• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Oct/Nov NBA Season |OT| Mavericks Attempt To Defend Title

Eric Gordon

Results are only viewable after voting.

Triple U

Banned
Rose plays PG. He's better than Rondo. I don't give a fuck how you want to define the position, every single sane person rather have Rose over Rondo on their team at PG.

Who cares about a few h2h games? Just because Rondo routinely shit on Cleveland doesn't make him better than those two.
No he isn't. He's a better scorer and thats pretty much it. And he's inefficient at that.

WTF do you mean who cares about head to head games? LOL. What does CLE have to do with anything? So the fact that Rondo outperforms TP not only when matched up but against other teams is just moot? Just because?LMAO

Just stop, please.

Rose was the reason the Bulls were so good his MVP year. He covers up a lot of his teams offensive ineptitude, especially in the final two minutes. While Rondo does not elevate his team mates level of play ESPECIALLY in the final two minutes.

The name of this game is still to score points. I'd value someone who can score 10+ in the fourth consistently over someone who pads his assist totals by having some of the best off-ball players in the NBA.
The bulls defense were the reason they were so good his MVP year. Rose is skilled but scoring is probably the least important aspect of playing PG. The only reason the bulls offense isn't worse than already it is, is because that they have great passing from most spots. If it was all up to rose it would be a joke.

Saying that Rondo doesn't make his team better is straight dumbfounding. Boston's offense stagnates/fails alot and the only reason they get a bucket alot of times is because Rondo creates a easy shot off a broken play. Look at any of those assists reels and see.

Doomsayer

It hurts when you find out how illogical the status quo is doesn't it? I'll quit injecting logic here...

Scoring is not the least important aspect of a point guards duties. Look at how the Lakers played Rondo in the finals, he was of no threat to score. If he had any semblance of a jump shot Boston probably wins that series.

I'll stop now though.

shira

Rose plays PG. He's better than Rondo. I don't give a fuck how you want to define the position, every single sane person rather have Rose over Rondo on their team at PG.

Who cares about a few h2h games? Just because Rondo routinely shit on Cleveland doesn't make him better than those two.

Rose with the busted knees. No thanks.

Ahhh another delonte vs james game.

h3ro

The correct answer turned out to be neither! Who knew?

5WuHol.jpg

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Kemba's shooting .333% on jumpshots this year and seventeen percent from deep. impressive.

he's the entire offense. i never thought i'd see plays where kemba is used as a decoy, but it happens - then he still ends up getting the ball and has to throw up some bullshit

there's no one on that team that can score on their own (at least while henderson and gordon are gone)

i don't think anyone other than myself and a few others here have seen enough bobcats games to judge though.

after last year, nothing hurts in charlotte

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Washington's starting 5: Price, Crawford, Ariza, Vesley, Okafor.

Where tanking in November happens.

"Shaun Livingston returns to the Wizards tonight. He's a terrific ... person."

DY_nasty

Washington's starting 5: Price, Crawford, Ariza, Vesley, Okafor.

Where tanking in November happens.

"Shaun Livingston returns to the Wizards tonight. He's a terrific ... person."

I hate watching Shaun Livingston play.

I don't want to be watching when his knee flies into the stands again...

No he isn't. He's a better scorer and thats pretty much it. And he's inefficient at that.

Rose is better at scoring than Rondo is at everything else. He's also not inefficient. He's a lot more efficient than Rondo, that's for sure.

http://bkref.com/tiny/kvTLn

higher TS% and efg% with a much much better TOV%. Their rebounds rates are also not that far apart considering no one on Boston can board and Chicago was around tops in the league.

Rose is the better basketball player by a mile. He's not a traditional PG but that is irrelevant. He plays PG and he's a better player. Anyone with half a brain would rather have Rose on their team than Rondo.

WTF do you mean who cares about head to head games? LOL. What does CLE have to do with anything? So the fact that Rondo outperforms TP not only when matched up but against other teams is just moot? Just because?LMAO

Same stupid argument people tried to use to claim Deron > CP3.

edit: Rondo is both overrated and underrated here. Very good PG, fits Boston extremely well. But he's not a franchise player like Cp3, Rose, and others.

DY_nasty

My body is ready.

Take me, Memphis. I don't want to live on this over.500 world anymore.

Top Bottom