• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 Major League Soccer |OT| THIS LEAGUE IS RELEVANT!

Hieberrr

Seattle's pressuring Houston by chasing the man with the ball. Houston has to make runs after passing the ball off or else this is going to be a long night for them.

YEP, Seattle just scored.

My fantasy team is screeeeeewed.

Friggin Cameron, he's got me in NEGATIVE points right now lol. Any points I happen to pull off tonight will have to get me back to zero before they start counting lol.

If there is a god, Im praying for a 2-2 draw with Houstons defenders hopefully snagging a goal via a set piece. That or Cameron needs to redeem himself ASAP and make a run and put one in..

Looks like RSL and SKC are my only hopes for a big week. I feel my lead slowly slipping away lol.

Azuran

Banned
:/

And there goes my enthusiasm for the rest of the season. This team still sucks defensively. -5 GD in 2 games makes me weep.

Hieberrr

Terrible game.

I've said it before, but TFC needs another striker. If Koef isn't play, we can't depend on Johnson to be our guy. Yes, he has scored a few goals, but he can't be our "striker". We need a real striker. Johnson is nowhere near technical with the ball and with his shots as a real striker would be.

And of course, the defence is still suspect. At this point in time, fuck CONCACAF and concentrate on your season.

EDIT:
Not watching the loss? Wondo can't stop scoring in MLS.
I'm watching ='{

Union stunk tonight, our defense is in shambles, and our attack is pathetic. Don't really see things getting better anytime soon either, especially if the US qualifies for the Olympics and we lose some key members of our club for half the season

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
At least we got our first point tonight. We turned on desperation mode during the 2nd half and Cannon made some great saves to stop us.

s7evn

Oh boy, RSL could not finish tonight. I guess that will probably be the last time the young guns are starting together with Sabario and Morales coming back. Still a bad loss especially since it was at home. Seemed like Chivas packed the midfield with bodies and then dropped everyone back to defend so there was little passing room. Great ending though (would of been better with a goal, but oh well it was exciting).

Union stunk tonight, our defense is in shambles, and our attack is pathetic. Don't really see things getting better anytime soon either, especially if the US qualifies for the Olympics and we lose some key members of our club for half the season

yup, its sad how bad they look now. Its like watching 11 guys play a pick up game vs. a real team.
Lopez...I dont wanna be hard on him yet but he hasnt looked good :/

Its gonna be a long season..

Next week at home is gonna be insane. 0-3 at PPL with the return of Le Toux, wow!

yup, its sad how bad they look now. Its like watching 11 guys play a pick up game vs. a real team.
Lopez...I dont wanna be hard on him yet but he hasnt looked good :/

Its gonna be a long season..

Next week at home is gonna be insane. 0-3 at PPL with the return of Le Toux, wow!

we have next to no tactics in the final third except diving to get free kicks or watching Pajoy do his best to take on the whole team

Lopez played his best game last night, but that doesnt say much because he's only real good defending the air. He gets turned around and run by pretty easily on defense. People on BigSoccer were blaming him for the goal, but it was a team breakdown IMO.

Gomez for all the good he's done so far ends up on the ground when trying to tackle people too much, he whiffed on a tackle then Roger Torres ran in and whiffed on a second which drew 2 more defenders out to the sideline leaving plently of room inside open for the cross to land. Was a hell of a finish by Oduro though.

Yea LeToux's return is gonna be quite the event, if we lay and egg (which im pretty much expecting at this point) I think the crowd is gonna lose it and things will get ugly

Hieberrr

Nice game by RYRB! They played EXTREMELY well. Henry will a near hat-trick at the end.. oh my. I wish he was able to score that one.

Askani

Hell yes! The equalizer! Great header from Colin. Coming in with his back turned to goal and giving it just enough change in direction to put it in. He's so good with headers on set pieces.

That free kick / goal for Dallas really woke SKC up. We started playing harder and really pushing forward. Now we're level again with momentum going into the 2nd half.

Also, Villar coming back in? Please. He looked like he'd been shot, then carted off, then oh look, back in the game in 20 seconds.

Askani

YES!!! Fantastic goal. Myers really hustled down the field and made that play happen. Kamara was in perfect position, but that goal was all due to Myers. Awesome.

EDIT :::::

Great win. We got put under pressure and responded. I love how fast and intense this team plays.

xbhaskarx

Santos Laguna up 1-0
30 'Goal
Goal! Toronto FC 0, Santos Laguna 1. Herculez Gómez (Santos Laguna) right footed shot from the right side of the box to the bottom left corner.
If this Gomez guy scores fifty more goals maybe Klinsmann will take a look at him...

Hieberrr

I love how TFC plays better internationally than in their domestic league. I really hope they can play like this on a weekly basis in the MLS instead of getting destroyed.

Hieberrr

Any idea why there was a scuffle at the end of the match? I looked away for a split second and the next thing I knew, Morgan was on the ground and shit went loose.

EDIT: Apparently Morgan got punched in the face or something like that.

Top Bottom