• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 Major League Soccer |OT| THIS LEAGUE IS RELEVANT!

xbhaskarx

Apparently Galaxy players got into shouting match in the tunnel at HT...
@parker_mark said:
My seats are next to the tunnel. There was a skirmish of some sort in the tunnel. I could only see a bit of it through the sliver (more)

shouting which I believe involved Beckham, Sarvas , and Franklin. Then a bunch of suits grabbed the boys and shuttled them off.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
The Revs got a nice pickup in that former Bayern Munich reserve squad player. It's always great seeing the league poster boys get mauled by one of the worst performing teams in recent years.

Hieberrr

What magical leagues in Europe are you watching where the refs aren't just as bad?

MLS refs have been noticeably worse than EPL and Bundesliga refs from what I've seen so far. But they've improved a lot since last season. Improved, but still somewhat bad with decisions.

Askani

Sweet last minute goal, and then almost another one the same way...

...but who cares?!?! Time for Sporting KC game!

Askani

YES! Zusi almost powered that shot past the goalie on his own, but he stayed with it and gave Sapong a chance for a header and the goal. Whooooo!

Askani

And the win. 4-0-0. Mmm...dem 12 points.

Chivas played us hard the second half and really made a game of it. Both keepers had some really great saves.

Also, it truly sucks about the Men's Olympic team, but it was nice to see Bunbury back on the field for us.

Frei is out for 4-6 months. Our most promising season yet and our best players get injured at the start. Toronto should just be one big sports meme.

shoplifter

What magical leagues in Europe are you watching where the refs aren't just as bad?

Someone did an analysis and found that there are an average of 9.something fouls per game in MLS, compared to 13(?) in the EPL/La Liga and maybe 16 in the Bundesliga. The numbers might not be exact, but it was something like that.

Now, it's up to you to decide whether:

1. MLS is a clean league compared to the others
  2. Referees are missing calls in MLS
  3. Too many fouls are being called in Europe

That doesn't account for horrible decisions granting penalties and game management, but I'd argue that the comparative lack of whistles over the course of the average game results in players trying to get away with stuff in the box. Personally, I'd like to see any player that isn't the captain booked immediately for arguing a call with the CO.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Someone did an analysis and found that there are an average of 9.something fouls per game in MLS, compared to 13(?) in the EPL/La Liga and maybe 16 in the Bundesliga. The numbers might not be exact, but it was something like that.

Now, it's up to you to decide whether:

1. MLS is a clean league compared to the others
  2. Referees are missing calls in MLS
  3. Too many fouls are being called in Europe

That doesn't account for horrible decisions granting penalties and game management, but I'd argue that the comparative lack of whistles over the course of the average game results in players trying to get away with stuff in the box. Personally, I'd like to see any player that isn't the captain booked immediately for arguing a call with the CO.

I'm tired of players whining to the ref instead of just playing the game. I would also like the captain to be the only player allowed to argue with the referee.

Hieberrr

I'm fine with players talking to the refs, but once you start crowding the ref... that's going to far.

There's nothing I hate more than 10 players going up to the ref and pressuring him into giving a card. Ahem, Barcelona... Ahem, Santos Laguna...

So in the event players crowd the ref, I'd like to see some cards given to THOSE players.

shoplifter

I'm fine with players talking to the refs, but once you start crowding the ref... that's going to far.

There's nothing I hate more than 10 players going up to the ref and pressuring him into giving a card. Ahem, Barcelona... Ahem, Santos Laguna...

So in the event players crowd the ref, I'd like to see some cards given to THOSE players.

No problems with talking, but when it becomes a complaint session, they should be put in the book.

s7evn

Hmm, looks like Kreis is going with a line up to rest the guys for the Colorado game this weekend. I guess this is the game to test the depth of the bench.

mmm, local KFC tickets...

Hieberrr

It's kinda hard to win games at that level with the injuries you guys had. Luck just wasn't on your side.

Yeah, the injuries have really been unfortunate. What I find even worse is that our defense plays well, but mistakes always lead to goals, 2nd half performances are always worse than in the 1st half, and the inability to get the ball out of our half. I think if TFC can address those things (and also score some goals) they'll be fine.

At least Bayern is still in the Champions League (still trailing a few pts in the Bundesliga though). CHAMOOWWWWWWWWWWWNNN!!!!

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I've been keeping up with Paulo Jr since two seasons ago when he scored some goals during CCL. Wasn't he injured a lot during the last season?

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Mexican team > MLS team (canada)

pffft...same damn league... as long as Mexican teams keep MLS teams beneath them, the better. However, I do give props to Toronto FC. You guys did better than Sounders without your few of your best players...like Frings. Also, props to Santos to advance to the finals without their playmaker Quintero and Salinas (correct me if Im wrong)..

Fuck this game, fuck Mexican soccer, fuck the refs, fuck everything. Fucking bullshit.

now you know how Santos felt in toronto. paybacks a bitch I guess. And as Im typing this, Luduena scores the 6th for Santos!!
:D

xbhaskarx

I've been keeping up with Paulo Jr since two seasons ago when he scored some goals during CCL. Wasn't he injured a lot during the last season?

Yeah he looked really good last year until he got injured. I figured it was something minor but he pretty much disappeared for the rest of the season.

shoplifter

I failed to note that I'm more than happy Terrible Football Club has been eliminated.

\/\/ Sorry, I will never bring myself to be happy for them in any manner and will be petitioning the Crew to bring in Herc during the transfer window.

Azuran

Banned
Oh well, hopefully they take their frustration out on Montreal this weekend. I'll go ballistic if we lose to them as well.

Socreges

Banned
Fuck this game, fuck Mexican soccer, fuck the refs, fuck everything. Fucking bullshit.
JackNicholsonNodding.gif

Never change, SuperSonic.

Azuran

Banned
If we lose to Montreal, TFC should call it quits for the rest of the season. We would never be able to live that one down.

Top Bottom