• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 Major League Soccer |OT| THIS LEAGUE IS RELEVANT!

Askani

Our offense is so impotent sometimes it makes me sick. Chance after chance after chance and we walk away with 1 goal. We can put so much pressure on the other side and get nothing out of it so many times it's ridiculous.

I'm supremely confident we will make the playoffs, but I doubt our ability to make any kind of a run at all. We just don't score enough goals.

Nesotenso

Our offense is so impotent sometimes it makes me sick. Chance after chance after chance and we walk away with 1 goal. We can put so much pressure on the other side and get nothing out of it so many times it's ridiculous.

I'm supremely confident we will make the playoffs, but I doubt our ability to make any kind of a run at all. We just don't score enough goals.
Just inept upfront. Also seem to run into the most in form keepers.

Askani

While on Safari today, I spotted a rare animal in the wild. The elusive White Puma of the Plains. A fearsome creature for sure, but I was able to momentarily tame the monster and snap this photo for the official scientific record. I said, "Thanks for all your hard work", then released the noble beast back into the dark night from whence he came.

photo0269qfct8.jpg

Uhm...ignore the fat guy in the photo with him. <.<

Askani

Saw his comment on twitter about it:

"Shalrie Joseph &#8207;@ShalrieJoseph21
1 of the saddest days of my life, I believed n trusted that I would retire a Rev. It's a tough business but am looking forward to the future"

Too bad. I feel sorry for him.

ATF487

Saw his comment on twitter about it:

"Shalrie Joseph &#8207;@ShalrieJoseph21
1 of the saddest days of my life, I believed n trusted that I would retire a Rev. It's a tough business but am looking forward to the future"

Too bad. I feel sorry for him.

I feel sorry for him too, he was always a professional and stayed with the team despite interest abroad, but this is the right move for the team. He's been a liability for the last year and a half.

He also has been the highest paid member of the team since Twellman retired...I don't think the team wants to really invest money in a DP but this will help immensely

So you gus see the pic I posted on the page or two back of my son for the MLS XBOX360 fan pic contest...

Wel...I won!
Got a 360, Kinect, 2 games and 5 tickets to my MLS teams games :)

Just in time for Borderlands, time for some co-op with the little man! Not sure what to do with the tixs tho, got season ones already and dont knwo how good these tickets will be..

elsk

Banned
Welcome back. I wanted to talk about Bengston signing but you were banned when it happened.

Haha, yes. I'm really happy for him, he made the mistake to move from one local club to another one and his career took a hit, he wasn't scoring anymore so they wanted to offload him before the Olympics (nobody believed he would score there).

I always rated him very highly, he's by far our best striker atm. He's a very complete type of striker.

I still think he could've moved to a better club (no offense to NER) if he (or his former club) had waited a little bit more.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Haha, yes. I'm really happy for him, he made the mistake to move from one local club to another one and his career took a hit, he wasn't scoring anymore so they wanted to offload him before the Olympics (nobody believed he would score there).

I always rated him very highly, he's by far our best striker atm. He's a very complete type of striker.

I love watching young foreign talent come here and succeed. I've also been rooting for Andy and the rest of the Honduran squad in London. I haven't been able to watch any of the matches due to work.

elsk

Banned
I love watching young foreign talent come here and succeed. I've also been rooting for Andy and the rest of the Honduran squad in London. I haven't been able to watch any of the matches due to work.

Well, Bengtson is a little bit older. I think he's on his 25 already, as I said his career was 'stuck' thanks to his move to a "bigger" local club. He should've moved years ago, there was interested from Spanish clubs but nothing happened, I think his club was asking for too much money back then.

Lets hope he does very good in the MLS like the other honduran players.
I'm really excited about Mario Martínez moving -finally!-, he's seriously talented, but he wasn't improving at all anymore in the local league. A move to the MLS should be very good for him, specially to the Seattle Sounders (I really like watching their stadium full of fans :p).

The two first matches (vs. Morocco and Spain) were amazing, today match vs. Japan was very 'meh'. I guess they were still tired after the Spain match, Najar was the only one impressive today.

Askani

Got to meet Nielsen again on the way in. Sweet!

Also, I was slow with the camera so I missed the pic, but I got to see the Open Cup trophy. Hope it stays here. :p

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Well, Bengtson is a little bit older. I think he's on his 25 already, as I said his career was 'stuck' thanks to his move to a "bigger" local club. He should've moved years ago, there was interested from Spanish clubs but nothing happened, I think his club was asking for too much money back then.

Lets hope he does very good in the MLS like the other honduran players.
I'm really excited about Mario Martínez moving -finally!-, he's seriously talented, but he wasn't improving at all anymore in the local league. A move to the MLS should be very good for him, specially to the Seattle Sounders (I really like watching their stadium full of fans :p).

The two first matches (vs. Morocco and Spain) were amazing, today match vs. Japan was very 'meh'. I guess they were still tired after the Spain match, Najar was the only one impressive today.

Im glad his injury wasn't serious and that his substituion was mainly due to his yellow card.

Askani

SKC vs Stoke City match was pretty good for most of the game. Then the part where the softest of all penalty calls happened:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJkE12Wb6kE&feature=player_detailpage#t=7257s

I mean...really? I'm not just being a homer here right?

