• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season |OT|Runnin' in da mouf of Serg Abaka daily.

Raptors NEED to draft him. I want to see the most blatant no fucks tank job in the history of the nba.

I'm trying to think of what teams will be in contention next year. I have a feeling Dallas will blow things up at the end of this year. Atlanta might too, but I don't think they will unless they get a trade offer for JSmoove that they can't turn down. Then there are all the teams like us that either suck or are in the midst of a rebuild. Regardless, there are going to be some teams with inflated win totals next year.

Flash

I'm trying to think of what teams will be in contention next year. I have a feeling Dallas will blow things up at the end of this year. Atlanta might too, but I don't think they will unless they get a trade offer for JSmoove that they can't turn down. Then there are all the teams like us that either suck or are in the midst of a rebuild. Regardless, there are going to be some teams with inflated win totals next year.

Don't worry though raptors only lose when they aren't suppose to. Last years team was compelete utter shit... yet we got the 8th pick. This year, the team improves and we're shittier (our pick likely goes to OKC).

Pelicans are awesome, I don't get the hate.

i've never been bothered in my life by a pelican.

hornets, however, sting like a bitch. this is known.

---------------------------

btw what is knee tendinitis exactly? and is the cure just resting like Pau is doing?

Flash

come on, this is the nba. toronto will obviously get the #1 pick for wiggins.

A9YSc5FCQAEhQTH.jpeg

Make it happen, Stern.

Pelicans are awesome, I don't get the hate.

Out of all the animal names to choose from, who the fuck would want to be a pelican? I don't care how much of a significance that bird has in the state, it's just not right to make the players be The Pelicans. At least put a cool adjective in front of Pelican, like maybe Mighty?

The logo is horrendous. I already said if they make the pelican dangerous looking like it'd eat your kid I have no problem (see the Bucks, Mavericks, Bulls).

I would've liked to see the Krewe or Crescents to be truthful.
Out of all the animal names to choose from, who the fuck would want to be a pelican? I don't care how much of a significance that bird has in the state, it's just not right to make the players be The Pelicans. At least put a cool adjective in front of Pelican, like maybe Mighty?
New Orleans Death Pelicans...

I like it.

Flash

The logo is horrendous. I already said if they make the pelican dangerous looking like it'd eat your kid I have no problem (see the Bucks, Mavericks, Bulls).

I would've liked to see the Krewe or Crescents to be truthful.

New Orleans Death Pelicans...

I like it.

I thought Krewe would've been a good choice as well

Vahagn

Wonder when the media will finally stop ignoring that Austin Rivers is terrible

Admittedly I haven't watched many NO games (who has?) but based on last night's game he's not terrible at all.

He's become incredibly passive, and incredibly reluctant to shoot the ball. Which isn't good. But every time he put the ball on the floor he was getting into the teeth of the defense. He was the only guard on that team that was able to do any kind of penetration, and several of Ryno's looks came from his penetration.

He'll be fine, he just needs to get his confidence back. He's only putting up 7 shots a game. Dude is clearly rattled right now.

Wonder when the media will finally stop ignoring that Austin Rivers is terrible

He had a lot of highschool hype that plumetted after his Duke run. He went higher than he should have, so lack of interest in him is understandable.

This whole draft class is relatively underhyped though. Probably because there aren't any first options.

Admittedly I haven't watched many NO games (who has?) but based on last night's game he's not terrible at all.

He's become incredibly passive, and incredibly reluctant to shoot the ball. Which isn't good. But every time he put the ball on the floor he was getting into the teeth of the defense. He was the only guard on that team that was able to do any kind of penetration, and several of Ryno's looks came from his penetration.

He'll be fine, he just needs to get his confidence back. He's only putting up 7 shots a game. Dude is clearly rattled right now.

Confidence is the last thing he needs, wtf.

I still disagree significantly with the lottery system. There's no lottery in the NFL and teams can tank a lot easier since there are only 16 games. If a team wants to tank for all 82 then so be it, let them reap the rewards. Guys just can't get better with the current system.

The result as it stands is teams like Chicago and the Hornets getting good players even though they barely tanked. Meanwhile truly trash teams like the Cats, Raptors, and Wiz are selecting guys like Vesely and Bismack.

giri

I'd also suggest he should get a large dose of skill, wiles, athleticism, and an actual jump shot.

