• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season |OT|Runnin' in da mouf of Serg Abaka daily.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
People keep talking about Knicks 3 point shooting like it is the only reason we beat teams, or the main reason. I like that. Keep doing that.

MUCK FIAMI.
NY shoots more and makes more than any other team in the league.

The thing is for the "these 3's aren't sustainable" crowd.... these aren't ASSHOLE 3's. They're a result of good passing and ball movement, and most of them are wide open. Who on the team is a guy that is bad shooting 3s that is shooting them? Brewer may be the only guy like that. JR is streaky as Hell, Knicks fans know this. Outside of one occasional team shooting performance, I think it can be sustainable.

Wow just checked his stats, way worse 3-pt shooter than I realized.

i think his percentages would jump right up in LA, because he would be third option kind of guy that he's always been and hed be getting a ton of open looks. sort of like how kevin Martin is thriving in OKC, hes not asked to be much more than what he is, a catch a shoot guy whose the third option on a great team.

ISOM

The thing is for the "these 3's aren't sustainable" crowd.... these aren't ASSHOLE 3's. They're a result of good passing and ball movement, and most of them are wide open. Who on the team is a guy that is bad shooting 3s that is shooting them? Brewer may be the only guy like that. JR is streaky as Hell, Knicks fans know this. Outside of one occasional team shooting performance, I think it can be sustainable.

The thing is also that miami pretty much won the finals because of their three point shooting and the current miami team is set up for three point shooting kick outs. So for people to say it's not sustainable just because it's the knicks are insane tbh.

itQzsrztwi1HV.gif

high fives all around knicks-age. i still found it hilarious how loud some of the "lets go knicks" chants were during the game. best away support? best away support.

i8mHwA9CU9meo.gif

h3ro

But they're open looks secondary to the ball movement and are higher percentage shots than a contested off balance layup or random fall-away ten footer.

It was a great win.

Pimpwerx

The thing is also that miami pretty much won the finals because of their three point shooting and the current miami team is set up for three point shooting kick outs. So for people to say it's not sustainable just because it's the knicks are insane tbh.

How many guys are shooting above their career averages? I know this was the case early in the season, and that's where this "not sustainable" argument came from. I'm not sure if that's still the case. PEACE.

But they're open looks secondary to the ball movement and are higher percentage shots than a contested off balance layup or random fall-away ten footer.

It was a great win.

yea it's open looks. i still hope they go inside more but if it works then it's ok.

Yep. We shoot wide open 3's off of ball movement. Our 2 PG lineup is beautiful.

exactly. aside from sheed and sometimes JR, im comfortable with everyone else shooting up 3s. brewer also looks more comfortable shooting from beyond the arc than inside as well. we got a bunch of long distance shooters and combined with the ball movement and finding the open man, this gets deadly.

were a much different team than we were this past spring. improved on just about every front. as much as i like lin, im glad we got rid of him. having 3 solid PGs with 2 on the floor at any given time has worked wonders.

Pkaz01

yess boos lol this is great tank continues and this bullshit money back guarantee isn't going to help. Fingers crossed desperate sarver sells the team

fuck u mavericks we just fixed him

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
They also defend pretty well.
And also turn the ball over very little.
But yeah, threes.

They don't defend that well - but they do protect the ball at an above average level (which is why its important that Kidd spells Ray before Ray loses his fucking mind from having too many free minutes) which has cascading effects.

Any three that doesn't come from Melo, Kidd, or Novak's hand is a suspect 3 on that team. A lot of those guys you don't want to be comfortable shooting the three for obvious reasons.

This Suns team is just depressing. They may not have a single long-term player on their roster. They're going to be lose 55 games while playing 8 veterans and Marcus Morris.

charsace

They don't defend that well - but they do protect the ball at an above average level (which is why its important that Kidd spells Ray before Ray loses his fucking mind from having too many free minutes) which has cascading effects.

Any three that doesn't come from Melo, Kidd, or Novak's hand is a suspect 3 on that team. A lot of those guys you don't want to be comfortable shooting the three for obvious reasons.
The Knicks defend very well. Don't let the Bobkittens game fool you.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
The Knicks defend very well. Don't let the Bobkittens game fool you.

you could try to logic with these guys who have obvious not watched all season or you can just tell these haters to EAD...

Me I'm gonna tell them EAD

Dy your cool... but ead

Pkaz01

This Suns team is just depressing. They may not have a single long-term player on their roster. They're going to be lose 55 games while playing 8 veterans and Marcus Morris.

You are just hating on the trade pieces the front office has collected for the next big superstar trade!

pilonv1

If Gortat had a longer contract you could keep around him since he's a steal at $7million a year. Their cap management as a whole looks strange, paying nearly $15million to Dudley, Scola and Beasley. They're just lucky they were able to amnesty Childress, who would be getting $7million a year until 14/15.

If Gortat had a longer contract you could keep around him since he's a steal at $7million a year.

That's true, but he's going to get big money in 2014 (a time which the Suns rebuilding probably will have just actually started) so I don't think he's going to stick around either.

I have to wonder how the fans get excited to go to the games with no winning and no good prospects that could make exciting plays to give hope about winning.

Pkaz01

That's true, but he's going to get big money in 2014 (a time which the Suns rebuilding probably will have just actually started) so I don't think he's going to stick around either.

I have to wonder how the fans get excited to go to the games with no winning and no good prospects that could make exciting plays to give hope about winning.

guaranteed tacos because no defense will be played

Lime

SMH. Knicks Age never learn. LOL! PEACE.

The most important game of the season tonight, folks.

Tonight is the night the Knicks get to prove whether they're real contenders or complete frauds. Everything hangs in the balance tonight...for them. This game means nothing and says nothing of the Heat, other than we're still world champions of the basketball world, baby!

If the Knicks lose tonight, their fans are gonna face months upon months of wholly justified ridicule, particularly from the Heat contingent. If they win, they can slot their name in next to the Grizzlies, Lakers and Spurs, a few notches below Miami, as teams that think they have a chance of winning it all, but realistically don't.

The narrative has already been written. It's almost time to ball, y'all. PEACE.

Top Bottom