At least we got it back on the laziest, weakest, softest keeper clearance ever. I mean, it was just God awful...I couldn't even believe it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJkE12Wb6kE&feature=player_detailpage#t=7802s

And then it went right to Miller. He didn't even really have to move to make the header. Unbelievable.

Anyway, so I met Nielsen again, I met Eric Kronberg (our GK for this game), and Aurelien Collin...and got autographs from Kronberg and Collin. Also met and shook hands with a couple Stoke City players. Kronberg was super nice. Collin seemed kind of douchey, but I don't know if that's because he is a douche or just because he's French.

EDIT:::::
Grats on your contest win by the way Pkm. As for the extra tickets, sell them on StubHub, send me the money, and I'll go to some SKC matches. lol

Daigoro

I feel sorry for him too, he was always a professional and stayed with the team despite interest abroad, but this is the right move for the team. He's been a liability for the last year and a half.

He also has been the highest paid member of the team since Twellman retired...I don't think the team wants to really invest money in a DP but this will help immensely

He hasn't been up to the high standard he once was, but he was far from being a liability. Thats straight nonsense.

Yeah this was kind of a surprise move (to he and the others on the team as well), but there were some signs. Its not a bad move for the Revs, but its sad to see him go.

Too bad it had to be to Chivas though... shame.

Sounders game was pretty awesome last night. Sitting pretty much on the sideline was perhaps part of the charm.

Also: Now that Levesque retired, my friend (who runs into him fairly consistently) is going to try to recruit him onto our rec team. If he succeeds, I will pee myself.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Sounders game was pretty awesome last night. Sitting pretty much on the sideline was perhaps part of the charm.

Also: Now that Levesque retired, my friend (who runs into him fairly consistently) is going to try to recruit him onto our rec team. If he succeeds, I will pee myself.

I saw a good amount of the first half and was entertained. Rose looked good.

I wish we made this thread more active.

Weaselred

I'm trying to convince my buddy who plays for ECS FC to recruit him for the games versus timbers army's rec team.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
for those of you they aren't aware, there's a new TV show MLS 36 debuting tonight on NBC Sports Network at 9:30pm EST. Looks like they follow players around behind scenes for 36 hours leading up to a game. The first episode is with Wondo leading up to and at the All-Star game

check the video, looks pretty interesting, nice to see the MLS getting some more exposure

http://www.mlssoccer.com/video/2012/08/02/mls-36-wondolowski-true-all-star-promo

I'll try to catch some of it. Is it a thirty minute program? It is odd that the second episode which is about Fredy Montero, airs on the 10th at 10:30 instead of a week later.

There are plenty of matches on national tv tonight. One on NBCS, ESPN2, and the Real Madrid/Santos Laguna friendly on Fox Soccer.

zedge

Go Sounders, game is actually on GOLTV here, no shitty stream. Woot!

60,000 at Century Link, nutz! I want to see a game there so bad.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Go Sounders, game is actually on GOLTV here, no shitty stream. Woot!

60,000 at Century Link, nutz! I want to see a game there so bad.

Are you a Sounders fan? Would you switch if Calgary got a team?

The MLS 36 episode wasn't bad. Even if Wondolowski doesn't break the record his story has been great to follow. From a reserve player to a guy at the top of the scoring charts for several years.

zedge

Are you a Sounders fan? Would you switch if Calgary got a team?

The MLS 36 episode wasn't bad. Even if Wondolowski doesn't break the record his story has been great to follow. From a reserve player to a guy at the top of the scoring charts for several years.

I would have a heart attack if Calgary got an MLS team.. :( Probably wont happen any time soon. I remember Sportsnet asking the Commissioner of MLS if they had any future plans for more Canadian teams and he said not in the near future.

I watch all the Canadian teams, but I really like the Sounders. Been to Seattle a couple of times and love the city. Great fans. We did go a to Whitecaps game on July 22nd vs the Earthquakes.. speaking of Wondolowski, no Sounders games when we where there though. Went to the Mariners game and Wayne Gretzky was there..haha. Need to time our trip next time to get to a game. We did the tour of Centruy Link last year, such a beautiful stadium.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I love the Seattle and Portland support. I hope once we start construction on a stadium it can revitalize for DC United.

Did anyone see the headbutt yesterday against the Union player? What was Rivas thinking? What an idiot.

zedge

Yea, Portland looks crazy too, fans are just awesome. Such good support in the pacific northwest.

A proper soccer stadium can do wonders for sure.

*edit 2-0 Sounders.. what a goal by Montero!

That was amazing. And after the open cup match, we've got San Jose on Saturday! Win that game, and we're only 4 points back with a game in hand - not a very large deficit.

That game was so good, that by the end of it, I almost forgot it was 90 degrees.

I always thought the Sounders had kind of a weak back line, but crikey LA's was awful.

Askani

I was out of town this weekend + Monday, so I didn't get to see the SKC game. I just watched the highlights and man, that was a sweet touch from Bunbury to get around the defender for that goal in the Revs game. Every time I get down on him, he shows some flash of brilliance that makes me rethink my opinion of him.

Top Bottom