• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 Major League Soccer |OT| THIS LEAGUE IS RELEVANT!

xbhaskarx

I haven't been watching, but:
Is DC better with DeLeon and Cruz than it is with Pontius and Najar or is Dallas just this bad without Ferreira?
And if Dallas isn't playing George John why don't they trade him to a team that could use a CB?

I've never been a fan of Hernandez. He always goes in for dangerous tackles.
Yeah, same here.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't been watching, but:
Is DC better with DeLeon and Cruz than it is with Pontius and Najar or is Dallas just this bad without Ferreira?
And if Dallas isn't playing George John why don't they trade him to a team that could use a CB?

Yeah, same here.

DeLeon has been really good in his appearances and Pontius doesn't have full fitness. Najar hasn't really done anything yet since he's been gone with his Olympic squad.

Hieberrr

Man, oh man, what a game great game so far between TFC and the Crew.

What a poor decision by the ref to give the Crew a penalty kick. Player was barely touched and took the biggest dive in the box. But thankfully, Kocic saved it.. jeebus what a save. Hopefully TFC can string together something on offense and get a win, but it seems unlikely with our weak midfield and questionable decision making of Johnson.

EDIT: Where is everybody ='{ I'm going to tear bend :(

I think I'd like to visit Toronto. It looks like an awesome city. Not quite the attendance I expected, however. The short-lived rivalry continues to cool down.

Hieberrr

Good game by TFC overall, but that one mistake by Emery cost the team the game. He played well outside of that mistake though.. better than expected. He looked solid, tbh.

BUT... as always, We can't finish for shit; Koef is non-existent.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
3ACta.jpg

Wow, Holgersson. That was awful.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
NYRB look like a completely different team out there after the 0-2 start to the season. WHOAWHOWHWOWOWOWOWW

Yeah, those were two really tough road games against FCD and RSL.

Conde & Marquez really made a huge difference. Cooper has been great as a starter as well, which sucks that it took and Agudelo injury to have him out there.

Henry with the hat trick! Back-to-back Player of the Week for him I would think.

Hieberrr

Yeah, those were two really tough road games against FCD and RSL.

Conde & Marquez really made a huge difference. Cooper has been great as a starter as well, which sucks that it took and Agudelo injury to have him out there.

Henry with the hat trick! Back-to-back Player of the Week for him I would think.

Man, Henry's on a tear this year! This is the type of game I was expecting when he first joined the league. Good stuff! He just makes it look so easy. I hope more NYRB fans/people show up to the home games. It'd be amazing if the stadium was completely packed :O~

Chiming in late, but goddamn, TFC is forever terrible.
We're improving... but yeah.. ={ If we lose against MTL next week, I'm gonna die inside.

TFC didn't look dangerous at all going forward with chances. They kept possession well but if you can't score then who cares?
I never thought scoring would be a problem for TFC... I figured it would just be the defence.

Frings come back! We need you!

Hieberrr

TFC didn't look dangerous at all going forward with chances. They kept possession well but if you can't score then who cares?
I never thought scoring would be a problem for TFC... I figured it would just be the defence.

Frings come back! We need you!

TFC needs strikers. Our only striker on the squad, from what I can tell, is Koef. If Koef goes down or doesn't show up fora game, we're fucked. Winter, get on dat shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeettttttttttttttt.

froze my ass off watching my sorry ass Union draw against a depleted Vancouver side this afternoon who somehow looked even more inept than us. I don't even think anyone can make a case for having a worse offense than us right now, its damn pathetic.

Look out Eastern Conference we are making our push back to the top of the standings with our grand total of 1 point overall.

Just got back from the Philly vs. Vancouver game, the Union finally got a point!
Yes, Im actually happy about a tie, finally some points!

Was a good game, some of the worse officiating Ive seen tho.

AT one point in the second half Pajoy was was about to make a run and the Vancouver guy put one hand around his neck and the other on his face...no call...wtf?!?

Just got back from the Philly vs. Vancouver game, the Union finally got a point!
Yes, Im actually happy about a tie, finally some points!

Was a good game, some of the worse officiating Ive seen tho.

AT one point in the second half Pajoy was was about to make a run and the Vancouver guy put one hand around his neck and the other on his face...no call...wtf?!?

you have low standards my man if you thought that was a good game. Both teams could barely make it past midfield for most of the game, and both offenses consisted of mostly panicky long ball clearances to absolutely no one once their wide players ran themselves into trouble. We put together about 10 minutes of good play at the beginning of the 2nd half and that was about it.

I can't even call the officiating bad anymore, it's so consistently bad that I'm not used to seeing otherwise. It was about par for the course as far as Union games. Pajoy def got hog-tied / mugged on that run tho.

xbhaskarx

I expected Philly to struggle early but they just can't score goals... what's more surprising is neither can Toronto or Vancouver.

If MLS is actually serious about becoming a top 10 sports league in the US, they need to actually start doing something about the reffing instead of the bullshit lip service they give.

The penalty called in the SJ/Sea match was about as bad as it gets

s7evn

RSL's sloppy defending finally giving way to a Portland lead. Beautiful goal for Nagbe, potential Goal of the Year candidate again.

Is it me or are there trumpets playing the tetris theme song in the background of the Portland game.

s7evn

Wow Galaxy already down 2-0 to the Revs at home, Omar Gonzalez should retroactively be awarded 2011 MVP.

Wow at that score. What's up with the Galaxy and where's Donavon?

Henry did work for my fantasy team today, but these Galaxy schmucks are trolling me.

Just saw the Revs-Galaxy final score

:O

I wish I wasn't in NY without internet so I could've watched it. Seems like they've finally gg heir stride after dropping the first two and winning the home opener last week

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
If MLS is actually serious about becoming a top 10 sports league in the US, they need to actually start doing something about the reffing instead of the bullshit lip service they give.

The penalty called in the SJ/Sea match was about as bad as it gets

What magical leagues in Europe are you watching where the refs aren't just as bad?

Top Bottom