3rd pick with some people even saying he would go second.

Beal doesn't look bad - he just hasn't filled up a stat sheet and anyone that knows the game knows that he's getting fucked by sharing a ball with Jordan Crawford.

Austin Rivers has shitty numbers and looks like ass whenever he doesn't play basketball in the dark.

Flash

Its insane that GMs are still giving up that much for pau

I mean those are two of the worst GMs in the league but still

I'd give up Bargnani for a bag of potato chips. At this point we really need to just move on from that era.

I think he'll be surprisingly serviceable with the Lakers, tbh. He should get a lot of open looks and he'll do his job and stretch the floor. His percentages won't look that bad as they are now because he'll be the 4th option on offense. Rebounding and defence will be shit but overall they would be in a better position.

And Calderon is one of the better backup point guards who can give Nash breaks. They'll be able to afford siting Nash out out some games and letting Calderon start...right now the pg situation is atrocious in LA... a coach like D'antoni NEEDS point guards.

But it is pointless talking about it because BC won't let go of Bargnani.

IWMTB check Kemba's PnR numbers. Tell me if my eyes deceive me.

He's ranked 38th overall (of all players) in the league in scoring efficiency off the pick-and-roll.

Bobcats have an extremely low rate of hitting the pick-and-roll roll man which isn't good, but that may be brought down by the lack of ability by their big men to do anything productive on offense

Mothman91

Beal doesn't look bad - he just hasn't filled up a stat sheet and anyone that knows the game knows that he's getting fucked by sharing a ball with Jordan Crawford.

Austin Rivers has shitty numbers and looks like ass whenever he doesn't play basketball in the dark.
Yes, yes.

If Crawford is making shots, Wittman will leave him in, and let Beal rot on the bench.

Mothman91

Hmm, Melo might not play today? Something wrong with his finger? National primetime game? Against the Heat?

Fine the Knicks. That should teach them.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Kings won! Man, the Raptors are Lakers bad. Imagine if the Kings had done the Lowry trade instead of signing Brooks.

Just imagine if the Raptors didn't have Lowry. 10 wins would be a miracle.

Bargnani is terrible and probably untradable now for anything other than another terrible overpaid player. Shooting under 40%, can't grab 5 rebounds per game, doesn't do anything on defense, not a great passer anymore.

Hilariously though the Raptors are probably the team that wouldn't want to make a trade happen.

I just don't want Ernie fucking picking another draft selection. Fuck Ted in his Mario ass for not listening to the fans or virtually anyone who knows basketball. In 11 we all fucking begged Ted to fire Ernie before the draft and now we have Vesely and Tomas Satoransky to show for it.

6Rug3.jpg

Haters showing their age in this tread. Jordan averaged more minutes and FGA per game than Kobe. 2 more shots a game and 2 more minutes per game. Jordan damn near played whole games with his 38 MPG.

Not only that but people act like Kobe is just chucking...lmao he's a career 45 percent FG shooter right now and is averaging 49% on the year. Lebron actually averages more shots per game than Kobe despite not being on his level as a scorer (at least for the vast majority of his career, 2012 and on Bron is pretty boss).

Vahagn

Pretty Interesting Article

Apparently Kobe is and has been for several years, far and away the leader in getting his misses lead to offensive rebounds and then other points.

He said something once about when he sees Pau or Bynum with great offensive rebounding position and can't get them the ball he shoots it up because if he misses he knows they'll just tip it in...I guess he knew what he was talking about.

This article coins the term "Kobe-Assist" as a Kobe miss that leads to an offensive rebound and immediate putback.

15 percent of Kobe's misses immediately lead to Lakers put-backs, which is much higher than the league average. In comparison, Dallas's Vince Carter has missed over 100 shots and only has three Kobe Assists all year.

Out of 100 close-range Kobe shots, 59 go in and 41 miss. Of those 41 misses, the Lakers grab 21 of them; the defense grabs only 20 of them. This means 80 percent of Kobe's close-range shots either result in immediate points or a "fresh 24." Furthermore, out of those 44 misses, 14 will become "put-backs" — so, out of 100 close-range Kobe shots, 59 immediately find the net and 14 more find the net within seconds of being rebounded by a Laker; 73 percent of Kobe's close-range shot attempts become points for the Lakers within five seconds.

And for those who think this is just because of the Lakers having a dominant rebounder. Not so much.

The presence of a dominant rebounder does not ensure Kobe Assists. The Rockets have only put back 8 percent of James Harden's 147 missed shots this season despite the presence of Omer Asik, the league's third leading rebounder.

I've been looking at some footage of Andrew Wiggins aka "Ender" today and I am stoked at the thought of what he'll do in the league. He has it all - attitude, IQ, athleticism, size, and skill. Player comparisons are almost always a useless measure of evaluation but Wiggins really does remind me of a young Kobe.

Flash

I've been looking at some footage of Andrew Wiggins aka "Ender" today and I am stoked at the thought of what he'll do in the league. He has it all - attitude, IQ, athleticism, size, and skill. He plays the same position as MKG, but regardless I'll be disappointed if the Cats aren't at least in contention to draft him next year.

Raptors NEED to draft him. I want to see the most blatant no fucks tank job in the history of the nba.

Top Bottom