• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 Major League Soccer |OT| THIS LEAGUE IS RELEVANT!

xbhaskarx

Does any currently employed MLS coach deserve to be fired at the end of the season? With Portland, Philly and Toronto already having made changes I would say no.

Thanks. He was pretty good for us last month in world cup qualifying. Our old centerbacks are our main weakness atm so just wanted to see how he was doing.

Valdez is one of the top five CBs in the league even though his team is quite bad.

Nesotenso

All playoff spots in the East are locked up. MLS standings indicates SKC picked up the top seed in the East. Any of the 5 teams in the East can reach the finals.

Well the Union lost tonight, but are season was over anyways and besides that..it was STH Loyalty night!!

Since we accumulated enough loyalty points all season (atending matches and such you earn them on your ST card) we were allowed a "backstage" tour around PPL Park as well as eating in the stadium club with a few players who didnt make the trip to Houston. Afterwards we could watch the game anyweres in the stadium on a TV or better yet from the "good seats" behind the bench while they played it on the big screen.

Heres some pics I snapped fromt he night :)

Owners Suite/Were Celebrities/Sports stars sit (this view from PPL NEVER gets old...amazing)
SKCJ8.jpg

Union Locker Room

Away team Locker room...yeah, its shiiiiiity lol

My kid sitting on the Union bench...tired of me taking his picture lol

Watching the game (got cold, left at the half...before the 2 goals thankfully.)
sfJx4.jpg

An amazing sight..

Remy

All playoff spots in the East are locked up. MLS standings indicates SKC picked up the top seed in the East. Any of the 5 teams in the East can reach the finals.

SKC have not locked up the top spot. They're on 60 points, and DC could reach that if SKC loses to Philly at home and DC beats Chicago. Since DC holds the tiebreaker (52 GF vs 40 GF), they could potentially lose control of 1st place.

Nesotenso

SKC have not locked up the top spot. They're on 60 points, and DC could reach that if SKC loses to Philly at home and DC beats Chicago. Since DC holds the tiebreaker (52 GF vs 40 GF), they could potentially lose control of 1st place.

Yeah I figured the MLS website didn't have it right. I don't expect us to lose to the Union at home but things can always go wrong.

elsk

Banned
Well the Union lost tonight, but are season was over anyways and besides that..it was STH Loyalty night!!

Since we accumulated enough loyalty points all season (atending matches and such you earn them on your ST card) we were allowed a "backstage" tour around PPL Park as well as eating in the stadium club with a few players who didnt make the trip to Houston. Afterwards we could watch the game anyweres in the stadium on a TV or better yet from the "good seats" behind the bench while they played it on the big screen.

Heres some pics I snapped fromt he night :)

Wow, that's nice. That stadium looks great! How's Freddy Adu doing? I still remember when he was labeled as the next big thing in football.

Remy

Very happy with the RBNY performance last night. SKC looked panicky and unable to attack for the most part. If they can keep playing like that for the playoffs, it could be a deep run.

Also looks like I may be piling into a car with some other press box folks and heading down to PPL for the game next weekend. Should be a fun time.

zedge

Wow.. not too impressed with the Timbers stall tactics this game.

Congrats on the cascadia cup though.

Lets go Sounders now!

Socreges

Banned
2-1 Sounders!!

If Dallas gets a tie/win, I think they make the playoffs. They'd play Chivas next week (likely win), whereas Vancouver gets RSL (likely loss).

Wish I could watch this. Got rid of TSN2, though.

Nesotenso

2-1 Sounders!!

If Dallas gets a tie/win, I think they make the playoffs. They'd play Chivas next week (likely win), whereas Vancouver gets RSL (likely loss).

Wish I could watch this. Got rid of TSN2, though.

Whitecaps would be first Canadian team to make playoffs.

Akim

Banned
Fucking whitecaps...can't even draw portland at home. I can't wait to watch them get shredded by SJ. Not ready for the playoffs.

elsk

Banned
Really enjoyed Seattle Sounders vs. FC Dallas. Freddy is really good. I hope ESPN keeps broadcasting more matches from now on

Osorio

Very happy with the RBNY performance last night. SKC looked panicky and unable to attack for the most part. If they can keep playing like that for the playoffs, it could be a deep run.

Also looks like I may be piling into a car with some other press box folks and heading down to PPL for the game next weekend. Should be a fun time.

Word. Metro-GAF is at 3 strong.

Osorio

I really want to go to Philly but I'm a solid 0-8 at road games including a 2-1 loss to Crystal Palace Baltimore at a high school stadium in Annapolis.

9th time's a charm?

Askani

I really want to go to Philly but I'm a solid 0-8 at road games including a 2-1 loss to Crystal Palace Baltimore at a high school stadium in Annapolis.

9th time's a charm?

"Fool me eight times, shame on you. Fool me nine or more times, shame on me."

blurrygil

I'll be in LA for this weekend's Sounders fixture. It's gonna be a bore considering we're both in playoffs, no one wants to get hurt nor can really improve positions. So meh.

But on Monday a huge lot of us are hitting the Price is Right taping. So yeah, I'm winning me a fuggin car!

Askani

Wow. Great double save by MacMath. Should be 2-0 but he just kept Philly in it. I expect that to be on save of the week.

Askani

Glad we finished strong. Kamara basically split four defenders and played a perfect pass for that second goal. Number 1 seed locked up. Unbeaten in something like 3 months. Great work!

My playoff ticket is already secured. Lets do this!!!

Askani

Kinda sucks that this is the way Jimmy's run to the shutout record ended. We were lazy running into the box. That's not on Jimmy at all and that's a shame.

Askani

We looked a little more solid the first half for sure. Peterson Joseph came in for Nagamura when he tweaked his ankle and made some amazing passes. We controlled better, were a little faster to the ball. More physical. Etc. All the Union could do was pass deep and hope their guy was onside to make a run. Yeah, second half was a different story though.

Askani

Sweet! The Cauldron supporters group had more USOC scarves...scarfs....decorative neck warmer things at the game last night. My friend who went picked one up for me.

USOCscarfBlue.jpg

Sweet! The Cauldron supporters group had more USOC scarves...scarfs....decorative neck warmer things at the game last night. My friend who went picked one up for me.

Stupid penalty shootouts.

I think possibly the only time all year I've been disappointed in Ozzie Alonso

Hieberrr

BAH! I am totally investing in MLS Live next year. I can't stand the stream for the Impact match (the quality sucks)!

EDIT: Right when I said that, it dies LOL.

Hieberrr

The Impact missing 4-5 really close chances really came back to bite us in the ass. So many balls creeping a meter or so in front of the net, all unclaimed :( New England just scored in the 88th minute (?), so that pretty much ended the game. What a terrible way to finish the season.

Hieberrr

How is Nesta doing in the MLS, btw?

Nesta has been pretty solid so far for us. His age is showing a little in terms of speed and agility, but he makes up for it with his intelligence and know-how. For someone brought in to mentor the younger defenders, he did well enough to keep his spot in the starting XI.

Top Bottom