• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 Major League Soccer |OT| THIS LEAGUE IS RELEVANT!

Askani

was a make shift lineup and terrible conditions for most of the game helped no one. let's hope Chicago slip up.

Yeah I know. 3 games in 8 days has that effect. Oh well, 5 points up is 5 points. Let's see what tonight brings.

Side note, I still hate Micheal Harrington. We started calling him "The Match" because every time he touches the ball he gets burned. He's has no real moves, poor ball control, constantly getting beat, gives the ball away cheaply, and is just generally awful.

Nesotenso

Yeah I know. 3 games in 8 days has that effect. Oh well, 5 points up is 5 points. Let's see what tonight brings.

Side note, I still hate Micheal Harrington. We started calling him "The Match" because every time he touches the ball he gets burned. He's has no real moves, poor ball control, constantly getting beat, gives the ball away cheaply, and is just generally awful.

no disagreement there.

Osorio

What happened in the NY game ?

We got an undeserved lead in stoppage time, then on the last kick of the game the Revs tied it up because Gaudette is seemingly too nervous when he has to come out. However, that has nothing to do with the fact that Hans Backe is a fucking idiot. Connor Lade, despite being beat the entire game and already on a yellow was not taken out for Barklage who is a better RB anyway and he got a red card leaving us down a man for the last 15 minutes.

Backe doesn't know how to manage a lineup, he doesn't know how to use substitutions, and he doesn't know how to change tactics.

I mean that's the three most important tasks a manager is given on gameday. Fucking moron. With our squad we should be winning the supporter's shield.

Meier

Seeing a highlight reel from today's games -- a couple great goals by the Galaxy.. but wow at the Union's equalizer.

Edit: Umm, apparently at least the Galaxy game was from the 14th.

Osorio

Attendances from yesterday's matches

19,172 in Chicago
20,521 in Montreal
24,364 in NE
27,000 in LA
38,948 in Seattle
20,524 in Salt Lake

This league is RELEVANT

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul

19,172 in Chicago
20,521 in Montreal
24,364 in NE
27,000 in LA
38,948 in Seattle
20,524 in Salt Lake

This league is RELEVANT

recent NBC viewership numbers say otherwise :D.

anyways, how does pavel pardo look for chicago fire?

Nesotenso

19,172 in Chicago
20,521 in Montreal
24,364 in NE
27,000 in LA
38,948 in Seattle
20,524 in Salt Lake

This league is RELEVANT

What happened here ? NY coming into town gets that may people to show up ? Glad attendance is up. SJ with their new stadium will only make the average better. What we need is better TV ratings.

Osorio

What happened here ? NY coming into town gets that may people to show up ? Glad attendance is up. SJ with their new stadium will only make the average better. What we need is better TV ratings.

They honestly need to have a flexible schedule. Most of the games are decided by which crowds will be the largest when they should actually be choosing games by the best quality on the field. It's no longer 2002, most games have more than decent crowds even if they are not sold out.

ATF487

It was hispanic heritage night, and college kids also got cheaper tickets for showing up.

Still, it's the largest attendance for a non-doubleheader in ages

Subitai

It was hispanic heritage night, and college kids also got cheaper tickets for showing up.

Still, it's the largest attendance for a non-doubleheader in ages
Were you there or know anyone who was? That's really good anyway.

Um, how much seating is available for standard Rev home games?

Meier

What we need is better TV ratings.

I actually watched a few matches last week at times but I can't get away with it too often because the PL dominates either Saturday or Sunday mornings for me as is and my fiancee has her limit. Keep crossing your fingers for me for Orlando City to get promoted!

As far as the ratings go, they just need more games on TV. You have to inundate people to get them interested. 1-2 games a week is never going to cut it for getting casual observers interested.

xbhaskarx

I posted this ESPN article on FIFA13 in the US soccer thread, but I thought this was relevant here:

soc_roger_graphic2_300.jpg

This map represents the most popular Support Your Club, state by state: Green (Barcelona), red (Man Utd.), blue (Chicago Fire), purple (Philadelphia Union), brown (Timbers).

