• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Nov NBA Season |OT2| Westbrook demands a trade to Grinnell College

Status
Not open for further replies.

masud

Banned
iuFMFIAxxfjJE.PNG

I hate you for even pretending that Carters going to the Knicks.
One way or another, Knick Vince Carter seems like a cosmic inevitability. Is there any way it doesn't happen at some point?

You wanna throw down bro?

mhi

I would say the Lakers are suffering from an identity crisis. Caused by the constant personnel change.

next on LA's schedule:
Denver, Orlando, Houston, Nawlins, OKC.

Im hoping the Magic have it in them to have the game of the season against Dwight, but even then they still gunna get that beatdown.

Denver and OKC gunna be entertaining, especially now that the Nuggets dont look like hot shit anymore.

mhi

now is a pretty good time to consider Pau for Amare. Not sure if his stock can drop any lower.

But it can also go higher, the same of which can't be said for Amare.

I don't see this trade. Especially if the Lakers still wanna make a run at a 2014 free agent.

Truphenom

But it can also go higher, the same of which can't be said for Amare.

I don't see this trade. Especially if the Lakers still wanna make a run at a 2014 free agent.

I'm sure Nash can help him look a lot better and put him in his preferred spots. If Nash is still out for a while though, patience might run out from Antoni.

We've been over this and reached the conclusion: Include Novak and/or Shump or FUKDAKNIQS

Lol. Amare, White and a 2nd rounder. Amare can start or come off the bench, and Dwight won't have to worry about losing rebounds to him.

Lol. Amare, White and a 2nd rounder. Amare can start or come off the bench, and Dwight won't have to worry about losing rebounds to him.

No one is drooling over Amare, Lakers don't give a fuck about a 2nd rounder and who the fuck is White?

Sitting Pau until his contract is up and going after a free agent to pair with Howard is a better option than taking Amare.

You seem to underestimate how terrible Amare and his contract is, especially for a team poised to have tons of cap space in a season and a half.

I'm sure Nash can help him look a lot better and put him in his preferred spots. If Nash is still out for a while though, patience might run out from Antoni.

chill white is decent, amare for pau or no deal.

chill white is decent, amare for pau or no deal.

lol, I love this sentiment.

-I'll give you this turd for half of your cookie
-How about half your brownie and a turd for half my cookie?
-Turd for cookie straight up or no deal.

Yea, every GM in the league is gonna have a hard time walking away from the table.

I would say the Lakers are suffering from an identity crisis. Caused by the constant personnel change.

I'd say that the "Twin Towers" thing is pretty clearly a failure.

It never really worked even for the Lakers two chips. Bynum was barely functional for the first chip and he never closed games in Phils system. The Lakers chip winning front court was Lamar/Pau.

And it's pretty clear that Paus true position is center. He's done his best work there. He said it himself--he likes to work in the post where he can utilize his passing abilities and post skills.

The problem is that you need to move Pau for guys that have two year contracts at most, all while fitting the system. There are like 3 all-star stretch 4's--Love, Aldridge and Dirk, and clearly none of them can be had.

The best they can do is lose starting lineup strength and go for a lot of decent depth. It would probably take a 3 team deal at a minimum to work, but options are out there.

The Lakers need athleticism and shooting. They don't need Stat. If they hadn't traded away all of their picks they could trade for someone decent to fill those roles. They don't have any picks though and the only player on their roster they could trade, Pau, would only be useful for teams that are in win now mode like the Lakers are; i.e. the Celtics, Spurs, Nets, and Knicks.

Truphenom

No one is drooling over Amare, Lakers don't give a fuck about a 2nd rounder and who the fuck is White?

Sitting Pau until his contract is up and going after a free agent to pair with Howard is a better option than taking Amare.

You seem to underestimate how terrible Amare and his contract is, especially for a team poised to have tons of cap space in a season and a half.

No, I know exactly how terrible it is. Problem is Pau is starting to look just as bad when the end game is a title. A lot of Amare's flaws would get hidden in LA, and it's fun to dream of a team wanting to take him. White is an athletic player who would look like the next Shannon Brown to yall. I think it's a steal lol.

