• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 Major League Soccer |OT| THIS LEAGUE IS RELEVANT!

Hieberrr

Marco Di Vaio just answered my question on youtube
KuGsj.gif

Feels good :D

Hieberrr

I really hope the Crew lose tonight. It'll keep Montreal's playoff chances alive.

EDIT: FML they scored
EDIT2: FMFL... 2nd goal...

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Great win and great performance by Henry, but it was against TFC. Carry the momentum into the next game, and stop letting in early goals please. PLEASE.

Hieberrr

Watching the Whitecaps-Sounders match and I have to say, I really hate artificial pitches. Ever time someone kicks the ball, you see a cloud of dirt form in the air.

Nesotenso

I'm surprised Ohio went for the Crew. I see Crew jerseys a lot nowadays, so maybe I shouldn't be so surprised. They get decent support.

Crew Stadium had been very good for the USMNT. I wish the games I see on TV for the crew had more attendance. I guess everything lives in the shadow of OSU there but the diehards turn up no matter what.

Hieberrr

Guys I need advice should I renew my Earthquakes season tickets

Only if you are staying in the city and can make it to the matches. Plus if it seems like a sound investment, then by all means. I personally would never spend money on season tickets.Honestly, if the cost seems worth it for the experience, then do it! I'm sure a lot of people will be killing for a seat next year.

Osorio

So someone from ESC just told me that days after he gave Henry one of our club T-shirts for his Bday he started looking up the history of the team. He asked people from the front office if people from the Metro days were still around and they said that ESC is older than the team itself and many of the guys there have been there since 96. So yesterday he wore a custom armband, black and red, for the old Metro colors. When he scored his goal he went over to 101 and pointed at the armband

armband.gif

Fucking class.

Hieberrr

Yeah, he is way out of everyone's league in the MLS. At least it helps the people around him develop into better players. I really hope that, come playoff time, RB Arena is gonna be completely sold out and jumping and bumping. Last year against the Galaxy was... really disappointing support wise.

Osorio

Yeah, he is way out of everyone's league in the MLS. At least it helps the people around him develop into better players. I really hope that, come playoff time, RB Arena is gonna be completely sold out and jumping and bumping. Last year against the Galaxy was... really disappointing support wise.

I couldn't even make that game. They beat Dallas in the wild card game and suddenly it was that Sunday at 3 while both the Giants and Jets were playing.

On the other hand, the 2010 game against SJ wasn't sold out but the atmosphere was the most electric I've ever seen in MLS. When Angel scored the goal to tie it on aggregate I remember the section turning into some mosh pit thing and I was punching some dude in the heart for like 30 seconds. He was coked up so he couldn't feel it lol

xbhaskarx

Guys I need advice should I renew my Earthquakes season tickets

This was a poor attempt at a joke as I was leaving the game, sorry.
Let's see... on the positive side, they have 12 game tying or winning goals after the 80th minute. But they did lose one home game (in SF).
I'm definitely renewing my tickets.

Well, both times I've followed the Sounders on the road, the game has ended in a 0-0 draw.

Incidentally, Whitecaps fans live up to the Canadian stereotype of politeness. I was in my Sounders jacket all weekend (and scarf/jersey all game day) and not only were no Whitecaps fans rude to me, but I had several pleasant conversations with Whitecaps fans decked out in their colors. So cheers to you, Whitecaps fans, you're a lot classier than Galaxy fans (and your city is awesome and full of delicious food).

Hieberrr

Well, both times I've followed the Sounders on the road, the game has ended in a 0-0 draw.

Incidentally, Whitecaps fans live up to the Canadian stereotype of politeness. I was in my Sounders jacket all weekend (and scarf/jersey all game day) and not only were no Whitecaps fans rude to me, but I had several pleasant conversations with Whitecaps fans decked out in their colors. So cheers to you, Whitecaps fans, you're a lot classier than Galaxy fans (and your city is awesome and full of delicious food).
The rivalry has never been violent or anything bad. I hear the Cascadian rivalry is friendly and respectful.

Akim

Banned

Yeah. I moved there from Seattle and no one ever gives me shit about wearing my sounders gear. I just assume no one gives a shit about the whitecaps.

