• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 Major League Soccer |OT| THIS LEAGUE IS RELEVANT!

Osorio

From Steven Goff:

Pardon if already reported but hearing Red Bulls have reached terms with Lloyd Sam, winger most recently with Leeds & Notts County #mls

Beautiful! We traded Dane Richards for Le Toux, and we replaced Richards with a guy who is the same age, roughly the same speed, and he can cross. Now Le Toux can play striker where he belongs.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
That would be great and ultimately what you guys deserve. I haven't gone to a DC away game since 2009 because the upper deck would freak me out. Some sections seriously felt like you were bouncing on clay. I'm probably going on the 29th because I heard the away section is now in 118 or whatever, where La Norte used to be.

Well the lower sections are on rollers. It is fun jumping up and down and having the entire section shake beneath you.

I really wish you guys could switch back to the Metrostar name.

Osorio

Well the lower sections are on rollers. It is fun jumping up and down and having the entire section shake beneath you.

I really wish you guys could switch back to the Metrostar name.

Me too, me too :(

If you go on Metrofanatic you'll see that the name issue is still the most talked about TO THIS DAY. Honestly, I like Red Bull as owners but why'd they have to change the name?! So stupid. Like I said, I'd love for the Cosmos to come in and cause our ticket sales to plummet giving a reason for Red Bull to sell or change the name to better cater to the area's soccer fans.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Can you guys tell me if any other MlS teams employ any full time scouts? Morsink retired and became our first full time scout thanks to the new financial backing we relieved. Before I just think it was the coaches and general manager who went on scouting trips.

Osorio

Can you guys tell me if any other MlS teams employ any full time scouts? Morsink retired and became our first full time scout thanks to the new financial backing we relieved. Before I just think it was the coaches and general manager who went on scouting trips.

When we were under the reigns of Juan Carlos Osorio, Jeff Agoos was the one who scouted throughout the Americas for talent.

He was awful, god awful.

Osorio

Our newly acquired goalkeeper Bill Gaudette is playing for Puerto Rico vs. Spain.

He's having a good game. Spain is up 2-1 in the 86th

Osorio

Do you think he'll still compete for the starting job?

Judging from the past he'll do what everyone doesn't want and give Gaudette the starting job. I mean he has been very good I remember him keeping us in the game vs. Seattle and in games we lost the defense left him out to dry. However, I'd like to think it's Meara's spot to lose. Despite being a rookie he hasn't really made rookie mistakes outside of the first 5 games. Either way, it's a good problem to have.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Judging from the past he'll do what everyone doesn't want and give Gaudette the starting job. I mean he has been very good I remember him keeping us in the game vs. Seattle and in games we lost the defense left him out to dry. However, I'd like to think it's Meara's spot to lose. Despite being a rookie he hasn't really made rookie mistakes outside of the first 5 games. Either way, it's a good problem to have.

I asked because of Robles being signed.

Osorio

I asked because of Robles being signed.

I have a feeling Robles is gonna start Sunday. Backe probably wants Meara to take it slow with his hip injury and Gaudette just played a game mid-week. Then again, he's a keeper. All I know is that Robles did not get the nod for #1 keeper.

Yeah, he was very good that game.

LandawgDew

Neo Member

RSL has former player Andy Williams as their main scout. I also believe that they have others that work under him but I am not positive if this is the case. If it is true, I can't remember their names at this time.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Philly. Fans, Cruz is a nice squad player who is all hustle and work rate. I would say he doesn't have much technique.He is the perfect guy to sub in and terrorize tired players during the second half. I have no clue why we got Pajoy. We have way too many strikers.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Did anyone else see the fail moment from ESPN today? The SportsCenter twitter posted a tweet linking a video of penalty kick failures and made a jab at the Red Bulls. They didn't do any research because e video showed FC Salzburg Red Bulls. They eventually deleted the tweet but didn't apologize.

Philly. Fans, Cruz is a nice squad player who is all hustle and work rate. I would say he doesn't have much technique.He is the perfect guy to sub in and terrorize tired players during the second half. I have no clue why we got Pajoy. We have way too many strikers.

from a Union perspective I'm not a fan of the trade, but I understand why it happened
we are in fire sale mode, trying to clear salary off the books and run any of Peter Nowak's acquisitions out of town that aren't that useful

Pajoy is a good player, hes a bit slow of foot but has pretty good size and can hold up play well. He's pretty crafty for a big slow guy and usually finds himself in good areas with and without the ball but has been snakebitten all year long hitting post after post it seems.