The Lakers need athleticism and shooting. They don't need Stat. If they hadn't traded away all of their picks they could trade for someone decent to fill those roles. They don't have any picks though and the only player on their roster they could trade, Pau, would only be useful for teams that are in win now mode like the Lakers are; i.e. the Celtics, Spurs, Nets, and Knicks.

JHill is on a good deal, would hate to see him go though. Sacre is an interesting prospect, really rough around the edges still.

LA probably does something by allstar break if things haven't worked themselves out.

Flash

Bring back Bickerstaff as head coach? lol

Pau's decline this year is just... at least before he started the year off great and just progressively declined (presumably because of fatigue). This year the guy looks like he's just done.

No, I know exactly how terrible it is. Problem is Pau is starting to look just as bad when the end game is a title. A lot of Amare's flaws would get hidden in LA, and it's fun to dream of a team wanting to take him. White is an athletic player who would look like the next Shannon Brown to yall. I think it's a steal lol.

Obviously you don't. You think you do, but you don't.

Beyond his atrocious D and vomit inducing contract, Amare is no guarantee to even suit up. When he does suit up, more likely than not you wish he hadn't.

Worst contract in the league by far. Only Novak and/or Shump will make that swap even remotely interesting.

KingKong

Just accept that the Lakers aren't going to be a contender until they're done with Kobe and Pau's contracts and try to rebuild around Dwight

They have no flexibility and no picks, so unless you can trade Pau for an elite player or 3-4 good shooters/defenders, this is it

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Just accept that the Lakers aren't going to be a contender until they're done with Kobe and Pau's contracts and try to rebuild around Dwight

They have no flexibility and no picks, so unless you can trade Pau for an elite player or 3-4 good shooters/defenders, this is it

So then what makes you think Dwight is going to stay around for a rebuild?

JHill is on a good deal, would hate to see him go though. Sacre is an interesting prospect, really rough around the edges still.

LA probably does something by allstar break if things haven't worked themselves out.

Hill is definitely tradeable, but I wouldn't be willing to deal him if I were Mitch unless the deal was too good to pass up. Sacre needs to play before he can accrue any trade value though.

mhi

There gonna resign Kobe. He is not gonna retire and his not playing anywhere else. As far as their 4 spot, just bring in someone who can run and shoot the 3. That's it. Some said it's probably gonna be a 3 team deal, and I could see that.

In the meantime, they should start Antwan at the 4 while they wait from Nash to get back.

Truphenom

Obviously you don't. You think you do, but you don't.

Beyond his atrocious D and vomit inducing contract, Amare is no guarantee to even suit up. When he does suit up, more likely than not you wish he hadn't.

Worst contract in the league by far. Only Novak and/or Shump will make that swap even remotely interesting.

Not sure there's a lot of teams in a position to offer the Lakers an impact player to replace Pau. Not at that salary anyway.

KingKong

There gonna resign Kobe. He is not gonna retire and his not playing anywhere else. As far as their 4 spot, just bring in someone who can run and shoot the 3. That's it. Some said it's probably gonna be a 3 team deal, and I could see that.

In the meantime, they should start Antwan at the 4 while they wait from Nash to get back.

Well they might resign him because of how much money he would make them, but that wouldn't be good for the team. He's going to be 36, what kind of contract will he get? For how long? Will he be the primary scorer?

He already had the injury.

Maybe, only time will tell if his back gets worse or starts to effect his knees.

Not sure there's a lot of teams in a position to offer the Lakers an impact player to replace Pau. Not at that salary anyway.

That's fine. But just because a shitty deal is all thats on the table, doesn't mean you take it. Making the Amare deal would be worse for the lakers presently and going forward.

I can see Grunfeld being desperate enough to go for the type of trade the Lakers need.

Okafor
Booker
Ariza
Crawford

for

Pau
Meeks
Ebanks

That actually could work out decent for both teams I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom