• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 Major League Soccer |OT| THIS LEAGUE IS RELEVANT!

alphaNoid

Banned
The crowd looks really empty in LA. It seems like there are a lit more people by the ends behind the goals.
Filling in..
IMAG0008.jpg

I am stuck in NYC without a stream for the game... ARRRG ... so is TFC winning 1-0 still? It's killing me not being able to watch!

Long ball
Offside
Long ball
Offside
Long ball
Offside
Long ball
Offside
Long ball
Offside
Long ball
Offside
Long ball
Offside
Long ball
Offside

How about a new strategy LA?

xbhaskarx

Silva... that would have been it. He has to score there, but that kid is going to be good.

I am stuck in NYC without a stream for the game...

What do you mean without a stream? It's streaming legally on concacaf.com, not so legally on first row sports dot eu and other sites...

Askani

That's some pretty poor passing from Galaxy. What is that, the third or fourth cheap giveaway in the last few minutes?

Hieberrr

LMFAO cheap stick on patches on the jerseys
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Also, I like Silva in the midfield. He's showing that he's able to control the midfield and able to distribute.

xbhaskarx

2012 Galaxy: best MLS team ever assembled on paper, even better than the 2011 Red Bulls!

What is that now, one tie and two losses in the first week?

Toronto and their fans deserve it, hopefully they'll get another big crowd for the next round, which beats drawing 5000 in LA.

Hieberrr

Allez, allez, allez les rouge, allez
Allez, allez, allez les rouge, allez
Allez, allez, allez
Allez, allez, allez
Allez, allez, allez, les rouge, allez

Allez Toronto! Je t'aime!

I'm serious. I think Silva is going to be huge in a few years when he has more playing time and experience under his belt.

The better team won. LA rubs me the wrong way. They have way too much talent to be playing this lazy, opportunistic, chicken shit style. Tell me this isn't the norm.

Toronto and their fans deserve it, hopefully they'll get another big crowd for the next round, which beats drawing 5000 in LA.

To be fair, I heard that the small crowd size was because Galaxy were only allowed to sell a handful of tickets for the game. Some kind of by-law about restricting congestion?

SuperSonic1305 said:
They have way too much talent to be playing this lazy, opportunistic, chicken shit style

It might be that their two best players, Keane and Donovan, have been playing non-stop for almost 2 years. Their extra 2 months each in England will probably bite them in the ass.

xbhaskarx

To be fair, I heard that the small crowd size was basic Galaxy were only allowed to sell a handful of tickets for the game. Some kind of by-law about restricting congestion?

Yes it's part of their deal with the Cal State campus HDC is located on, only 7500 for games on school nights. But that's just a lame excuse for a team that wants to become a global superclub and eclipse the NY Cosmos. Re-work the deal, hold the game somewhere else (as Toronto did), or move to a new stadium.

ZZMitch

According to the site, March 26th in Toronto (first leg).

Oh wow, I thought they separated the games by months. But maybe that is just the earlier rounds. That is good because I will be in Toronto until finals are done in late April. Maybe I will try to get some tickets.

Hieberrr

I can't imagine this week's Seattle-TFC game to be very pretty. Both teams are coming off CCL games, with Seattle coming all the way back from Mexico.

alphaNoid

Banned
Tough game to watch tonight. Bad refs, but bad Galaxy moreso. Oh well wasn't league play, Sunday they better play a real game.

Tough game to watch tonight. Bad refs, but bad Galaxy moreso. Oh well wasn't league play, Sunday they better play a real game.

Dislike this attitude. CCL is easily the most important competition MLS teams play in.

Tough losses for the American teams today, hopefully Toronto can carry the MLS flag deep into the competition.

Dislike this attitude. CCL is easily the most important competition MLS teams play in.

I've always been more interested in CCL than league play (although I love league play too)

When TFC beat Cruz Azul, that was my favorite game they've played so far. I like that they always take the tournament seriously.

Well week 2 is almost apon us so I was wondering whos still keeping up with the fantasy and what changes your stuck making if any.

I got pretty lucky last week, but its gonna bite me in the ass this week. Going deep with the SJ and Houston roster paid off before but now with them going head to head...Im kinda screwed.

1 free trasfer and -4 points to any more then that during the week made my only option trasfering Opara (Olympic duty) for a new defender. Since Opara cost me 6mil, and didnt even play last week, I was kinda limited to my choices. All of the better defenders in that range I found to be good choices were Houston or SJ players lol...so I picked up Corrales from SJ.
So going into next week I got 3 from Houston and 3 from SJ again -_- (including the Busch the GK)
Guess Im gonna pray for a hard fought 0-0 tie.

xbhaskarx

I'm an idiot so I had picked both Ike Opara and Bill Hamid, who are now at Olympic qualifying camp, so I had to make multiple changes after just one week.

Since my #2 pick on my team (and #3 really) are Sounders, and they had a bye last week, hopefully this week goes better. Also hopefully I can figure out who some cheap players are that will actually get playing time so I can swap out some of my cheapos that seem to be pine riders.

Since my #2 pick on my team (and #3 really) are Sounders, and they had a bye last week, hopefully this week goes better. Also hopefully I can figure out who some cheap players are that will actually get playing time so I can swap out some of my cheapos that seem to be pine riders.

Yeah, I need to make some changes too. Like I said earlier I think I over did it by commiting heavily to 2 or 3 teams as far as players go. On top of that I think my subs are much to far down the depth chart to factor in if one of my starters doesnt play.
Im going into wek 2 with basically the same team tho, only player who got the call for me was Opara...but he scrwed me last week and didnt play anyways lol.
My set-up is gonna be
Busch
Cameron-Boswell-Hainault-Corrales (trasfered in for Opara)
Espinoza-Convey-Salinas-Magee
LeToux-Sapong

My bench is just bad tho. Burse from NY backing up Busch, Caleb Clark at striker, Gladdis the rookie RB from Philly. One good thing tho is having Luis Silva, thats my only bench player I have faith in lol. But luckily, Bunbury is on Olympic duty so Sapong should get 90 and all my other guys SHOULD put up some minimum type of points. Some of my guys seem to be in a good position, Letoux vs. Chivas and my SKC heavy MF/F line-up vs. NE.
Only downside..like I said before..I got a SJ and Houston heavy team, and they play each other this week...so I'm bound to take a hit in some department :(

Chicago Fire kick off their season today. 50,000+ expected at Montreal. Should be quite a sight. As far as expectations go, I have none for this season. Since I left Chicago for Miami i've definitely become a more casual fan as I don't feel the same connection to my club. Oh well, GO FIRE!

Top Bottom