• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season |OT|Runnin' in da mouf of Serg Abaka daily.

You guys are the reason that, even though I'm moving to Florida, I will NOT become a Magic or Heat fan (I'll be living 25 miles away from Amway Center in Windermere).

I pledge allegiance, to my Knicks, of the National Basketball Association. One team. Under Woodson. Indivisible (except if they let us trade Amare).

Even if you moved to another state, it shouldn't be an excuse for you to change sides now that there's league pass. Plus, there's a lot of NYers that have moved to Florida, so you shouldn't feel alone.

The most important game of the season tonight, folks.

Tonight is the night the Knicks get to prove whether they're real contenders or complete frauds. Everything hangs in the balance tonight...for them. This game means nothing and says nothing of the Heat, other than we're still world champions of the basketball world, baby!

If the Knicks lose tonight, their fans are gonna face months upon months of wholly justified ridicule, particularly from the Heat contingent. If they win, they can slot their name in next to the Grizzlies, Lakers and Spurs, a few notches below Miami, as teams that think they have a chance of winning it all, but realistically don't.

The narrative has already been written. It's almost time to ball, y'all. PEACE.

if we lose tonight i wont even be mad since we already took a shit on your chest this season. i look forward to doing it again though

bluemax

Banned
I was once Konex on here in 2001 or so but I got banned for trolling Nintendo fans. I came back as Cloudystrife with an alt account and later had a mod make it Cloudy after they unbanned me the 2nd time lol

In Madden GAF Konex is known as Rollex, because every time he'd pass he'd immediately roll out to his right. He's among the list of cheesy legendary GAF Madden players like Ando, Birdbomb and Vumpler.

The Konex sports curse is very real and very dangerous. I had a Konex curse related tag at one point.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
The ps2 vs. dreamcast, anti-xbox and gamecube drought trolling was epic. Back then, most trolls did it with humor and it made for very entertaining threads

edit: Speaking of epic trolls, I remember Alphasnake catching some anti-xbox (claiming to have one while bashing it) troll red-handed. I laughed so hard that day :) Damn, that must have been more than 11 years ago...

edit2: I didn't say anything about the Knicks on twitter lol

Yep, it was Gigadent. One of GAF's most epic threads courtesy of me.

I actually was never sure you were Konex since you did deny it for the longest time. Hah, this may be the first full confession.

That's grand.

AlphaSnake

Even if you moved to another state, it shouldn't be an excuse for you to change sides now that there's league pass. Plus, there's a lot of NYers that have moved to Florida, so you shouldn't feel alone.

Oh I know. The bars in Winter Park, Baldwin, and D-Town have more Knick fans than Magic fans. Imagine you're 4 blocks away from Amway, and there's tons of Knick fans cheering. Hahahaha

AlphaSnake

I've had the same tag for 7 years now. I actually picked it too when the Chappelle Show was at its end.

charsace

The most important game of the season tonight, folks.

Tonight is the night the Knicks get to prove whether they're real contenders or complete frauds. Everything hangs in the balance tonight...for them. This game means nothing and says nothing of the Heat, other than we're still world champions of the basketball world, baby!

If the Knicks lose tonight, their fans are gonna face months upon months of wholly justified ridicule, particularly from the Heat contingent. If they win, they can slot their name in next to the Grizzlies, Lakers and Spurs, a few notches below Miami, as teams that think they have a chance of winning it all, but realistically don't.

The narrative has already been written. It's almost time to ball, y'all. PEACE.

Tonight we go 2-0 against you this season.

My tag was given to me for my fair, no-nonsense, unbiased posting style.

Truly, I was a shining beacon for other NBA-GAFfers to look up to.

EDIT: Full list

Be honest about my team's chances/situation
Obeying the laws of the thread and challenging unfair ones
Using proper language
Abstain from drugs
Participate regularly in Sports discussions
Posting without trolling
Abstaining from horrible insults
Respecting my fellow sane NBA-GAFfers
Encourage others in their commitment to comply with the Jimmer Code

exarkun

In Madden GAF Konex is known as Rollex, because every time he'd pass he'd immediately roll out to his right. He's among the list of cheesy legendary GAF Madden players like Ando, Birdbomb and Vumpler.

