• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 Major League Soccer |OT| THIS LEAGUE IS RELEVANT!

s7evn

Almost time for RSL-SKC, should be a good game. I'm not sure RSL will be able to pull this one out though.

Hpzt4.png

s7evn

Lucky first half for RSL. SKC has been doing great work with pressure and forcing RSL to play out of their comfort zone and it's allowed them to keep most of the possession. Unfortunate call on the goal for Sapong.

Askani

Got a free ticket to the Royals game, but I taped SKC vs RSL and just finished watching it...

Hell yes! Fan-freaking-tastic. I wasn't sure how well it was going to go for SKC after the first 25 minutes or so. RSL was pressuring well and really frustrating us in the middle. Eventually we took control and played the game the way we've been doing all season. Constant pressure, lots of set pieces, and breaking up all their scoring chances.

Espinoza was all over the place tonight and really played his heart out in the middle. He was constantly winning headers and taking the ball away from RSL like he was on a mission.

Also, that save by Rimando against Kamara was fantastic. This game could have easily been 3-0 without it and that BS call for Sapong's header.

Unfortunate call on the goal for Sapong.

That was so damned infuriating to watch. I have no clue what that ref thought he saw in the box that constituted a shove.

Went to the Philly vs. Columbus game yesterday, was slow...very unexciting but we got 3 :)

both teams played sub-par and it makes me worry about when we have to play better teams..

I got my All-Star tickets earlier in the week and also yesterday purchased my Schalke tickets. So its..
Schalke May 9th
Aston Villa July 18th
Chelsea July 25th

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member

Askani

So, something I just picked up on.

SKC's shots on goal streak ended at 335 minutes. It ended in the 91'rst minutes on a slow header. What I didn't catch was that the offsides flag was up for that shot. The ref allowed play to continue because the game was in the late stages and Neilson controlled and smothered the ball easily. Otherwise, the streak would still be going on. Blows my mind.

Sucks that Ceaser is hurt and can't play for us tonight. Hope he can come back soon. Will be interesting to see who Vermes sends in tonight for him. Possibly others too since this is game 2 of 3 in 8 days. He may be looking to rest some players.

So Toronto is really bad.

I'm still somewhat optimistic on them. They've got no depth and fitness, each will bite them, but it'll. Never bite them more than it did than when they were in CCL. A healthy Toronto with a hot Koevermans cold be a playoff team in the anemic east.

xbhaskarx

When will Vancouver start scoring goals, or are all Canadian teams destined to underachieve...
I look at that midfield and wonder what they were thinking when they selected Lee Nguyen and then released him.

Askani

Wow...what a gift for SKC. Vancouver was playing us tough and actually making stuff happen for shots on goal. After that own goal though...that helps ease alot of my tension.

Askani

Worthless card for Neilson. There's no reason to yell at a ref like that. Of course you're gonna get a card. And especially on a play that clearly was onsides.

Vancouver is really putting the pressure on.

Askani

I know SKC can't win them all, but I'll be pretty peeved if we lose 1-0 on a damn own goal because Myers and Cesar didn't communicate.

We're looking a little flat.

Also, should have given Chabala a card already. He's taken down Kamara like 4-5 times now and had to be verbally warned by the head ref.

Nesotenso

I know SKC can't win them all, but I'll be pretty peeved if we lose 1-0 on a damn own goal because Myers and Cesar didn't communicate.

Also, should have given Chabala a card already. He's taken down Kamara like 4-5 times now and had to be verbally warned by the head ref.

Just a boneheaded mistake. Hope we tie at least.

xbhaskarx

I don't even know who to root for given that I have Quakes season tickets but love RSL... Fuck second red card, RSL playing with 9.

s7evn

I don't even know who to root for given that I have Quakes season tickets but love RSL... Fuck second red card, RSL playing with 9.

I think SJ showed they are ready to be one of the top teams in the west. A couple unfortunate plays for RSL, but a good win for SJ (who were playing hurt). I think this season is shaping up to be quite nice, especially for us in the West. :D

Salt Lake's talent evaluation is just unreal. I don't know who the hell that number 12 rookie that scored the equalizer last night is, but he looked absolutely fantastic for a third string forward. As a Sounders fan and as a USMNT fan, I look forward to Kreis' inevitable ascent to National team head coach.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Salt Lake's talent evaluation is just unreal. I don't know who the hell that number 12 rookie that scored the equalizer last night is, but he looked absolutely fantastic for a third string forward. As a Sounders fan and as a USMNT fan, I look forward to Kreis' inevitable ascent to National team head coach.

Kreis is a very good manager.

I wonder if the RB's back line problems will continue. The Swede is a very good traffic cone. Hopefully DC can get another win tonight. We've been playing really well these past few weeks.

ATF487

Looks like everyone is watching the Rangers game instead of heading to Harrison

edit: nm stands are more full than I originally thought

On my way to PPL as I type this :)
Not sure my Union boys can get the W tonight but I'm saying a little prayer lol.

All in all, good soccer day! Union game, kinda chilly but weather is holding back the rain. And my to top it off my son was asked to play on one of the top teams in NJ for U-11's :D

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I can't believe Santos has continued to do well with our club. I hope Dudar isn't hurt too badly since he has been our best defender.

PKM: That is some cool news about your son. Congrats.

Hieberrr

TFC with an ugly ass kit. Which ever "supporter" designed this kit needs to re-evaluate themselves. What the fuck is this shit? O___o

0-7. Book it. :(

Top Bottom