• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 Major League Soccer |OT| THIS LEAGUE IS RELEVANT!

Hieberrr

TFC playing worse than academy league teams... This is so painful to watch. Fuck.

EDIT: Frings hits the post on a PK

*@T*$#UHX)*!#YT %(&#!T#)C)%C)&M$*#@C&$*@# B^V%P

O____________________________O 2-1 RSL. Own goal by TFC.

That's it... I give up.

As a Philly fan...I'm feeling your pain.

We grind out 'lucky" wins if that. Our leading scorer has 3 goals...a PK, a FK, and 1 in the run of play.

Yeah, I was at the Philly game tonigth as usual and, as usual, we blew it. Complete lack of offense. The ball rarely crosses the mid so our defenders are run down or constantly under attack. Towards the end you started seeing Valdes drift forward, Jack Mac came in for the new german guy we got Herdling (which made no sense since herdling was doing splendid and Pajoy was shit) And thats when SJ struck.

The whole game consisted of the MF trying to loft balls up to Pajoy...a useless venture. Then, in typical Union youth team fashion, anything inside the box is choke territory were it becomes a game of "no you shoot it" or "I wont shoot untill I have the PERFECT shot
Califf, Valdes, Gladdis and Williams spent all night chasing SJ, our fucking MF and strikers are not on the same page or totally useless.

Time to sit Pajoy, let Martinez or Mac up front.

Akim

Banned
I moved up to Vancouver, BC now. Wish I could afford MDL to watch the Sounders. "Streams" aren't really cutting it. I got tickets to the Sounders/Caps game up here on the 19th though!

I moved up to Vancouver, BC now. Wish I could afford MDL to watch the Sounders. "Streams" aren't really cutting it. I got tickets to the Sounders/Caps game up here on the 19th though!

Gotta be a pub you can head to, right? I watch most of our away matches at pubs. I'll be watching that game from one, I imagine.

Akim

Banned
Gotta be a pub you can head to, right? I watch most of our away matches at pubs. I'll be watching that game from one, I imagine.

There is not one soccer pub I can find here that will show the Sounders.

I don't spend money on coffee, or groceries, or anything. Everything goes to rent. My mom buys me food, no joke. I'm away at school though.

Akim

Banned
Looks like seattle is gonna play against a weak LA lineup. Poor babbys don't wanna play on turf :(((. Saw Beckham hammin it up at the lakers game last night.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like seattle is gonna play against a weak LA lineup. Poor babbys don't wanna play on turf :(((. Saw Beckham hammin it up at the lakers game last night.

Turf sucks. It looks like Saunders checked himself into the substance abuse program so he won't play either.

ATF487

Revs playing decently after letting up that first goal, they're leading 2-1

Weird to see Alston puking on the field though

xbhaskarx

This Quakes DC game is great so far, two talented teams playing very well right now.

Busch just made an incredible save on a DeRo bicycle kick...

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Our back line is in shambles with both of our best center backs out.

Xbhaskarx: This SJ CSN channel is really annoying me with all of these pop ups appearing or these interviews that take up part of the screen.

xbhaskarx

I'm not sure what you're talking about because I'm at the game... are they showing the SJ feed on MLS Live?

It's crazy how different the Quakes are from when they played DC at home late last season...

xbhaskarx

4-2 Wondo again!

DC bring in Salihi for Danny Cruz, is this guy any good?

They certainly have a plenty of attacking players in the game with Salihi, Santos, DeRo, Pontius, DeLeon, and Najar...

blurrygil

SSFC%2520vs%2520HOU%25202012%2520%2528502%2529.JPG

SSFCvToronto%252017MAR12%2520%2528416%2529.JPG

Matchday day, lads!!

CMON YOU SOUNDERS!!!

Today we go 2nd top of the table!!

Askani

Just got to watch the SKC vs. Montreal Game.

