• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Nov NBA Season |OT2| Westbrook demands a trade to Grinnell College

Status
Not open for further replies.

etiolate

Banned
Smart took Thomas away from running the team like a PG and his game has suffered for it. (So has Cousins' game IMO.)

Brooks is better at being the mini-SG so now he starts. Jimmer's issue is that if he's coming off the bench, he needs to be able run the team. His ball handling isn't good enough to do that fulltime yet, and Thomas ability to run the team is much better. Jimmer is fine when Salmons or Reke play point-forward, but if its like Jimmer, Thornton and Johnson on the floor then there's ball handling issues.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Smart took Thomas away from running the team like a PG and his game has suffered for it. (So has Cousins' game IMO.)

Brooks is better at being the mini-SG so now he starts. Jimmer's issue is that if he's coming off the bench, he needs to be able run the team. His ball handling isn't good enough to do that fulltime yet, and Thomas ability to run the team is much better. Jimmer is fine when Salmons or Reke play point-forward, but if its like Jimmer, Thornton and Johnson on the floor then there's ball handling issues.

Smart is a horrible coach

Pau is clearly the odd man out on this team. He's killing the spacing on offense (we need a PF who just camps at the 3 to give Dwight and Kobe room)

We got what you need.

andrea-bargnani-all-star-300x135.jpg

Canuck76

Banned
It is Andrew Wiggins or /franchise.
Lebron scenario all over again.

Fans wouldn't care how much the team sucks.

If you get Wiggins it's Canada's Lebron.

Hell, i'd watch as a patriotic Canadian. I don't know if they can get the #2 pick in 14 though even with all these young guys. Maybe keep terrence jones and valuncias and trade everyone else. But is even that enough?

Have no Idea what pau is doing on offense so far. He's passed up good looks for stupid passes.

Hill not doing well either. No energy so far.

etiolate

Banned
I've seen people here defending him a lot though.

I'm completely not sold on the guy.

Bring in Mac 10 ASAP! (Maloofs would never pay).

I don't think Smart is terrible, but I'm viewing this from the perspective of a guy who just watched Paul Westphal, Kenny Natt and Eric Musselman coach the team. My standards have dropped pretty far. He's still not a coach that will turn the team around. The best thing he's done is rescue Cousins from the doghouse. The next best thing is realize that Thomas should be running the show and not Reke, but now he's gone back to Tyreke-ball. I am wondering if its to up Evans trade value and in that scenario it certainly is working as Tyreke's stats have improved.

Canuck76

Banned
I don't think Smart is terrible, but I'm viewing this from the perspective of a guy who just watched Paul Westphal, Kenny Natt and Eric Musselman coach the team. My standards have dropped pretty far. He's still not a coach that will turn the team around. The best thing he's done is rescue Cousins from the doghouse. The next best thing is realize that Thomas should be running the show and not Reke, but now he's gone back to Tyreke-ball. I am wondering if its to up Evans trade value and in that scenario it certainly is working as Tyreke's stats have improved.

Haven't watched much Sacramento, but can one coach fix that mess?

They're talented but Cousins and Reke are black holes on offense right? And Thornton ain't called the bayo bomber for nothing. I don't know if a single coach can get them clicking. Sac fans would know more than me though

Blackace

I've seen people here defending him a lot though.

I'm completely not sold on the guy.

Bring in Mac 10 ASAP! (Maloofs would never pay).
Mac 10 wouldn't cost that much I would think
How about I just send you a nice gift basket full of dicks?
This is why Zeke needs to get out

Never trust a city that sells cock baskets

Smart has no idea what he wants to do and it shows

etiolate

Banned
Smart has no idea what he wants to do and it shows

He SORT OF had an idea in preseason but it was a bad idea. It was basically to play more defense, but that Nellie D where you try to swipe for steals and run. The other half of that idea was that the team had players at all positions who could take the ball and then lead the break the other way.

While the defense has improved some, the "anyone lead the break" idea has been a disaster.

Blackace

He SORT OF had an idea in preseason but it was a bad idea. It was basically to play more defense, but that Nellie D where you try to swipe for steals and run. The other half of that idea was that the team had players at all positions who could take the ball and then lead the break the other way.

While the defense has improved some, the "anyone lead the break" idea has been a disaster.
He is basically Nellie with less knowledge of how to use his roster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom