• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 Major League Soccer |OT| THIS LEAGUE IS RELEVANT!

Chicago Fire kick off their season today. 50,000+ expected at Montreal. Should be quite a sight. As far as expectations go, I have none for this season. Since I left Chicago for Miami i've definitely become a more casual fan as I don't feel the same connection to my club. Oh well, GO FIRE!

Hopefully you'll have a new club to cheer for soon! Garber recently remarked that Miami's one of the front runners for the 20th franchise.

xbhaskarx

Montreal will probably get a boost from having such a big crowd at their opener, but then you look at the roster and wonder if they're good enough to score goals...

xbhaskarx

Because there is a Football thread stickied at the top. It's not like there are separate sticky threads for the Premier League, Bundesliga, etc. If we wanted a sticky thread we'd have to post in there, but that would mean we wouldn't have a separate MLS thread and the MLS-related comments would get lost in all the Euro talk.

zedge

Because there is a Football thread stickied at the top. It's not like there are separate sticky threads for the Premier League, Bundesliga, etc. If we wanted a sticky thread we'd have to post in there, but that would mean we wouldn't have a separate MLS thread and the MLS-related comments would get lost in all the Euro talk.

I see. :(

Hieberrr

Nyassi is so shit. Watching this guy pisses me off so much! This guy plays completely out of control, makes extremely poor decisions, and his striking abilities are so bad. He's a fucking safety hazard on the pitch.

Hieberrr

And fuck, MLS really needs to crack down on those stupid tackles from behind. I see players running from across the pitch to tackle the other player.from behind, which almost always results in a bad tackle and an unsafe one at that.

As members of the football community who perhaps don't often visit the Sticky thread, thought you should know that Bolton Wanderers player Fabrice Muamba is on his way to hospital after collapsing halfway through an FA Cup game against Tottenham Hotspur. He's just 23 years old, and it isn't looking at all good with seemingly failed attempts at CPR. If you're religious, please pray for him

Hieberrr

As members of the football community who perhaps don't often visit the Sticky thread, thought you should know that Bolton Wanders player Fabrice Muamba is on his way to hospital after collapsing halfway through an FA Cup game against Tottenham Hotspur. He's just 23 years old, and it isn't looking at all good with seemingly failed attempts at CPR. If you're religious, please pray for him
Holy shit, that's not good :( my thoughts are with him.

Azuran

Banned
Oh boy, it's gonna be a long season for both of these teams.

Edit: And Montreal scores as soon as I post that. Haha

xbhaskarx

58,912 in Montreal

That's after 47,658 in Toronto for CCL and 21,000 at Vancouver's opening game... 127,570 over three games for Canada.

I got MLS Direct Kick from Comcast.

$20 over 3 months, not to bad...just could offer more.

Wish it offered, well MLS in general, some type of MLS round-up show, something besides elevator music between games.
Heck I think during the week its an NBA channel lol. I dont even watch basketball -_-

Prob would have been cheaper and more convienent to get the streaming app but my PC and TV arent hooked up and its nice having it on the big screen in the living room.
Last week, and todays game, have been great. Me the wife and kid got all our Sat. stuff done then we grabbed some Hoagies, opened all the windows in the house (amazing out today) and its MLS day!

Tomorrow...is gonna be ROUGH...
My kid has a game an hour away, then as soon as we are done we have to jump in the car and he has to get changed in the back seat as we drive all the way across NJ to get back to Philly for the Union game. But the weather is looking like its gonna be another amazing day, Im so ready for a game at PPL!

Hieberrr

Just tuning into the Houston/SJ match. What a shameful crowd
KuGsj.gif

xbhaskarx

Just tuning into the Houston/SJ match. What a shameful crowd
KuGsj.gif

I'm at the game... Half the crowd is partying in the parking lot waiting for the Mexico U-23 game to start, the other half has pretty much moved back under the overhang because it's raining.

58,912 in Montreal

That's after 47,658 in Toronto for CCL and 21,000 at Vancouver's opening game... 127,570 over three games for Canada.

We love soccer in Canada, it's true!

So I'm not feeling too optimistic about TFC's chances tonight... Seattle is a good team that is tough to beat at home.. plus I think they will be very determined to bounce back after their last embarrassing loss.

No matter what happens tonight though, I'm very pleased with how TFC has looked so far in the CCL.

I'd love to be wrong here and see a TFC win or draw obviously!

Hieberrr

Yeah, I hope TFC can at least draw. Of course, a win would be much better. I hope they can have a successful campaign this season. Another season without playoffs and everyone's hopes will be crushed :(

EDIT: Starting XI for Toronto (according to their twitter):

Kocic: Eckersley, Harden, Aceval, Emory; Frings, Dunfield, Silva; Soolsma, Johnson, Avila

Seems like they're giving the main starters a rest for tonight.

SKC kicking ass tonight. 3-0 on Revolution. Graham Zusi scored the first goal and it was amazing... A four player pile up on the ground in front of the box. Zusi was flat on his back and the loose ball was just in reach of his toes. He reached out with his toes and poked it in.

Hieberrr

Damnit, Seattle scored :( What a terrible sequence of defense from Toronto.

After Johnson is bear hugged in the mid-field: "He's held on slightly for a a bit, but it happens a hundred times a game. it's nothing" (paraphrased from the Seattle commentators) :| No wonder I don't like this team :lol

zedge

What a crazy goal! Estrada.

Fuck Century Link is so awesome. Such a beautiful stadium, with awesome fans. Did a tour last Aug. I <3 Seattle.

I couldn't watch anymore of the TFC-Sounders game. These commentators are embarrassing. I thought they were supposed to be unbiased. I think that is the first time I have ever seen commentators say "We" when talking about the home team in any sport before and that comment about Johnson was stupid.

Hieberrr

I couldn't watch anymore of the TFC-Sounders game. These commentators are embarrassing. I thought they were supposed to be unbiased. I think that is the first time I have ever seen commentators say "We" when talking about the home team in any sport before and that comment about Johnson was stupid.

I really hate how biased they are. Say what you will, listen to them and you'll agree.

Johnson hit the woodwork, aaaargghhh. So close!

Top Bottom