• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Nov NBA Season |OT2| Westbrook demands a trade to Grinnell College

Status
Not open for further replies.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
so apparently a big section of time warner arena was giving mullens some super-sarcastic mvp chants during the 4th quarter

this is good bad and weird

ibgCjcTWaZyUj.gif

If Shaq ever hit me that hard I would go flying

DY_nasty

Wait

Mitch didn't have a firesale on Black Friday? But I've got all these basketball reasons saved up...

J.J. Hickson with that "suck it bestgaf" line of 14pts and 13 rebounds.

Also Wes Mathews with a clutch 30pts, especially some great fadeaway shots down the line. I'd still like for this team to draft an SG with their 1st, hopefully shabazz, more likely archie goodwin to pair with lillard going forward.

screen_shot_2012-11-20_at_10.36.49_am.0_standard_709.0.png

Cousteau

Ran into Greg Oden last night at Dave n Busters.Someone told him to be careful if he was gonna play the Dance Dance Revolution game.

Flash

is Derrick Williams really that bad? or is he not getting the opportunity with Adelman? his confidence must be shot.

J.J. Hickson with that "suck it bestgaf" line of 14pts and 13 rebounds.

Also Wes Mathews with a clutch 30pts, especially some great fadeaway shots down the line. I'd still like for this team to draft an SG with their 1st, hopefully shabazz, more likely archie goodwin to pair with lillard going forward.

Goodwin will be a better pro than Shabazz. Calling it now.

bud23

is Derrick Williams really that bad? or is he not getting the opportunity with Adelman? his confidence must be shot.

I don´t think so. He is a good player, maybe not a star but definitely he can be an important player for the wolves.

Maybe people hopes too much from him, he is not Love, but with more confident from Adelman he could be an useful player in the rotation.

A relevant article that I read recently.
http://www.hoopsworld.com/is-minnesotas-derrick-williams-a-bust/

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!

He vacillates between floating around on the perimeter missing jumpshots and recklessly driving and missing around the basket (if he doesn't turn it over). His defense is terrible. He can't play small forward.

So because of that, he'll never get an opportunity under Adelman. If his shot isn't falling at an unusually high clip, he doesn't have much of a purpose out there. If Dante Cunningham isn't hitting, at least he's really active defensively.

DY_nasty

He vacillates between floating around on the perimeter missing jumpshots and recklessly driving and missing around the basket (if he doesn't turn it over). His defense is terrible. He can't play small forward.

So because of that, he'll never get an opportunity under Adelman. If his shot isn't falling at an unusually high clip, he doesn't have much of a purpose out there. If Dante Cunningham isn't hitting, at least he's really active defensively.

That's what I'm seeing now too. He can't even make the easy stuff look easy. He still thinks he's on fire from the tournament - those days are never coming back.

Piecake

Yup, he doesnt know how to play team basketball, and that is the quickest way to get you benched under Adelman

Sure, Love and Pek arent the best at team basketball either, but they make up for it in stupidly good scoring efficiency, rebounds, and spacing.

Williams can't finish, cant shoot, is a mediocre rebounder and poor defender. And to make matters worse, he plays hero ball

Dante Cunnignham is simply a better basketball player by a good margin

he's got a big ugly schnozz too

And wets his bed

charsace

Derrick Williams problem is that he's soft and thinks he's a star. Same problem Turner has.

Yup, he doesnt know how to play team basketball, and that is the quickest way to get you benched under Adelman

Sure, Love and Pek arent the best at team basketball either, but they make up for it in stupidly good scoring efficiency, rebounds, and spacing.

Williams can't finish, cant shoot, is a mediocre rebounder and poor defender. And to make matters worse, he plays hero ball

Dante Cunnignham is simply a better basketball player by a good margin

And wets his bed
I disagree with what you say about Love and Pek. Both guys have their roles and at least attempt to do things on defense when they are called to do it. They both board to and don't need to dribble down the shot clock.

Piecake

Derrick Williams problem is that he's soft and thinks he's a star. Same problem Turner has.

I disagree with what you say about Love and Pek. Both guys have their roles and at least attempt to do things on defense when they are called to do it. They both board to and don't need to dribble down the shot clock.

Not the best doesnt mean they are bad at it. Like i said, scoring efficiency, rebounding, and spacing definitely makes up for it, but I do think the ball stops a bit too much when it gets to Pek, and especially Love, and the offense becomes stagnant

I really wasnt even talking about defense, but Love, and especially Pek, do try. Though they seriously need to improve on their hedging. Some of the hedging done in the Portland game was really bad, though with Ridnour guarding lillard that probabl wouldnt have mattered anyways...

AcridMeat

Banned
Saw the Warriors game last night. Paid refs, was horrible to watch. Did see Barnes make Igoudala look 90 years old though, that was great.

SamuraiX-

Fuck NBA TV for showing Jazz @ Kings over anything else tonight.

I can already watch that game on my local network! >:O

As a matter of fact, what's with ESPN/ABC not broadcasting any weekend games this time of year? Is it because of football?

Fuck the NFL.

Omega

Banned
Fuck NBA TV for showing Jazz @ Kings over anything else tonight.

I can already watch that game on my local network! >:O

As a matter of fact, what's with ESPN/ABC not broadcasting any weekend games this time of year? Is it because of football?

Fuck the NFL.

you mean fuck the NCAA because Merica loves to watch their college football.

There's like 15 games on right now.

and more to come..

So we were able to make our way from the 300 section down to around 12-13 rows from the court last night. In case anyone was wondering, damian lillard is incredibly fast in person. I gained a new level of respect for how blatant barea flops are, too.

pilonv1

Didn't Iggy beast in that game?

Yes but the Warriors had a bunch of stupid touch fouls and Jackson left people on with 4/5 fouls in the third. Too many Warriors play defense with their hands.

Rodeo, the wolves are going to win by 20 tonight, Love will get 30/30 again

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I'm going to do it guys

I'm going to pull out my 1 trick card and using it TONIGHT

The WASHINGTON WIZARDS will get dat first win TONIGHT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom