• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Nov NBA Season |OT2| Westbrook demands a trade to Grinnell College

Status
Not open for further replies.

giri

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cxnvtka

Who says no?

Nene, Iggy, Gallo to LAL
Millsap, Ariza, Gasol , Jordan Crawford to Denver
Faried and Mozgov to Utah
World Peace and Steve Blake to the Wizards

Trade machine shows the Nuggets as the only losers, but its not like they have a chance at doing jack shit right now anyway, and I don't see how they don't improve...Iggys defense is slightly offset by RZA's defense, and offensively you're gaining more than you're losing with Crawford, Gasol and Millsap.

Faried/Favors combo in Utah.

As for the Lakers--Gallo starts at the 4 with Iggy at the 3. If they have to go big bring in Nene, who can be healthy enough to be present for the rare times that small ball isn't working.

Wiz get rid of Nenes contract and Steve Blakes a local guy. Artest probably kills someone or gets locked up in DC, but whatever.

everyone involved says no.

Oh wait, can we trade VDN? I think I'd take just about any coach over him... maybe even Mike Brown. Ideally, I'd want a coach that has some sort of backbone and not one that relies on his stars to make all the decisions for him. Seeing him stand up to criticize the Clipper that just committed a foul only to sit back down once he saw that it was Chris Paul was just pathetic. I love Chris Paul, but if you harp on the role players and never say anything to the stars, none of the players are going to respect you.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Oh wait, can we trade VDN? I think I'd take just about any coach over him... maybe even Mike Brown. Ideally, I'd want a coach that has some sort of backbone and not one that relies on his stars to make all the decisions for him. Seeing him stand up to criticize the Clipper that just committed a foul only to sit back down once he saw that it was Chris Paul was just pathetic. I love Chris Paul, but if you harp on the role players and never say anything to the stars, none of the players are going to respect you.

Be careful what you wish for.

lbsuit.jpg

Lets have a serious discussion about the Raptors. Obviously defense is non-existent. Our options are:

A. Clear the entire team and start from scratch (Its the players fault for being bad)
B. Fire Dwayne Casey (It isnt the players that are bad, it is him)
C. Do nothing (Be terrible for 15 more years or until the world ends)

CP3, Chauncey and Grant Hill are the real coaches of that team.

ISOM

You won't like Mike Brown then.

Lets have a serious discussion about the Raptors. Obviously defense is non-existent. Our options are:

A. Clear the entire team and start from scratch (Its the players fault for being bad)

D. Bargnani's fault.

uhh.lol.
nevermind. go for it.
i hear mike brown works his players like dogs in practice.
just ask pau gasol.

fns.gif

Get rid of Garbageani and Clownangelo

problem solved

You won't like Mike Brown then.

Right, that's why I said maybe on him. I think he'd be marginally better than VDN, but he's the only candidate I could potentially see being worse. Still, it's a moot point since it would take some serious tanking for VDN to get fired before the end of the year.

Edit: To be clear, the entire point of "Ideally, I'd want a coach that has some sort of backbone and not one that relies on his stars to make all the decisions for him" is to explain why I'd be hesitant about Mike Brown.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
To be fair it is the Raptors we are talking about. Lin could average 50 and 20 if he faced the Raptors every day.

True, Raptors are truly awful.

"Harden scoring, Lin fucking wit dat double-double

Goddamn, when they play even decently its fun to watch.

Asik bringing the double-double too!

true. hes been terrible. hes shot over 45% from the field in just 6 out of 14 games this year.

Yea he is an average player, but aside from one game there are many other more pressing issues with the team. I agree with you in a sense, but everyone likes to point fingers at Bargnani and dont like to talk about how bad Casey has coached this year or how Lowry has taken terrible shots to lose us the game 4 times (maybe casey told him to do it I am unsure)

Yea he is an average player, but aside from one game there are many other more pressing issues with the team

He's not an average player. If he were an average player I'd be fine with him. But he shoots a terrible % for his position. He can't rebound. He's a ball stopper. He can't play team D. He has poor court awareness. He generally acts like he doesn't give a fuck. His presence holds back any development for Davis. And he still gets minutes and the offence run through him no matter what. He is absolutely at the centre of the team's problems.

He's not an average player. If he were an average player I'd be fine with him. But he shoots a terrible % for his position. He can't rebound. He's a ball stopper. He can't play team D. He has poor court awareness. He generally acts like he doesn't give a fuck. His presence holds back any development for Davis. And he still gets minutes and the offence run through him no matter what. He is absolutely at the centre of the team's problems.

Well either way we need him to get last in the league this year. If we get 4 pick or higher, the franchise is done :(

Raptors shooting 52% down by 24, impressive really.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Toney Douglas comes in and game starts to go to shit for the Rockets :| fucking scrub.

Cook :O lol

linsivvi

I've got the perfect candidate for you.

280px-Isiah_Thomas.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom