• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season |OT|Runnin' in da mouf of Serg Abaka daily.

OZZ5T.jpg

So Carroll pulls down Griffin and it's a flop.

The homer Jazz announcers saw the replay and didn't even acknowledge the contact. Looks like there's an optometrist shortage in Utar.

Okay Jizz fans.

The problem with Wall is that he's potentially the best sg in the league and he's wasting time playing out of position.

You don't casually drop 8 APG as a rook/soph with some of the worst players in the league and then switch to SG.

I get how effective he can be with his slashing, and in theory his potential playing off the ball...but he's a point.

The next draft has a Lebron/Carmelo situation with Wiggins/Parker. Wiggins could be the best player in the league after 3 seasons. He improves every year.

Be worst in the end for Wiggins
Play sorry for Jabari

Vahagn

this is why stats are deceiving.

Sure Kobe shoots 45%, I'd also go as far to say that 45% of his attempts have been chuck ups.

Call them Kobe assists if you want, they're still fucking chuck ups. There's a reason pictures like this exist.

Dude is a great player don't get me wrong but let's not act like Kobe doesn't force shots or hasn't shot his team out of games.

Everyone knows Kobe shoots unnecessarily difficult shots at times. And everyone knows, that especially of late, Kobe has shot his team out of some games. The response is, so what?

MJ's most memorable moment was probably his game winner over Utah in game 6.

He shot 35 shots, Made 15 of them. That's the typical Kobe is chucking box score. Karl Malone melted down, MJ got away with an offensive foul and made the last shot. Stockton's game winner didn't go in. All is forgotten.

Shit happens, Kobe chucks and it hurts sometimes...but so do other great scorers.

Canuck76

Banned
Admittedly I haven't watched many NO games (who has?) but based on last night's game he's not terrible at all.

He's become incredibly passive, and incredibly reluctant to shoot the ball. Which isn't good. But every time he put the ball on the floor he was getting into the teeth of the defense. He was the only guard on that team that was able to do any kind of penetration, and several of Ryno's looks came from his penetration.

He'll be fine, he just needs to get his confidence back. He's only putting up 7 shots a game. Dude is clearly rattled right now.

Yeah, main problem i see with him is he get's way too 3-ball happy. When he puts the ball down and drives he'll get decent penetration. He's had some decent games this season, so i don't think you can write him off as a bust yet.

And also he's been getting different messages about being a PG or an SG. He just needs to be an SG and gain some muscle and work on his jumper.

Like DY said, judging a player through 20 some games is a bit ridiculous. I'm going to reserve full bust status until middle of next season. If he hasn't improved at all, then yeah we'll know for sure then.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Everyone knows Kobe shoots unnecessarily difficult shots at times. And everyone knows, that especially of late, Kobe has shot his team out of some games. The response is, so what?

MJ's most memorable moment was probably his game winner over Utah in game 6.

He shot 35 shots, Made 15 of them. That's the typical Kobe is chucking box score. Karl Malone melted down, MJ got away with an offensive foul and made the last shot. Stockton's game winner didn't go in. All is forgotten.

Shit happens, Kobe chucks and it hurts sometimes...but so do other great scorers.
If you are 17

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I was once Konex on here in 2001 or so but I got banned for trolling Nintendo fans. I came back as Cloudystrife with an alt account and later had a mod make it Cloudy after they unbanned me the 2nd time lol

The best thing is you had a tag that said Konex for awhile

Cloudy

Banned
I remember Cloudy being ridiculed all the time on the gaming side because he liked cutscenes

I was ahead of the times. Little did they know that all the best games would become more cinematic :)

The Xenosaga hate on the gaming side was just ridiculous back then lol

The best thing is you had a tag that said Konex for awhile

Yep

OH what the fuck, the Mavs have to embarrass themselves on national television again? I can't watch it, my heart isn't ready for another disappointment.

Cloudy

Banned
y not ask for a name change?

I had a Cloud Strife avatar for a long time so it fit. Also, I was a notorious anti-Ninty troll and the Nintendo fans were VERY defensive back then. No need to derail a thread just by posting in it lol

Man, it was so fun being a troll. Really made my boring intern days go by fast. Funny thing is that I had owned N64 and Gamecube myself so I was just a disgruntled former Ninty fan :p

Gaming gaf was humbled a couple of years back. The trolling and console white knights were ridiculous. The mods banned most of the trolls though. They'll go through another round of banning once the inevitable rabble starts again when new consoles are announced and we'll be left with naught but calm discourse.

It shall be dubbed gafs Nirvana.

Pimpwerx

The most important game of the season tonight, folks.

Tonight is the night the Knicks get to prove whether they're real contenders or complete frauds. Everything hangs in the balance tonight...for them. This game means nothing and says nothing of the Heat, other than we're still world champions of the basketball world, baby!

If the Knicks lose tonight, their fans are gonna face months upon months of wholly justified ridicule, particularly from the Heat contingent. If they win, they can slot their name in next to the Grizzlies, Lakers and Spurs, a few notches below Miami, as teams that think they have a chance of winning it all, but realistically don't.

The narrative has already been written. It's almost time to ball, y'all. PEACE.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack

I'm ready!

0dDHf.gif

Konex said the Knicks are going to win tonight on twitter.

You guys are the reason that, even though I'm moving to Florida, I will NOT become a Magic or Heat fan (I'll be living 25 miles away from Amway Center in Windermere).

I pledge allegiance, to my Knicks, of the National Basketball Association. One team. Under Woodson. Indivisible (except if they let us trade Amare).

Tonight is the night the Knicks get to prove whether they're real contenders or complete frauds. Everything hangs in the balance tonight...for them. This game means nothing and says nothing of the Heat, other than we're still world champions of the basketball world, baby!

If the Knicks lose tonight, their fans are gonna face months upon months of wholly justified ridicule, particularly from the Heat contingent. If they win, they can slot their name in next to the Grizzlies, Lakers and Spurs, a few notches below Miami, as teams that think they have a chance of winning it all, but realistically don't.

lol man.

there are three ways way win tonight

1.We play more than 2 minutes of defense

2.Depend on an allen dagger

3.Bron goes into cheat mode.

Our defense is so bad right now, i just don't see the need for all these close games we've been having this season.

Fox318

If the Knicks lose we all know who will represent the east.

Wizards

Cloudy

Banned
Gaming gaf was humbled a couple of years back. The trolling and console white knights were ridiculous.

The ps2 vs. dreamcast, anti-xbox and gamecube drought trolling was epic. Back then, most trolls did it with humor and it made for very entertaining threads

edit: Speaking of epic trolls, I remember Alphasnake catching some anti-xbox (claiming to have one while bashing it) troll red-handed. I laughed so hard that day :) Damn, that must have been more than 11 years ago...

edit2: I didn't say anything about the Knicks on twitter lol

3fK12.gif

Nori Chan

You guys are the reason that, even though I'm moving to Florida, I will NOT become a Magic or Heat fan (I'll be living 25 miles away from Amway Center in Windermere).

I pledge allegiance, to my Knicks, of the National Basketball Association. One team. Under Woodson. Indivisible (except if they let us trade Amare).
wat

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack

Hold on, my son...you mean that first game where the Heat lost by 20 doesn't count?

#Heat-nation twerkin it. Rewritting history.

You won't be able to resist after we get Wiggins

Top Bottom