The Konex sports curse is very real and very dangerous. I had a Konex curse related tag at one point.

Add Smokey to that shit, with his dumb 7 step drops or quick screens. Which were actually the same thing with that kind of drop.

My tag was given to me for my fair, no-nonsense, unbiased posting style.

Truly, I was a shining beacon for other NBA-GAFfers to look up to.

Posting without trolling.
Respecting my fellow sane NBA-GAFfers.
Abstaining from horrible insults.

Carmleo-Anthony-Olympic-Salute-600x406.jpg

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
I had a different tag before. Something about Kevin McHale. Blackace changed it when he got fired because he never believed in Kevin Love.

I had a different tag before. Something about Kevin McHale. Blackace changed it when he got fired because he never believed in Kevin Love.
You can look back on that and smile bigtime. Love/Rubio/"Non", Shved looking ok off the bench... still need a SF/SG but that team has a nice future.

Tonight we go 2-0 against you this season.

Remember when LeBron and the Cavs went 3-0 against the Spurs then got swept in the Finals? I think Knicks fan should focus on how they play rather then if they win or not. If they come out with high energy and battle all game long then that would be a really good sign for the team. If they just lay over and half ass it well then.....

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
You can look back on that and smile bigtime. Love/Rubio/"Non", Shved looking ok off the bench... still need a SF/SG but that team has a nice future.

Yeah, thanks. Of course, two of those guys are McHale draft picks. And David Kahn, well ... he's lucky Sacramento passed on Ricky.

bluemax

Banned
Add Smokey to that shit, with his dumb 7 step drops or quick screens. Which were actually the same thing with that kind of drop.

While The Smokey Dropback was at one time a very legendary thing, he cleaned up his act after being exposed on his own Livestream.

melo joked about the fine last night. id rather him sit and heal instead of risking making it worse. we need him for the long run.

chris copeland time. bench will need to step up huge tonight. maybe jr smith will still be on last nights high and have a good game tonight?

chris copeland time. bench will need to step up huge tonight. maybe jr smith will still be on last nights high and have a good game tonight?
You know I like this. Knicks are going to lose (uness Miami BSes the whole game), might as well give Copeland an audition at PF. Knicks need to see what he can do before Amar'e returns.

BobLoblaw

Banned
jr and felton need to step up. felton also needs to get tyson involved on offense.
Tyson? His game revolves around alley oops, rolling to the basket off screens, and rebound clean up. Not sure how he can be involved other than what he normally does.

And for those complaining about the fine, how many of the Spurs sat out because of being injured or having stitches? None? Ok. Get over it. It's not the same.

Tyson? His game revolves around alley oops, rolling to the basket off screens, and rebound clean up. Not sure how he can be involved other than what he normally does.

And for those complaining about the fine, how many of the Spurs sat out because of being injured or having stitches? None? Ok. Get over it. It's not the same.

yea but he has been doing great on offense lately.

Pimpwerx

No Melo? No difference. This is a no excuses, no nonsense, lunch pail, hard hat, disability check Knicks team, that plays better without Chuckasaurus Rex. Contenders or embarrassing frauds? Tonight, and tonight alone, will decide it all. [Bart Scott]Can't wait![/Bart Scott] PEACE.

Alot of the Knicks' 3-point prowess revolves around Carmelo drawing attention and great ball movement afterwards, also Felton JANK DRIBBLE confusing opponents.

I suddenly see a 9-for-35 day in the future tonight for NY.
No Melo? No difference. This is a no excuses, no nonsense, lunch pail, hard hat, disability check Knicks team, that plays better without Chuckasaurus Rex. Contenders or embarrassing frauds? Tonight, and tonight alone, will decide it all. [Bart Scott]Can't wait![/Bart Scott] PEACE.
what_are_you_talking_about.gif

Heat fan people.

hahaha you feel guilty about this game without melo i can tell. You realize the only reason we won that one playoff game was because of melo right?

pbT6k.gif

Top Bottom