• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 Major League Soccer |OT| THIS LEAGUE IS RELEVANT!

I would just like to thank Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment for destroying what was once one of the best fanbases in soccer.
It took a lot of effort to fail so spectacularly for 6 straight years while still managing to constantly raise ticket prices at the same time.
The city of Toronto tried so hard to love TFC but you made it impossible. All those empty seats and the dead atmosphere is all thanks to you guys at MLSE! Bravo.

blurrygil

I moved up to Vancouver, BC now. Wish I could afford MDL to watch the Sounders. "Streams" aren't really cutting it. I got tickets to the Sounders/Caps game up here on the 19th though!

You gonna be in the away section with us?

All the hate on RSL when he missed calls going both ways? No penalty kick for Espindola. The Olave argument you're making is absurd since he got ball first and was placing his foot to the ground where Cardenas was foolish enough to come in late (no foul on either side let alone a red). Overall it was a dreadful night for the ref, but giving him two teams who previously had 5 reds in two games isn't going to help.

Geeez man, relax. There's no hate. Just my perspective. There's no absurdity to the 2nd sending off. Even the announcers saw and mentioned it. Olave initiates the contact. But like I said, based on what he called earlier in the match, I can see where Gantar called that a late tackle on Cardenas. But on replay, it isn't. One can't expect the referee to see it in slow motion, man. As a referee myself, I might've done the same...so I empathize with him.

But hey, as an RSL supporter, you've got your take on it. And that's fine.

And yes, Gantar was dreadful that night on all aspects. Nothing, no matter how many years you have for experience, can prepare you for your early career as a center in the top-flight of your country's league. Nothing.

I would just like to thank Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment for destroying what was once one of the best fanbases in soccer.
It took a lot of effort to fail so spectacularly for 6 straight years straight while still managing to constantly raise ticket prices at the same time.
The city of Toronto tried so hard to love TFC but you made it impossible. All those empty seats and the dead atmosphere is all thanks to you guys at MLSE! Bravo.

Absolutely tragic up there, man. Are you RPB or any other supporter?

It took a lot of effort to fail so spectacularly for 6 straight years straight while still managing to constantly raise ticket prices at the same time.

All secrets lie in Winter's notepad.

Absolutely tragic up there, man. Are you RPB or any other supporter?

Nah. I respect supporters groups for all they add to the games but I don't like the idea of having a common voice in case the views of the group would ever clash with mine.
I'm just a huge fan. I'm dumb enough to stick around through all of this but it's gonna get worse and worse for the average casual fan. Thousands already stopped coming and the stadium is dead silent this season.. but I guess expensive tickets and an 0-8 record will do that.

I'll be at the Philly vs. Schalke 04 friendly tomorrow night :)

They even match me tickets, I bought 3 so they gave me 3 for free!

Supposedly its the last game ever for Raul.

Akim

Banned
Oic!

Post on our forums? Have we met? Are you in the Brougham End with us?

Inquiring minds (well, me) want to know! :D

I think I have like...5 posts on the ECS forum. I just joined this year before I moved. I don't have seaon tickets, but every time I make it to a game I make sure to grab GA tickets from the ticket exchange, which was probably only like six times. Don't think we've met, but I guess I'll see ya in Vancouver yea?

alessandro nesta is holding a press conference tomorrow to announce his plans for the future. rumours are floating around that he will announce that he is going to the red bulls. i really really hope it is true, i love milan and nesta and seeing him in newark would be great.

Meara is a beast.

yeah man. a rookie with three consecutive shut-outs, what a catch.

Was at the Union vs. Schalke 04 game tonight.

Was a pretty good game despite the poor weather. Attendance was low but we crowded the River End and had a good time in the rain :)
Game had some "incidents" lol
A big hit on Huntelaar..missed PK, a goal in the final seconds..great night!

Few shots I got..

Chase.jpg

nope.jpg

Socreges

Banned
I know it's just Edmonton FC, but it's fun seeing Vancouver play games of a different consequence.

