• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 Major League Soccer |OT| THIS LEAGUE IS RELEVANT!

Hieberrr

Formations are up:
zoLm5.png

No wonder we can't score too many goals. Half of our midfield is in the back and we have a lone striker out there.

Anyone still messing around wit fantasy teams?

If you I hope you picked RSL and Montreal guys with the double games this week :)

I only picked up Nyassi so Im praying he does well. Got Beckerman, Grabavoy and Oliave from RSL too.

The fantasy manager screwed me the week Henry had three goals...he was my captain plus my formation was different (went with a 3 man front)
but It didnt save and I had rookeis not play and Henry not as Captain...so I lost a ton of points and got pissed..
SO yeah..I used my wildcard already lol

s7evn

Anyone still messing around wit fantasy teams?

If you I hope you picked RSL and Montreal guys with the double games this week :)

I only picked up Nyassi so Im praying he does well. Got Beckerman, Grabavoy and Oliave from RSL too.

The fantasy manager screwed me the week Henry had three goals...he was my captain plus my formation was different (went with a 3 man front)
but It didnt save and I had rookeis not play and Henry not as Captain...so I lost a ton of points and got pissed..
SO yeah..I used my wildcard already lol

Yup, I had a couple guys going twice this week.

Seems odd to watch Emory (TFC) on TV since I watched him play in HS (He was a senior my Freshman year). There should be one more player from that roster in the MLS, but I guess he's stuck in the lower division.

Hieberrr

Come on TFC ... Montreal with 61% of the possessions...

Dunfield needs to go.

TFC deserves to lose this one. What a poor showing :|

We can barely move the ball past the midfield and that's really sad, because IMFC's defence isn't that great.

Hieberrr

It is so frustrating to watch TFC.

Firstly, the formation is fucked up. 4-2-3-1? Come on, you're putting 6-9 players all in your own half. This is such a dumb move considering Montreal is looking to pressure on offense. We're essentially keeping the ball in our half for them.

Secondly, because the ball is kept in our half, our midfield is no longer effective. 3 Players in the midfield no longer play in the midfield, but have to track back to the back. When we get the ball back, we can't move it out of midfield and into the Montreal half, because we have no options out there (asides from Koef, who is there by himself).

When we are able to get it out of the midfield, we have one option. Give it to Koef... but hey, that also doesn't work because he's there by himself. There is no support.

Thirdly, because we have only one striker and all of those offensive problems, Koef doesn't get the ball. You can't expect your striker to make runs when he's all the way up there by himself and contained by 2 backs. I mean, that's assuming we can even make it past the midfield.

LLShC.gif

I mean, fuck, you don't win games by playing defense only (which isn't even that good). You need to attack and score some damn goals.

Dunfield needs to GTFO the field. Ecks needs to learn how not to be such a tool sometimes. I still don't understand why people love him so much. I mean, he's not bad... but a lot of his challenges are stage 5 clumsy.

ATF487

Man, I like the 4-2-3-1, as long as you have a striker that can hold the ball up well. 2 holding midfielders lets the other three bomb on

watching LA/KC at the moment, wish I got to go to KC's stadium every other week

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Wow, Henry made that look effortless.

It was a matter of time on that Crew goal, tbh. Our defense looked terrible in the 2nd half.

Askani

Galaxy is playing very heavy Defense. I think I saw that SKC has almost 70% possession for the game. It will depend on how much the Galaxy open up in the second half trying to get that goal back.

Askani

No shots on goal from L.A. sounds ridiculous. SKC played well. I'll take a 1-0 win over the Galaxy.

5 games, 15 points. Can't really complain about that. :D

EDIT:

To celebrate, I'm going to spend the rest of shoplifter's birthday leering through the window while he's nailing his wife.

xbhaskarx

Wondo scores in the 68th minute... there goes Vancouver's scoreless streak.

Quakes whiffing on some easy tap ins smh...

2-1!

Askani

I'm really hoping we get a little respect now instead of "lol soft schedule". With L.A. being on a slide though I doubt it. Next week we have RSL at home, so that will be a true test for both of them. The two first place teams. 5-0-0 vs 5-0-1. We each have +7 goal differential. Should be a great game.

In case people didn't see it btw, ESPN did a story about Kei Kamara during the half that was pretty good.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7782178

Also, for reference, here's the clip of him "dropping" Sapong's rookie of the year award.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lStWYR5ONDU

And Kamara's snowball fight.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/fans/news/article/2011/12/15/kei-kamara-starts-snowball-fight

He seems like a really class and nice guy. I hope keeps performing well and he's here for a long while.

Sorry, couldn't perform with all of that pressure. Much like my beloved Crew.

Me taunting with chants probably didn't help...sorry.

Remy

Me taunting with chants probably didn't help...sorry.

YSA was a little much, man.

Really happy with New York yesterday. Great first 60 minutes, frustrating for Meara to lose the clean sheet. I hope Cooper's second (DAT SPIN) and Henry's second (DAT BLAST) are up for GOTW.

LA was terrible through and through. 40% possession. 62% passing completion. Only two players got an attempt off (Mike Magee and Chad Barrett), and nothing was on frame. Will be interesting to see if the pundits will finally let them free fall in the all important (heh) Power Rankings now.

Also, great moments in scoreboard interaction:

Screen%20Shot%202012-04-08%20at%2010.13.36%20AM.png

xbhaskarx

SKC vs RSL is going to be such an important game, I can't believe NBC Sports will be showing Philly vs Columbus instead...

xbhaskarx

Wow, Toronto starts the season with five straight losses. Having watched TFC quite a few times this year between CCL and MLS, I think the problem (aside from missing Frings and Dan Kennedy's ability to stop everything) is Terry Dunfield. What does this guy actually do well? I think he's terrible, yet he starts every game...

Top Bottom