• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Nov NBA Season |OT2| Westbrook demands a trade to Grinnell College

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omega

Banned
Lol, that's so silly.

Dwight has 4-6 good years barring injury. Dude is only 26.

How is it silly? It's happening before your eyes. He's averaging like 14/8 in the last 5 games.
As opposed to being a 20/15 guy, he's barely an 18/10 guy. His numbers have fallen way down.

Yeah sure those are good numbers.. but not the numbers you need from your franchise player in the future.

Truphenom

Maybe, only time will tell if his back gets worse or starts to effect his knees.

That's fine. But just because a shitty deal is all thats on the table, doesn't mean you take it. Making the Amare deal would be worse for the lakers presently and going forward.

I can hope for the Lakers to take that lol. I'm hoping they panic trade him but there's probably no chance at that happening.

How is it silly? It's happening before your eyes. He's averaging like 14/8 in the last 5 games.
As opposed to being a 20/15 guy, he's barely an 18/10 guy. His numbers have fallen way down.

Yeah sure those are good numbers.. but not the numbers you need from your franchise player in the future.

You realize that he hasn't fully recovered from his surgery yet right?

Terrible deal man. Bad contracts and even worse players.

The Okafor and Ariza contracts expire at the same time Pau's contract does. They're all bad contracts, but the important part is they're equally as bad. Crawford and Booker are both young and could provide shooting and defense respectively. It's a good trade for the Lakers I think. It isn't nearly as good for the Wizards, but really what do they have to lose after the absolutely horrible start they've gotten off to?

inkcLeF1AOTfo.gif

ibeCauc6N4ruei.gif

linsivvi

I would say the Lakers are suffering from an identity crisis. Caused by the constant personnel change.

It's not constant. They made major changes this off season and that's it. The real culprit was the hiring of Mike Clown last season which leads to his firing 5 games in and a frantic search for a head coach with no training camp and barely any practice.

Had they been able to keep Jim Buss out of the head coach decision last season they might be in a much better place right now. There were multiple legit candidates that could take the job last summer.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Looks like Bogut won't be suiting up for quite awhile

Downplaying the severity of his injury wreaks of ownership trying to sell more tickets. Just shut him down for as long as it takes.

Dude what the fuck? The Warriors are looking shady as fuck:

This all seems to stem from the team claiming that he had minor arthroscopic surgery in April, a procedure that he says wasn't so minor.

The 7-footer said he had microfracture surgery, a much more serious procedure, and there's still way too much swelling to engage in strenuous activity.

The Warriors confirmed Tuesday that Bogut had microfracture surgery, about seven months after claiming an arthroscopic surgery "to clean out loose particles and bone spurs" was a success and he should "return to basketball-related activities" in July.

He had microfracture surgery in April and they wanted him to be back in JULY?!?!!

The fact that he even played 4 games at the beginning of the season is WTF.

Bigs just aren't long for this world anymore.

Pretty soon small ball will be the norm.

Looking at Cody Zeller wondering how strong his knees are.

mhi

GSW has drafted well, but their FO is really showing a lack of patience. IMO, they should 'take it easy' this yr as well and then make a run for the playoffs next year.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
if mitch the great can get ramon for luke walton.
then i have great hope some dumbfuck GM will get swindled into taking pau for an up and coming young big that can make 20footers.

exarkun

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8676129/nba-oklahoma-city-thunder-rolling-james-harden

Can Scotty Brooks develop talent? He has Perry Jones who is playing pretty decently (though im not sure how much that is Brooks), but then he sits Lamb and lets him play like 3-5 mins during a blowout? No reason to run Durant and Westbrook into the ground.

Make Lamb play the point since maynor has been ass while you have Martin and Perry at the 2 and 3. Smh brooks, gotta get bench minutes up when blowing people out by 40.

GSW has drafted well, but their FO is really showing a lack of patience. IMO, they should 'take it easy' this yr as well and then make a run for the playoffs next year.

FO isn't pressuring Bogut to come back at this point since they don't want to have another Curry situation (just rushing him to play limited minutes/downplaying the surgery was either a miscommunication or a shady attempt to bolster ticket sales- not like they need it though...W's fans fill the seats even when they suck). But even without Bogut, they've been pretty competitive so far and should be at least vying for a playoff seed (hopefully)...There's no reason for them to tank since I think the 1st round pick goes to Utah no matter what (I might be mistaken)..

if mitch the great can get ramon for luke walton.
then i have great hope some dumbfuck GM will get swindled into taking pau for an up and coming young big that can make 20footers.

Moving Pau for decent value would be the easiest move Mitch has had to make during his tenture when you look at his resume.

mhi

There's no reason for them to tank since I think the 1st round pick goes to Utah no matter what (I might be mistaken)..

So I guess they did plan on making the playoffs.

Good to hear Billups is back. Wonder what that does to Blodsoe' minutes. They really should trade him.

He wasn't even supposed to be playing til January and is actually ahead of schedule. Slow your roll.

Good to hear Billups is back. Wonder what that does to Blodsoe' minutes. They really should trade him.

I dunno about planning to make the playoffs but the core roster as is is locked in for at least 2 seasons.

Bledsoe is making pennies compared to what he's worth. I don't think they have the cap room to trade him away for anything worthwhile. Regardless, he'll mostly just be taking Willie Green's place while letting Bledsoe run the second unit with less help from CP3 ideally.

8-7.

I have no words. Identity crisis was the correct answer. :(

Also the refs were an embarrassment.

I hope the one thing that happens once Stern steps down, is a complete revision of the refs. They are by far the worst in sports. And they are attention hogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom