• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Oct/Nov NBA Season |OT| Mavericks Attempt To Defend Title

Eric Gordon

Results are only viewable after voting.
Sam Amico twitted that Alec Burks is being shopped by the Jazz. this sucks. big Burks fan, but he's just warming up benches rite now.

Sam Amico
‏@SamAmicoFSO
Word around NBA is Jazz G Alec Burks is available. Burks, the 12th overall draft pick in 2011, has played in just 5 of Jazz's 10 games.

getting dominated right now, and kimba is playing like shit. good times, our fanbase would lose their minds and start thinking we're playoff bound if we won this game.

SamuraiX-

What is it with the Jazz's fascination in drafting legit guards only to trade them away after a season?

You can't mean to tell me they're content with giving ***** **** 25 minutes a game for the rest of the season.

lukW5.gif

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
getting dominated right now, and kimba is playing like shit. good times, our fanbase would lose their minds and start thinking we're playoff bound if we won this game.
i missed gordon, but now that he's back i'm sort of shocked at how i keep forgetting how bad his defense is

kemba is fine but mullens playing #yolo just throws everything out of wack

DY_nasty

our bench is too good, we need to trade some of those assholes.

good at what?

kemba played the entire 1st quarter. he played 45 minutes in the last game. we have no bench (outside of BG). just people who keep us alive until kemba comes back and derek jeters us to victories we don't deserve.

Triple U

Banned
Black Mamba said:
Rose is better at scoring than Rondo is at everything else. He's also not inefficient. He's a lot more efficient than Rondo, that's for sure.

http://bkref.com/tiny/kvTLn

higher TS% and efg% with a much much better TOV%. Their rebounds rates are also not that far apart considering no one on Boston can board and Chicago was around tops in the league.

Rose is the better basketball player by a mile. He's not a traditional PG but that is irrelevant. He plays PG and he's a better player. Anyone with half a brain would rather have Rose on their team than Rondo.
LOL

Ok. In the stats you quoted, Rose shoots a laughable .396 in the playoffs but he isn't inefficient? TS is stupid to judge Rondo by because he doesn't shoot alot of shots.

Every great PG who actively looks to get others involved has a semi-high turnover percentage. Thats a cherry pick. Rondos assist to turnover ratio is also much much higher than Roses. See I can do it to.

The last bit is still a head scratcher to me. I can't really think of one team that would actively pursue a PG who averages 9-24 shooting and can barely run an actual offense. He might be good as a second option, he's alot flashier for sure but he can never be the best scorer on a championship team that isn't relatively stacked. Nor should he try to be because in general, teams with a PG as the best player/scorer never win. Otherwise, any coach wanting to run a competent offense would want Rondo over Rose.

Same stupid argument people tried to use to claim Deron > CP3.

edit: Rondo is both overrated and underrated here. Very good PG, fits Boston extremely well. But he's not a franchise player like Cp3, Rose, and others.
Stupid argument? Lulz. Rondo outperforms him head-to-head(sometimes even monster games like that triple double) and against the rest of the league but somehow TP is better for reasons you won't even trouble yourself to list. And my argument is stupid? Let logic set you free.....the status quo isn't always right.

And Rondo is easily a franchise PG. Like I said earlier, you guys try way too hard.

the Bucks are gunna make the playoffs this year. surprised about all the ball sharing from that backcourt, there was zero indication a Jennings/Ellis backcourt wouldnt be fuckball heaven.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
the Bucks are gunna make the playoffs this year. surprised about all the ball sharing from that backcourt, there was zero indication a Jennings/Ellis backcourt wouldnt be fuckball heaven.

Well, who thought Skiles would adapt to his personnel and push the pace? They'll make the playoffs, but I don't know that they're good. At least they're fun to watch.

pilonv1

Their defense and rebounding is fantastic considering their roster. Sanders+Udoh is a great combo.

DY_nasty

all but two of kemba's shots have been shotclock bailouts lol

thank god for Lssss

Top Bottom