Nice shots, Pkm. Why was Schalke in Philly?

I know it's just Edmonton FC, but it's fun seeing Vancouver play games of a different consequence.

Nice shots, Pkm. Why was Schalke in Philly?

Friendly game.

We saw Everton last year. Missed Real Madrid tho, wasnt paying out the ass to sit in a football stadium with 50,000 Americans wearing Real colors..

I got my kid on the field again tonight..too :)
Got to walk with one of our guys.
GabeandAidan.jpg

So far my kids walked out onto the field with Everton and now Schalke...thats more then some pros lol.

Socreges

Banned
Camilo is such a douche
KuGsj.gif

Pkm, I figured it was a friendly. I guess it still hasn't quite registered with me that MLS teams have random friendlies with European clubs throughout the season.

blurrygil

I think I have like...5 posts on the ECS forum. I just joined this year before I moved. I don't have seaon tickets, but every time I make it to a game I make sure to grab GA tickets from the ticket exchange, which was probably only like six times. Don't think we've met, but I guess I'll see ya in Vancouver yea?

Yeah man. Hit me up at the buses when they arrive. Can't miss me, just see my avatar...heh.

But are your tickets in our section? If not, I'm 99% certain you can come over and join us.

Fredy!!!!!

with the brace!

Such brilliance. Went so mental on those I nearly headbutt my woman...seriously.

I'm just a fan, not an expert. Is 3 goals allowed in 9 games good?

Yes. Talking about Gspurning for SSFC? If not, you should be. ;-)

Was at the Union vs. Schalke 04 game tonight.

Was a pretty good game despite the poor weather. Attendance was low but we crowded the River End and had a good time in the rain :)
Game had some "incidents" lol
A big hit on Huntelaar..missed PK, a goal in the final seconds..great night!

Few shots I got..

You kids have a good thing going on there at your grounds.

If you ever see him, say hi to your top boy Cory for me.

TFC has done very well against teams (LA, Montreal) in other competitions. Yet they're terrible in the MLS. Weird.

It's cos other clubs don't care as much for other comps. All their money is invested in winning/doing well in the league. Sad, really.

And ya got yerself a handsome young man there, PKM. Looks like a footballer...hair n all, like me. Heh.

Akim

Banned
Yeah man. Hit me up at the buses when they arrive. Can't miss me, just see my avatar...heh.

But are your tickets in our section? If not, I'm 99% certain you can come over and join us.

Oh yeah, they are. I bought em from ECS a while back. I bought two, so I'm bringing my girlfriend with me, who isn't the biggest fan, but I'm trying to convert her. I'll be down there waitin for the buses to arrive for the march in!

Without MDL this year I haven't been able to see my Canadian teams. One of them needs to turn into a juggernaut so they are shown on US tv at least once next year.

blurrygil

Give Meredith some credit too. His save against... Sealy?... last night was incredible.

I've always said that kid was brilliant. Has been for Kitsap for some time. So much better than Boss. I digress, I do miss Eylander from the days of yore.

You know he's been hurt? I was talking about the team.

I'm more than aware of his injury. Much of the credit does go to him for those stats.

Oh yeah, they are. I bought em from ECS a while back. I bought two, so I'm bringing my girlfriend with me, who isn't the biggest fan, but I'm trying to convert her. I'll be down there waitin for the buses to arrive for the march in!

Brilliant! I'll let you know which bus I'm on. We've got 7 buses of just us, 60+ seaters too. Gonna be mental.

Was a god night of games.

Tomorrow night is game night for us here in Philly tho! NY is coming to town :)

Place is gonna be PACKED! The Philly vs. NY rivalry spans all sports I guess lol. Last years game at PPL was had an epic goal at the end, hope we do a bit better and crush the Pink Cows...that is if we shoot the damn ball!

hopefully some confidence from the Schalke game will carry over, as well as some coaching/personal/tactical changes.

Top Bottom