First off, that was a great first goal by Montreal. Absolutely nothing Nielsen could do about that. That being said, I think the penalty kick was a complete BS call and should have never happened. Colin won the ball without touching the offensive player. Just bad. Ref had more than a few bad calls going both ways all night tonight, but that was the worst.

Second. KC is really starting to show it's weaknesses. Zusi loses the ball too easily in the middle. Kamara isn't getting great touches in front of goal or shots. Sapong is being defensed heavily and shut down. We hardly have any true scoring opportunities during the run of play. The last two games we've been shut down on set pieces and that closes almost all of the scoring chances for us. We need to find a way to get more breakaway scoring chances and better overall shots.

It got us a great start, but hard charging and living and dying on set pieces clearly isn't going to cut it anymore. Vermes is going to have to figure out something soon to avoid wasting this awesome start.

blurrygil

First off, that was a great first goal by Montreal. Absolutely nothing Nielsen could do about that. That being said, I think the penalty kick was a complete BS call and should have never happened. Colin won the ball without touching the offensive player. Just bad. Ref had more than a few bad calls going both ways all night tonight, but that was the worst.

I have to agree. Very soft penalty given there.

As a referee myself, however, I want to remind people that there is no such thing as "winning the ball first" stipulation to awarding a foul. This is merely a common barometer for referees. The referee can award a foul/PK if he deems a tackle was made recklessly or with excessive force, regardless of intent or result of that action.

In this situation, I truly believe Guzman gets it wrong. One of the biggest fundamentals, if not the biggest, of refereeing in football is positioning. And Guzman is about 15 yds, directly behind the play. It makes me wonder what he had to have seen to give that penalty.

RSL, DC, and Vancouver won, too.
Just listing teams that are better and/or more entertaining than the Sounders
Okay maybe Vancouver isn't, but they should be...

The RSL match was a real howler. Dreadful officiating from Gantar thru perspectives. No handball call on RSL's 1st goal. The issuing of the 2nd sending off. Overruling some touch calls. It was an exciting match and all, but Gantar will have to receive a poor review for his work last night.

From my perspective, the initial red card given was definitely justified. Leaving your boot exposed like that whilst running at that high of a rate towards a player or 50/50 ball is truly wreckless, on both player's part. Johnson was the one to get there late and chose to not check up his tackle, and therefore is rightfully sent off.

That 2nd tackle was certainly not a sending off. If fact, after looking at replays, it was Olave with the foul. That foul would also be a booking and, based on the precedent set by Gantar, possibly another sending off. I can see where Gantar thought he would be seeing a foul against Cardenas based on the way Olave went down and reacted. But Cardenas did nothing to receive a call. Especially a sending off.

Great job Capo'ing 121 today.

Cheers man....

Whuuu?

Who is this?!? :)

s7evn

The RSL match was a real howler. Dreadful officiating from Gantar thru perspectives. No handball call on RSL's 1st goal. The issuing of the 2nd sending off. Overruling some touch calls. It was an exciting match and all, but Gantar will have to receive a poor review for his work last night.

From my perspective, the initial red card given was definitely justified. Leaving your boot exposed like that whilst running at that high of a rate towards a player or 50/50 ball is truly wreckless, on both player's part. Johnson was the one to get there late and chose to not check up his tackle, and therefore is rightfully sent off.

That 2nd tackle was certainly not a sending off. If fact, after looking at replays, it was Olave with the foul. That foul would also be a booking and, based on the precedent set by Gantar, possibly another sending off. I can see where Gantar thought he would be seeing a foul against Cardenas based on the way Olave went down and reacted. But Cardenas did nothing to receive a call. Especially a sending off.
All the hate on RSL when he missed calls going both ways? No penalty kick for Espindola. The Olave argument you're making is absurd since he got ball first and was placing his foot to the ground where Cardenas was foolish enough to come in late (no foul on either side let alone a red). Overall it was a dreadful night for the ref, but giving him two teams who previously had 5 reds in two games isn't going to help.

Top Bottom