Peter Nowak played a shitty 1 forward system for half the year that didn't really suit his talents where we lobbed air balls to him constantly while he was triple-covered all game long which is why his goal output to games played ratio looks suspect. He started picking up his play when he was paired with some help and moved out wide on the wing in the 4-3-3 rather than centrally. He's a pretty good player to have off the bench and is also defensively responsible. Good team guy as well who didn't make any waves here even through tough stretches.

DC pretty much fleeced us if it was a 1 for 1 deal.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
He sounds like a carbon copy of Santos. My bet is Pajoy will be finding himself a new team after this season. I'm not talking down upon him. The team just has way too many forwards.

He sounds like a carbon copy of Santos. My bet is Pajoy will be finding himself a new team after this season. I'm not talking down upon him. The team just has way too many forwards.

yeah i got the sense even before Ives floated rumors the Union were shopping him that he wouldn't be back next year for us either. He will probably go back to Colombia since he's probably not gonna see another payday in the MLS again at his age after his lack of production this year.

Osorio

Did anyone else see the fail moment from ESPN today? The SportsCenter twitter posted a tweet linking a video of penalty kick failures and made a jab at the Red Bulls. They didn't do any research because e video showed FC Salzburg Red Bulls. They eventually deleted the tweet but didn't apologize.

I love! being 1 of 5 teams that are the Red Bulls.

elsk

Banned
Mario Martínez finally joined Seattle Sounders today.
And looks like Colorado Rapids are very close to signing honduran international Hendry Thomas, former Wigan player.

Askani

Goddamn. TFC players keep collapsing under the smallest touch. Are they made out of tissue paper? And and the ref is happy to give them the call every time they do.

Askani

Hell yes Kamara. Been way too long since you've had a goal that wasn't a penalty.

Great shot. I was going to grumble and settle for a road point, but fuck yeah 3 points. Just have to hold a couple more minutes.

Osorio

Montreal and San Jose are tied 1-1 after the half. Both are down a man.

10 v 10 at home

I can only imagine Montreal fucking this up.

Allez l'Impact!

Osorio

I gotta say, Montreal are probably the least scariest team to face offensively.

When you have Justin Mapp dashing up the left side (dat hairline) trying to get it to Di Vaio it's like WHAT?!

Osorio

2nd red for San Jose

Bernier converted the penalty 3-1 L'IMPACT

The boys better not fuck it up tomorrow.

Portland is ass on the road.

Nesotenso

2nd red for San Jose

Bernier converted the penalty 3-1 L'IMPACT

The boys better not fuck it up tomorrow.

Portland is ass on the road.

how is the officiating ? It sounds terrible. Anyway MTL winning means SKC are a point behind SJ so not complaining. Next week's game at Livestrong against NY should be great.

Osorio

how is the officiating ? It sounds terrible. Anyway MTL winning means SKC are a point behind SJ so not complaining. Next week's game at Livestrong against NY should be great.

I didn't see the first two red cards but the third one was deserved. Last defender, pulled down in the box.

It sounds like it would be a good game but we are a completely different team on the road. It's not even tactics or anything like that they just don't play with any speed or grit. Henry's been blasting the team about that so maybe they'll show up at Livestrong but I learned not to count on it.

Intresting game tomorrow for the Union, seeing Cruz face off against his team from just a week ago lol.

I know we will lose tho, this season is just a bust...

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
They're in a playoff spot! DC just needs to lose all 5 of their games in hand.

The scheduling this year is complete garbage. We barely played any games the past two months.

I can see either team winning tonight but our record at home is pretty decent. It is hard to tell because both teams have been bad.

elsk

Banned
A0sUVPhCEAAQzt5.jpg

Colorado Rapids' new player: Hendry Thomas.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Wow we get a PK. I'll rewatch later to see if it was a good call. If not it is just karma for the called off goal. The ref has been crap. He gives too many warnings and was letting the game get too chippy.

Lol the ref did not discipline the teams early enough. The camera didn't even show why Boskovic was sent off. This game needs to end. Dudar with a dumb challenge. Lahoud had three 'last warnings' after his first yellow and never got another card.

Nesotenso

the last five minutes of this match was pure shit. Referee was fucking terrible and affecting the game way too much. The league needs to do something about terrible referees.

Top Bottom