THEN maybe he can work on confidence.

masud

Banned
Why? Do you not like the way the word sounds or something?

giri

I still disagree significantly with the lottery system. There's no lottery in the NFL and teams can tank a lot easier since there are only 16 games. If a team wants to tank for all 82 then so be it, let them reap the rewards. Guys just can't get better with the current system.

The result as it stands is teams like Chicago and the Hornets getting good players even though they barely tanked. Meanwhile truly trash teams like the Cats, Raptors, and Wiz are selecting guys like Vesely and Bismack.

Wizards got a number 1 pick. They took wall.

Raps took Bargs.

Only team there that can complain is the cats, i'm not sure they've ever had the number 1.

Vahagn

Confidence is the last thing he needs, wtf.

He used to have tons of it, sure. But he was playing incredibly passive last night. He shot 5 shots all night, and barely did anything with the ball. Every time he tried, he beat his defender got into the teeth of the defense and most the times he didn't even look to shoot.

Also, none of the Rookies this year are getting much hype except for Davis, Lillard and MKG. Fab Melo, Beal, Rivers aren't getting hype.

Only 6 guys scoring more than 10 a game...only 3 scoring more than 11 a game.

4 of the 6 guys scoring more than 10 a game are shooting less than 44% from the field...2 are shooting under 40%.

The whole draft class sans Davis, Lillard, MKG sucks, it's not just Austin.

Wizards got a number 1 pick. They took wall.

Raps took Bargs.

Only team there that can complain is the cats, i'm not sure they've ever had the number 1.

If you count the Hornet days as part of our history we had the number one pick back in 1991. We took Larry Johnson. In other words it was a long damn time ago.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Jeff Taylor is damned good.

And I haaaaaaaaaaate writing off rookies before they play 2 seasons - let alone 15 f'n games.

diehard

Fleer
It will be hilarious when there's no flop fines for this game.

There won't be.

That thing is a sham and they will only do it on scrub players or plays that didnt have a huge outcome on the game.

Can you imagine nba.come putting that Chauncey flop on their front page, highlighting a stupid foul call by their refs?

charsace

I've been looking at some footage of Andrew Wiggins aka "Ender" today and I am stoked at the thought of what he'll do in the league. He has it all - attitude, IQ, athleticism, size, and skill. Player comparisons are almost always a useless measure of evaluation but Wiggins really does remind me of a young Kobe.

The next draft has a Lebron/Carmelo situation with Wiggins/Parker. Wiggins could be the best player in the league after 3 seasons. He improves every year.

Yeah, this draft class has a hell of a lot more good players than just Lillard, Davis, and MKG. Most of the guys taken in the mid-1st first have yet to even get an opportunity for consistent PT. There's no way you can write off all of those guys yet, much less the rest of the draft class that is getting playing time.

Yeah, this draft class has a hell of a lot more good players than just Lillard, Davis, and MKG. Most of the guys taken in the mid-1st first have yet to even get an opportunity for consistent PT. There's no way you can write off all of those guys yet, much less the rest of the draft class that is getting playing time.

John Henson and Tyler Zeller are getting close to starting after 15 games into the NBA and have been productive as well.

Bust.

Jeremy Lamb can't break into rotation of a title contender based around its perimeter play.

Bust.

Rivers plays legendarily bad after a bad college career despite a ton of opportunity.

Just needs more confidence.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Austin Rivers getting shit on like this is probably the best thing to ever happen to him.

I don't think he'll suck forever - just until the end of his rookie contract, then he can be the new Flip Murray

That's just bad drafting. Raptors could've picked Iguodala and Aldridge/Roy but instead they pick Rafael Arugula and Garbagenani.

Omega

Banned
Haters showing their age in this tread. Jordan averaged more minutes and FGA per game than Kobe. 2 more shots a game and 2 more minutes per game. Jordan damn near played whole games with his 38 MPG.

Not only that but people act like Kobe is just chucking...lmao he's a career 45 percent FG shooter right now and is averaging 49% on the year. Lebron actually averages more shots per game than Kobe despite not being on his level as a scorer (at least for the vast majority of his career, 2012 and on Bron is pretty boss).

this is why stats are deceiving.

Sure Kobe shoots 45%, I'd also go as far to say that 45% of his attempts have been chuck ups.

Call them Kobe assists if you want, they're still fucking chuck ups. There's a reason pictures like this exist.

Dude is a great player don't get me wrong but let's not act like Kobe doesn't force shots or hasn't shot his team out of games.

Top Bottom