ATF487

I'm thinking about buying MLS Live next year and was wondering if it was worth it. How is the service?

Quite good quality wise, and convenient now that theres a Roku app for it. I subscribed to it a few years ago when it was 350k real player streams and it's amazing how much it's improved since then. Decent value too, compared to similar services.

Only downside is the terrible blackout policy. It didn't affect me too much when I was living in western MA and watching revs games, it only seemed to blackout nationally televised games. It'd be annoying to subscribe to a service like this and get blacked out because you didn't want to pony up for cable, though

Hieberrr

Quite good quality wise, and convenient now that theres a Roku app for it. I subscribed to it a few years ago when it was 350k real player streams and it's amazing how much it's improved since then. Decent value too, compared to similar services.

Only downside is the terrible blackout policy. It didn't affect me too much when I was living in western MA and watching revs games, it only seemed to blackout nationally televised games. It'd be annoying to subscribe to a service like this and get blacked out because you didn't want to pony up for cable, though

Ah thanks! I live in Toronto, but I'm a fan of Montreal so I wasn't exactly sure if this would be worth it or not. I know I get the occasional games on my local sports channel, but there are a handful that are exclusive to the Montreal area. I guess it wouldn't be too bad now that I decided to watch the league full time (at least, starting next season).

The quality isn't HD or anything like that, is it?

EDIT: My PC is hooked up to my HDTV through DVI, so I tend to sit rather far from the TV.

I'm writing a letter to EA and I am officially boycotting FIFA14 if they do not replicate Jeld Wen correctly. I'm sorry but some half-assed shanty town is a disgrace!

I'd kill, and pay for some DLC, if they did a MLS FIFA addition/add-on.
Give me all the fields, the cups, real faces, etc..

That could make a a good chunk of money if they did a "Full FIFA" game and additional DLC/disc based game add-ons for specific regions like "FIFA MLS" or "FIFA EPL" etc.. have all the teams with thier specific stadiums, actual faces etc..

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Why not support your local team instead of hopping on the bandwagon of the less mediocre Canadian team?

MLS stadiums in FIFA would be sweet. Has anyone tried FIFA 13 yet? I was wondering if in career mode all of the roster rules of MLS are ignored.

ATF487

Ah thanks! I live in Toronto, but I'm a fan of Montreal so I wasn't exactly sure if this would be worth it or not. I know I get the occasional games on my local sports channel, but there are a handful that are exclusive to the Montreal area. I guess it wouldn't be too bad now that I decided to watch the league full time (at least, starting next season).

The quality isn't HD or anything like that, is it?

EDIT: My PC is hooked up to my HDTV through DVI, so I tend to sit rather far from the TV.

If your connection is good enough, it streams in HD. It's sort of like that netflix style HD where it looks a little less fluid in motion, but for the most part it's pretty great.

I think you'd be fine streaming Montreal games in Toronto, since they do it by IP address. Let's hope your local team gets less shitty though

Askani

The picture at the top of the new MLS's power ranking's article is pretty amazing. I wish there was a higher res version out there.

The stadium is going to be so empty in Toronto next year :( The fans have finally had it.
Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment are the worst ownership group in the history of professional sports.

Hieberrr

If your connection is good enough, it streams in HD. It's sort of like that netflix style HD where it looks a little less fluid in motion, but for the most part it's pretty great.

I think you'd be fine streaming Montreal games in Toronto, since they do it by IP address. Let's hope your local team gets less shitty though

Sounds good to me! I'm going to buy it first thing next season.

xbhaskarx

Why? He brought in huge players for the team, did he not? And the team is winning...

What does that even mean? Big players come because of the attraction of New York and the money of the Red Bulls organization, not because Eric Soler convinced them to come. But he picks which big names to sign, and just the money he wasted on Rafa Marquez should be justification enough to replace him.

Hieberrr

What does that even mean? Big players come because of the attraction of New York and the money of the Red Bulls organization, not because Eric Soler convinced them to come. But he picks which big names to sign, and just the money he wasted on Rafa Marquez should be justification enough to replace him.

He brought in players and it seems like it is finally paying off. I don't get why these teams let their managers and GMs go so quickly.

Top Bottom