I'm surprised any MLS team was popular enough to make it, I figured it would just be Barcelona, ManU and maybe Liverpool. I'm assuming the other unidentified colors are the Sounders, RSL, SKC, and the Crew...
lol North Dakota

Well, I "Re-Dooped" for 2013 :)
Win or lose I love it to much to ever let go of these tickets and not support my boys for another year. Sure this season was alot worse then last year but it every game was still a blast.

2013 Season tickets bought, just hoping the Union can pull it together and turn things around.

Osorio

Poor NY. They have Henry and still don't give a damn about the team.

It's a whole slew of problems.

1) They are competing with 9 other sports teams, 2 of which are baseball teams they directly compete with in attention for most of the season. The media has no space for them.
2) No winning
3) That whole we're named after a energy drink thing. People feel embarassed to wear the jersey or even mention that they like the RED BULLS
4) They play in New Jersey. New York people don't mind coming to New Jersey for football games because they're NFL games but for anything other than that or Atlantic City New Jersey is like hell to them. Our season ticket fanbase is around 75% from New Jersey (myself included)

Osorio

Might have more to do with the sheer amount of people there and the fact they have so many people from other countries.

This is also a problem. People from Colombia will still watch Atletico Nacional or Millionarios over RBNY, same for Argentinians, Egyptians, Germans, Salvadorians, etc.

Everyone has a team they follow back home + Real Madrid or Barcelona or some team from Europe. Bars in the city on Saturday mornings get packed every weekend.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I posted this ESPN article on FIFA13 in the US soccer thread, but I thought this was relevant here:

I'm surprised any MLS team was popular enough to make it, I figured it would just be Barcelona, ManU and maybe Liverpool. I'm assuming the other unidentified colors are the Sounders, RSL, SKC, and the Crew...
lol North Dakota

It is true for me I started playing fifa in the 90's and instantly fell in love with the Barcelona kit. Never got to see a game but I remember beasting with Rivaldo back in the day. Of course I'm hispanic so I always loved soccer but that's how I picked my club. well that and the 92 olympics were awesome

Alabama being utd fans is funny

Frank the Great said:
fuck barca

scott-tenorman-picture.jpg

----I'm from Colombia and I don't watch that league at all. I rather watch the la liga or seria a teams (and Porto) that have lots of Colombians in their team. If you're still playing in Colombia you're too young or suck

Akim

Banned
It is true for me I started playing fifa in the 90's and instantly fell in love with the Barcelona kit. Never got to see a game but I remember beasting with Rivaldo back in the day. Of course I'm hispanic so I always loved soccer but that's how I picked my club. well that and the 92 olympics were awesome

Alabama being utd fans is funny

scott-tenorman-picture.jpg

----I'm from Colombia and I don't watch that league at all. I rather watch the la liga or seria a teams (and Porto) that have lots of Colombians in their team. If you're still playing in Colombia you're too young or suck

RIDE THAT BANDWAGON BUDDY!

Askani

I had to miss the game...damnit.

Those highlights were exactly what I want to see from us though. Chances in front of the box and people putting shots on frame. Zusi's first goal was the better by far. Just a solid one touch shot from a strong pass and right in. The second was just a showcase for his skills.

Really happy he ended up with two but it would have been nice if the second wasn't in garbage time right before the end of the game. Still makes me fearful for the playoffs about how many goals we score.

EDIT :::::

Kamara's header was so close. Too bad that wasn't a goal.

And Zusi's second goal was great, but in all fairness, he should have passed off to Sapong since he was more open and clearly onside. Maybe Zusi's line to the corner of the goal was too good. Wish we had a behind the goal angle. I need to stop looking gift horse directly in their mouths.

EDIT 2 :::::

Different angle from The Cauldron. I see why he took the shot now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZD33rlYF3k

Top Bottom