• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Oct/Nov NBA Season |OT| Mavericks Attempt To Defend Title

Eric Gordon

Results are only viewable after voting.
RAPM's formula got updated.

http://stats-for-the-nba.appspot.com/

Trying to combine box score data with plus or minus. Dirk and Dwight seem more accurately rated, but guys like McGee or Ibaka (who are actual bad to average defenders with great defensive stats) look super overrated in this model compared to the previous one. He says it's been more accurate in predictions than the previous model though. RAPM tries to take plus or minus stats and adjust them based on teammate quality to judge the actual value of a player.

h3ro

262028_10152307103360341_1525411227_n.jpg

jizz

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
RAPM's formula got updated.

http://stats-for-the-nba.appspot.com/

Trying to combine box score data with plus or minus. Dirk and Dwight seem more accurately rated, but guys like McGee or Ibaka (who are actual bad to average defenders with great defensive stats) look super overrated in this model compared to the previous one. He says it's been more accurate in predictions than the previous model though. RAPM tries to take plus or minus stats and adjust them based on teammate quality to judge the actual value of a player.

/cringe

No fucking Doctype, no head tag, no body tag?!

pilonv1

http://deadspin.com/5961010/police-...s-suv-with-a-baseball-bat-and-then-shot-at-it

Atlanta police are seeking the arrest of six-time WNBA all-star and two-time Naismith Award-winner Chamique Holdsclaw, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports. Holdsclaw allegedly used a baseball bat to smash the windows of a Range Rover belonging to an ex-girlfriend (Jennifer Lacy, of the Tulsa Shock, pictured at right), before taking out a handgun and firing inside the car. Holdsclaw, who battled depression during her career and once attempted suicide, last played in 2010 for the San Antonio Silver Stars.

Source: Jerry Buss Made Call To Hire D'Antoni

The decision to bypass Phil Jackson and hire Mike D’Antoni came from Los Angeles Lakers patriarch Jerry Buss, according to a source.

The elder Buss is no longer involved in day-to-day affairs and has transferred many of his former responsibilities to his son, Jim.

"Make no mistake about it, Jerry Buss made the final call on firing Mike Brown, passing over Jackson and ultimately deciding on D'Antoni," confirmed an NBA source who requested anonymity. "The management structure is a democracy up to a certain point; but when something very big comes up, Jerry makes the decision.

"That's not to say he overrules his guys all the time -- he doesn't. But if he disagrees, he uses his veto power to do what is in the best interests of his organization. He's overruled Kupchak and he even went against Jerry West sometimes. They would have animated discussions, and Dr. Buss would listen, then sometimes do what he wanted."

I bet you this confirmed NBA source was Jim Buss...

"Bu-Bu-Bu-But it was all dad's idea...I swear!!"

masud

Banned
I'm happy for Pringles. If the Lakers trade Pau for some depth and shooting I think he can do well, otherwise he's gonna run that team into the ground.

Lakers should sign Delonte...

Confirms what we all saw and already know.
so the Knicks threw him under the bus. and he has huge brand name, a nice contract and he'll probably get voted into the all star game. and he doesnt have a red X on his back anymore thanks to Harden...not seeing a crown of thorns here.

shira

Jim Buss still seems like an arrogant, entitled asshole, which shouldn't be surprising. It's a shame Kobe's last years in LA won't get him another chip. After his massive contracts ends in a couple years, watch him get thrown under the Buss.

Mike should have more. It's fine

Mike > Kobe > LeBron

BobLoblaw

Banned
Mike should have more. It's fine

Mike > Kobe > LeBron
I'm ok with this. Whether or not Kobe actually gets another one doesn't really matter too much because I don't give a shit about the Lakers as an organization, but it's hard to argue that he hasn't put in his time and might deserve one. Same for Nash.

It's been reported since day 1 of the announcement that Jerry was more adamant about the D'antoni hire than both Mitch and Jim. Thinking Jerry would be fine with his son making a move he doesn't like and then taking the fall publically for him is stupid.

What doesn’t make sense is the initial hire of Mike Brown. If they want to bring back “show time” and make the offense more flashy, why in God’s name would you ever hire Mike Fucking Brown in the first place?

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I actually had to go back and make sure it was Chicago you had lost to. I was 99.9% sure, but didn't want to flop on the execution.

Is this the part where I point out Utah's record versus Portland in the 90s in the playoffs?

Top Bottom